Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Glaring Issues

Anunymau5

Yeah i split it into two parts. Why have one wall of text when you can have two? I wrote this earlier but due to the combined efforts of a crappy router and windows 8, my internet failed just as I clicked the post button. So here's take II sorry I'm a sucker for Latin and Roman Numerals.

By this point most of you are probably confused and I'm sure a substantial portion of myself is standing there with you wondering where the rest of me is. No don't look, you'll just make me self conscious about my missing legs! This is the sequel/second part/spinoff of my earlier post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/112712-how-to-fix-the-glaring-issue/#entry1305868

You might want to read it for reference and not for the shameless self promotion. Anyways I'm running out of tangent points and I need to scatter them throughout this whole post so here we go. This a few (three or four) issues with the game that I didn't touch on in my first post or have erupted from the game since the post was released. Don't worry I provide solutions albiet some of them filled with so many broken metaphors they're nigh discernible.

Anyways here's the first issue: El Bandito Repeato

Not trying to be offensive there, I just didn't feel like writing "This game is repetitive and that is a issue that must be fixed, here's how." Yes, this game is incredibly repetitive because lets be honest, here's what you do in Warframe: You jump out of a ceiling vent, kill a bunch of guys, then leave. Sure there are sub objectives like shoot the fuel rods (still wrapping my head around that one.) But as a whole, the game is cause ceiling damage that isn't going to be covered by the property insurance, practice your mass murder skills, then leave because there's no one left or the ship is filling with hazardous radiation from all the Uranium 332 rods that you decided to shoot for the fun of it. 

Now most games could easily be broken down to a very simple formula. However the formula works if it's pretty and filled with meaty stuff. In the case of Warframe, it's Lore. Yes this game needs more Lore. Honestly I still don't really know what I'm doing. I know I'm a something called a "Tenno." I know I need to shoot some other group of somethings called the "Grineer", and somewhere amongst all this is a (zombie?) virus and the Corpus. This isn't really a plot DE.

Lore is used in many cases to distract everyone from the gaping holes in something. HP Lovecraft used it to distract everyone from the sometimes anachronistic flow of purple prose spewing from his pen. (If anyone can tell me what the hell a non-euclidean cyclopean city is, I will love you forever!) You see DE, Lore keeps us drooling over the plots and subplots, the vivid detail of what caused the technocyte virus. While the fact that rollers seems to constantly be stopping us is swept under the carpet. 

Long story short, this game needs more Lore. A lot more Lore. Even if it's not a plot but just a ton more background information then I'm sure a lot of people would be happy.

Ok time to waste more tangent points. Actually nevermind, I was gonna use one as a segway into the next issue but I'm tired and my cat is drooling again. Second issue!

Content updates:

DE everyone loves content. Content is beautiful. But, a fruit basket without any form of plant life is just a basket and seeing as how my metaphors are as empty as the basket I'm gonna try to be straightforward. DE you need to start talking to your community more about content updates. Sure you have livestreams but those can easily be broken down into 40% goofing off, 20% avoiding answers, 5% plat prizes, 15% being somewhat enigmatic with the answers (which is good but only to a certain extent) and 20% actually answering the questions. Now this does vary from livestream to livestream, (For instance, my favourite stream was the last art one because we saw a ton of potential future tilesets and all of them looked amazing!) We need the streams to be like that, we need them to be packed with content and upcoming features. 

But at the same time, content cannot be all you focus on with a game. Sure it's always good to add new stuff, but you need to get better at communicating about what exactly the new stuff is gonna be. On the day of update 10, we all still thought Lephantis was going to be an awesome replacement for Golem. Heck he was even named Golem when he was first released! But suddenly he was locked behind a monstrous grindwall and didn't even replace Golem! It's stuff like this which is making many players grieve. Sudden changes aren't good if no one knows about them. It causes bugs and anger. 

Solution time:Talk more with your community before you make a drastic change. Heck you could even add a polls option..

Alright this is (to the best of my ability) the last issue and to be honest it doesn't even fall really into game relevance.

Community Vs. Moderators:

Now I have no qualms with either the community or the moderators. Consider me to be a neutral third party in this case. But I've noticed the way that moderators behave with threads to be a little overkill. For instance, today someone posted that Anonymous thread with some criticism about the nerfing of Heavy Caliber and how it had cost them 2mil credits to max it. Only for the mod to become obselete and useless. Now I don't really have issues with that, it was a legitimate complaint however it had some criticism of a moderator at the end. (This mod shall remain nameless because I'm a nice person) but like like self appreciation, it was shattered when the thread was shut down for complaints about mods. 

That right there is the issue. The fact that one small complaint can shut down an entire thread and give the OP a potential warning point. I feel like the mods should instead ask that the complaint be removed if the rest of the post does have merit. I mean if the post goes something along the lines of "OMG I hate DE_Steve I heard he eats Kittens and Babies for breakfast!" (Don't worry DE_Steve I have no quarrel with you. You were just the first dev to pop into my head.) I could see that being removed seeing as how the only positive quality about the post was that it was in a complete sentence. 

Long story short: Mods shouldn't shut down an entire thread because of one small complaint.

Alright I'm done writing for tonight. Let's hope my router doesn't explode when posting this. Leave your comments or suggestions below.

EDIT: Got some sleep and fixed up some spelling and grammar issues.

TLDR: read the post ya bum!

Edited by Anunymau5

I'd love more lore...but I'm a player more than a reader when it comes to vidya.

I'd much prefer DE focus on tightening the gameplay and coming up with more solid mechanics first. I want the numbers to be as close to perfect as they can be because I love to min/max.

Great lore can cloak the bad numbers for most players but min/max'ers will see right through it immediately.

I'd love more lore...but I'm a player more than a reader when it comes to vidya.

I'd much prefer DE focus on tightening the gameplay and coming up with more solid mechanics first. I want the numbers to be as close to perfect as they can be because I love to min/max.

Great lore can cloak the bad numbers for most players but min/max'ers will see right through it immediately.

I meant using Lore to keep people occupied while they hammer out gameplay fixes. 

• 2 months later...