Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Suggestions

Annihilism

I´ve been playing the game with an Xbox 360 controller for quite a while now and I have some suggestions±

Lay out:

The standard lay-out is pretty horrible (and it seems a lot of people agree with me).

Needing to keep the left joystick pressed to run is pretty annoying and tiring on the thumb. I moved this keybind to the Left Bumper (LB). Same goes for the slide/crouch button wich is in an awkward place. The problem is that you move the camera with the right joystick as well and you can easily miss a jump because you accidently moved away for pressing the crouch, I moved this button to the X. The rest of the lay out seems pretty solid. Left trigger to aim and right trigger to shoot works perfectly, so does Right bumper for melee. Switch weapon is where it should be on y and I moved reload to the B button. I suggest putting all the powers on the D-pad. Power 1 d pad up, power 2 d pad right, power 3 d pad down and power 4 d pad left. I have the use item button set to left joystick press and block to the left stick press.

Hack panels:

There seems to be a weird bug with hack panels. Whenever you get a puzzle with a puzzle piece in the middle of the puzzle you are unable to move it, making it impossible to complete the hacking panel.

World Map:

Currently it is impossible to actually move around in the world map and select missions, this should be fixed since it means you have to resort to the keyboard to select a mission wich is quite annoying. You could make it so that you can move around the systems with RB and LB and move throug missions with the joystick. Then use the Y button to change the "Online - Solo etc." mode and use the D pad to move along the top menu (arsenal/contacts/market/foundry).

Warframe generally works pretty well with a controller but there are some improvements that could be made.

You should listen to him, and pay attention to his problems.

Warframe will always be held back by controller interfacing. With the ps4 release it will be strictly balanced around what a controller is capable of and not what you can do with mouse + keyboard.

^sad panda

Why do you play shooter on PC with controller? Do you just want to have worese game experience or are you console gamer? Both are the same tho.

Here are my suggestions:

Mouse + Keyboard

or

Mouse + Razer Nostromo/Orbweaver/other keypad

So I post legit problems with a game and the way it can be played and I get responses like this?

Either take feedback or don't. But don't wonder why the game isn't improving if you just harass anyone who posts legit problems or feedback.

Both of your comments have no value whatsoever. But yeah, next time ill think again about posting a bugreport or improvements for this game. Apparently it's not appreciated...

This is some 5 star feedback I'm seeing, really intelligent discussion of the points that have been raised.

[/sarcasm]

I prefer keyboard to gamepad, but that doesn't mean that I need to S#&$ all over anyone who wants to try out a gamepad. Seriously, what are you even doing in the suggestions/improvements forum if you're not going to discuss improvements/suggestions?

So I post legit problems with a game and the way it can be played and I get responses like this?

Either take feedback or don't. But don't wonder why the game isn't improving if you just harass anyone who posts legit problems or feedback.

Both of your comments have no value whatsoever. But yeah, next time ill think again about posting a bugreport or improvements for this game. Apparently it's not appreciated...

Eh, two guys posting stupid S#&$ in response to one post shouldn't really make much difference. They're bumping the post, at least.

Edited by wasniahC

Warframe will always be held back by controller interfacing. With the ps4 release it will be strictly balanced around what a controller is capable of and not what you can do with mouse + keyboard.

^sad panda

Definition of consolitis

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

I´ve been playing the game with an Xbox 360 controller for quite a while now and I have some suggestions±

Lay out:

The standard lay-out is pretty horrible (and it seems a lot of people agree with me).

Needing to keep the left joystick pressed to run is pretty annoying and tiring on the thumb. I moved this keybind to the Left Bumper (LB). Same goes for the slide/crouch button wich is in an awkward place. The problem is that you move the camera with the right joystick as well and you can easily miss a jump because you accidently moved away for pressing the crouch, I moved this button to the X. The rest of the lay out seems pretty solid. Left trigger to aim and right trigger to shoot works perfectly, so does Right bumper for melee. Switch weapon is where it should be on y and I moved reload to the B button. I suggest putting all the powers on the D-pad. Power 1 d pad up, power 2 d pad right, power 3 d pad down and power 4 d pad left. I have the use item button set to left joystick press and block to the left stick press.

Hack panels:

There seems to be a weird bug with hack panels. Whenever you get a puzzle with a puzzle piece in the middle of the puzzle you are unable to move it, making it impossible to complete the hacking panel.

World Map:

Currently it is impossible to actually move around in the world map and select missions, this should be fixed since it means you have to resort to the keyboard to select a mission wich is quite annoying. You could make it so that you can move around the systems with RB and LB and move throug missions with the joystick. Then use the Y button to change the "Online - Solo etc." mode and use the D pad to move along the top menu (arsenal/contacts/market/foundry).

Warframe generally works pretty well with a controller but there are some improvements that could be made.

I play Warframe the same way you do, having both an Xbox 360 controller stuck to my PC, and a PS3 at home, I've come adjusted to the feel (I also find it particularly helpful to have the vibration feedback when you get shot at, or being damaged by an environmental hazard!).

What really ticks me off is that there are a number of missing functions missing on the keybind menu for the gamepad. For example, I'd like to be able to set the sprint toggle to the left thumb-stick, because unless you're playing stealthily, you'll be sprinting for most of your time anyway, and it is quite tiring holding down the thumb-stick to run, especially during long gaming sessions. I also like your suggestion to add the frame powers on the D-Pad, might actually do it myself.

I'd like to suggest that the block system (which I would tie to the LB, so that melee would be tied to the shoulder buttons of the controller) and the roll system are tied together, so that you can block with your LB (and walk/sprint if you need to as well), but hitting the Jump button (I would tie this to the A key) and pushing the L-Stick in any direction would make you roll/flip in said direction (of course, this can only be done on the ground, but since you can't block in mid-air [though I stand to be corrected, never tried myself]).

The rest of the control options seem to be pretty solid, not quite so sure how calling the item menu system would work (I personally don't see how this would fit on the gamepad, not quite sure about it's implementation in-game either). Also, not being able to interact with in-game menus and an iffy aim-assist (which attempts to track enemies to the side of the actual target) also down-sides, particularly when there are plans for having a PS4 version of the game.

Whilst I appreciate all the good work that is being done to this respect, and to ensure that the gameplay is fun and intuitive, I look forward to see more changes towards this goal, and am willing to contribute further.

• 3 months later...