Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Turret Sentinel

PikaWurrzag

Please move this topic if it is in the wrong category.

The idea:

Create a usable turret that the player can set up. The turret will use the sentinel slot.

The turret will work like any other sentinel except that it can be deployed, picked up, carried by the player. When the turret is "holstered" it will be attached to the player's back, similar to the way shotguns are holstered in Mass Effect 3.

When deployed the turret will unfold and target enemies if warrior mod is attached. The turret could also be customizable, different weapons (i.e. MOA railgun, acrid, ignis, ...) or attach a shield generator, similar to the shield osprey, instead of the weapon. Also, additional mods could be made that regenerate the energy of players that are 5m away from the turret or ammo resupply.

Possible nerf if overpowered:

- When it is holstered, the mods attached have no effect.

Here is a very simple and quick render/model to get the idea across:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/615029596565855331/CD3AB24A2F256D253DDDFF6ADFB2AEC21BF27759/

The idea is awesome. I have been longing for a -real- turret, because vauban only has his little pewpew-grenades. Only problem would be, that it is heavily overpowered: energy-regen, ammo supply acrid-turret is a little bit way over the top. Let's say: you can only choose one mod of the regen type, one weapon that deals a little bit more damage than the sentinels do (because it can't move) and has a short cooldown on redeployment or something like that. Since warframe is an action rich shooter and you need to move across the whole map, it would be a little bit hard to set up a turret, anyway though. However it would be a little bit OP in defense missions and hardly usable in highlevel missions. More of a fun-to-have item it seems, just like the miter. Also DE propably has its hands busy with some stuff already, considering how everything went with U10. All i can do is say:

"Please, DE!"

You have my support.

I for one like the turret's idea though I would make it a gadget that can be used from the inventory - that way though it would be strong it would be an X-time used item making the player pay every time he uses it one way or another like an ammo pack. You gave me a good idea actually so I'm going to include this in my "ideas" topic (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/79196-concepts-of-mine-consumables-merchant-gambler-and-void-cause-i-like-that/#entry863293) if you don't mind.

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

Edited by K_Shiro