Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out Of Range : Screen Fails Completely To Show Game After Update

Schnecke

I was able to run it in windowed mode, using the preference tool in the launcher, but it would be nice to have the normal config setting back, which before was working correctly.

This is my first message, i ´ll try to set a bug report out too.

Thank you for posting this, it is exactly what has happened to me, I was worried when no one else posted about having a similar problem.

Before update 7 I was able to play in full screen, now I can only use windowed or borderless full screen which lags my game more. I have tried all combinations of Resolution/Aspect Ratio/Vertical Sync with the full screen option and I always get "Out of Range".

Again playing in windowed or borderless full screen lags my game, as well as creating a 'mouse drag' effect which makes it a little difficult to manoeuvre around the menus, can the DE team please look in to this, I am sure there are others with a similar problem.

Edited by Freighttrain

Hey there, i found a work around:

When you click windowed mode in launcher,

then starting it like that.

Then click on the edit: gear for accessing the setting/option ingame,

find the screen symbol, click.

at resolution, choose one which works for your screen/PC setting,

then also change the windowed option there back to full screen,

don´t forget to confirm your new settings.

I exit´d and after a new start it works fine now.

The bug should be looked into, nevertheless, new gamers would want to run it properly too.

Edited by Schnecke

Hey there, i found a work around:

When you click windowed mode in launcher,

then starting it like that.

Then click on the wrench for accessing the setting/option ingame,

find the screen symbol, click.

at resolution, choose one which works for your screen/PC setting,

then also change the windowed option there back to full screen,

don´t forget to confirm your new settings.

I exit´d and after a new start it works fine now.

The bug should be looked into, nevertheless, new gamers would want to run it properly too.

Thanks you so much!

Ok my game has started to allow alt+tab again, I tried what you mentioned with the resolution set to 800x600, got the "Out of Range", alt+tabbed and then right clicked Warframes taskbar tab and exited, I relaunched the game, it was in full screen and I got "Out of Range".

Although I realise you have no obligation or other motivation to revisit this thread since you have already posted a fix that worked for you and one other, if you could re-list the steps you took to fix this in a clear order for me, then I would be very thankful, it's just that I had a little trouble following your instructions.

If not then that's fine, I realise I'm using old hardware and it's time I saved up for a new computer.

Also how did you exit the game exactly and what other options do you have checked in the graphics tab, oh and what resolution are you using.

Edited by Freighttrain

Ok my game has started to allow alt+tab again, I tried what you mentioned with the resolution set to 800x600, got the "Out of Range", alt+tabbed and then right clicked Warframes taskbar tab and exited, I relaunched the game. it was in full screen and I got "Out of Range".

Although I realise you have no obligation or other motivation to revisit this thread since you have already posted a fix that worked for you and one other, if you could re-list the steps you took to fix this in a clear order for me, then I would be very thankful, it's just that I had a little trouble following your instructions.

If not then that's fine, I realise I'm using old hardware and it's time I saved up for a new computer.

Also how did you exit the game exactly and what other options do you have checked in the graphics tab, oh and what resolution are you using.

Ok. Some additional information:

i downloaded the whole thing again, by using the clear Download cache option, which is also located on the launcher Setting window.

Probably not a must, just thought it would not make it worse.

According to the settings info i run

Launcher 2013.03.18.16.18, and have the engine

actual with number 2013.03.19.01.52

Well alt+tab works for me, when i got the "out of range" black screen info,

then ending the game by using the task manager.

Restarting the launcher.

Using the round gear symbol there (sorry for using wrench earlier, german here), to deny full screen, (uncheck the "enable full screen" box)

then starting it via "play" button.

So when you logged in, running it in windowed mode now,

you accept the settings symbol again (gear),

find the screen symbol (monitor/screen sign),

where you can change to full screen and the wanted resolution again)

Although I have a good grafic card and a newer screen, so i use 1280x720, you might try it out what works for you.

(saw that it works on a 800x600 resolution first by default i think.)

Then exit with confirm , end the game with X (log out), and quit it like normal, it saves automatically, and when you restart it should work normally, as you now have made a new config for it. (i guess the old one got deleted with the update, or suspectedly the game uses else folders, dunno)

Hope this clears it up a bit.

Other options in graphics tab i left on default, i think, i can look it up laters, but i have work to do now, so, see you maybe & hopefully ingame.

:D

Thank you for taking the time to write this out clearly for me, unfortunately I think I think I'll have to put up with a windowed Warframe for now, as after following your instructions using a few different resolutions it still gives me "Out of Range".

There is one instruction I might have misread though, when you change your resolution to 1280x720 are you still in windowed mode, or do you save the new resoluiton option, exit (all this while still in windowed), and then when you run the launcher again select 'Enable Full-Screen' from the launchers gear symbol, or, do you select the Fullscreen option while in the 'monitor/screen' tab in-game either during the resolution change, or after the resolution change in the next relaunch.

I'm sorry if the last paragraph is a little confusing, I am just trying to determine exactly when the Windowed --> Fullscreen change takes place, anyway it's likely that my problem is a little different from yours due to my old computer, I can still play Warframe it's just a little frustrating sometimes, oh and thank you for your time.

Hello, this quote should clear your question:

So when you logged in, running it in windowed mode now,

you accept the settings symbol again (gear),

find the screen symbol (monitor/screen sign),

where you can change to full screen

and

the wanted resolution again)

Although I have a good grafic card and a newer screen, so i use 1280x720, you might try it out what works for you.

(saw that it works on a 800x600 resolution first by default i think.)

Then exit with confirm ,

When i confirmed it saved. (See it in the right bottom of your screen)

I cannot say if it was in windowed until the restart as i can not retry the problem , as i solved it already.

end the game with X (log out),

and quit it like normal,

it saves automatically, and when you restart it should work normally,

I hope you find your own workaround, when you say it worked earlier, there should be a solution to your problem too.

And for the time..yw!

Always were glad to find help in the forums too.

Any chance someone experiencing this issue could submit a support ticket with their DxDiag.txt and EE.log files attached? Having trouble reproducing the issue on our end so additional info would be awesome.

I have a DxDiag.txt file but I'm unsure how to find/generate an EE.log file, could you tell me how I can get it, oh and thank you for taking notice of this issue.

Edited by Freighttrain

To generate the log file, just simply run the game so you experience the issue on your end and then shut the game down. The EE.log file will be updated once you shut down your game.

To find the log file (as well as other useful things when submitting a support ticket):

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/entries/22884986-What-information-should-I-give-when-submitting-a-ticket-

To generate the log file, just simply run the game so you experience the issue on your end and then shut the game down. The EE.log file will be updated once you shut down your game.

To find the log file (as well as other useful things when submitting a support ticket):

https://digitalextre...tting-a-ticket-

Ok I submitted a support ticket titled '"Out of Range" Fullscreen Error' with a 'Normal' priority except that I forgot to attach the DxDiag.txt and EE.log files, so I submitted an identical support ticket right after with the files attached. The support tickets are #5375 and #5376 respectively.

Tried the workaround provided by schnecke, after confirming 1280x720 from inside the game and setting it back to fullscreen, confirming the new options resulted in the same "out of range" error. The game still runs fine on windowed or borederless fullscreen. It's really a shame because this might be what causes me not to buy a founders pack.

Hi gopher, it's just not the same without fullscreen is it, if you submit a support ticket with your DxDiag.txt and EE.log files attached like I have, they may be able to figure this out more quickly; unless you've already done so. Also are you using an oldish computer like me.

Edited by Freighttrain

i think i've found that the game is now forcing the refresh rate at 75hz on fullscreen, so if you have a 60hz monitor you'll get out of range.

i hope they'll resolve this issue soon

Edited by Sh4dowZ

Hi gopher, it's just not the same without fullscreen is it, if you submit a support ticket with your DxDiag.txt and EE.log files attached like I have, they may be able to figure this out more quickly; unless you've already done so. Also are you using an oldish computer like me.

Yeah, I've been using borderless but it's just different somehow. I haven't submitted a ticket yet but I'm starting to consider it. My computer is about 3-4 years old.

• 2 weeks later...

My topic got closed, i wonder if it makes sense to reopen it, because its still appearing. (After an update i had to use my workaround again).

I tried to play the download which is offered at steams platform, problem is, as there´s no direct launcher, i can´t adjust it there, so "out of reach" problem makes it unable to play it over "steam" for me.

(What a pity.)

• 2 weeks later...