Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On-Screen Keyboard Ingame.

Captainclaw

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the Windows on-screen keyboard inside the game?

I tried running in windowed and borderless window mode, but it makes me keep clicking the chat bar for every letter...

I am disabled so I can only use my mouse and the left side of my keyboard at once, now this is just fine for playing the game but I can't actually participate in any of the chatrooms or communicate ingame without voice chat. Makes it really difficult to do any Void missions when you can't type in the Recruiting channel.

So, is it possible? I can use the OSK without any problems in most other games, so I imagine it is not particularly difficult to implement. 

Thanks.

P.S. I was not sure where to put this topic, so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong section.

Edited by Captainclaw

Until they can get this implimented, maybe use copy-paste to get your messages onto recruiting channel?

Nice idea, but I can only use the left side of my keyboard(enough to actually play the game) but can't move my hands to reach the enter key. It'd be great if they just added a "Send" button to the interface, then I could do what you said.

Of course unlocking the borderless window mode so the cursor isn't stuck in it and the windows screen keyboard can be used would be the best option.

Thanks for the interest :)

You could use a keystroke to emulate Enter using "Autohotkey". It's a nifty powerfull program to turn keystrokes into diffreant commands.

So you could have for example pressing X + Left Mouse button (or Alt+c...) to act like Enter. Maybe even to type "yes" into chat window with little effort.

There are some simpler macro programs, but I like to use Autohotkey, becuase it offers more. You just need to install it, then run a helpful script that runs in background. I can create the macro for you if interested

Edited by Garth_Tremor

You could use a keystroke to emulate Enter using "Autohotkey". It's a nifty powerfull program to turn keystrokes into diffreant commands.

So you could have for example pressing X + Left Mouse button (or Alt+c...) to act like Enter. Maybe even to type "yes" into chat window with little effort.

There are some simpler macro programs, but I like to use Autohotkey, becuase it offers more. You just need to install it, then run a helpful script that runs in background. I can create the macro for you if interested

I know about and use AutoHotkey, haven't done so in Warframe yet though. While Autohotkey is very good for this purpose, it is still much inferior to a virtual keyboard of any description. DE just has to disable cursor locking in the borderless window mode so that clicking a button on the virtual KB does not remove focus from the Warframe window.

Thanks for the reply though, really appreciate it :)