Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solair, The Warframe Of Sun(Art Needed!)

TRGxEndless

Alrighty everyone, Im a little new to the lore of Warframe, so BE NICE! Please and thank you.

STORY: There came a time in the universe where the weak needed a being to enlighten them, a being to praise. Combined with the powers of the sun, Solair came, he came to be known as a hero of light, and behind him a civiliation of paladins and heros(Incentive for other Frames of this type). I did not name him after Solair of Astora, just before you ask.

Design

The idea is a Organic/cyber looking Hybrid, based off of a white and gold color scheme, the frame will look "Fast and Jagged".

Powers(STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT)

Solar Flair

Type: AOE

Eng cost: 30

Desc: Solair Releases a wave of pure light, Blinding for 10 seconds and dealing damage to Enemies within a close radius of himself, and slightly healing nearby allies

Sun Sakult

Type: Ranged Attack

Eng cost: 50

Desc: Solair harnesses pure light and molds it into a whip, lashing at enemies and bringing them closer for a melee attack, if the attack kills, the whips energy forces a solar flair ability.

Hero's Followers (Ult)

Type: AOE Buff

Eng cost: 75

Desc: The pride of fighting with the Sun Warframe Enhances the abilities of those around him, giving them 15% Crit hit, and increasing health regen by 15%

Light Speed

Type: Movement enhancment

Eng cost: 10

Desc: Much like Loki's "Switch teleport" Ability, this allows Solair to turn his body into light, Allowing him to get out of trouble or travel faster. Enemies he teleports through get damage based on their distance from Solair I.E. The closer they are the more damage.

Edited by TRGxEndless

There are indeed some interesting abilties, not your common rhinostomp-but-named-different. But the energy costs seem a bit odd. Also the warframe seems not to be very strong, ability-wise, everythings just buff/debuff.

And lore... will in the end not make a good warframe.

[sarcastamode]

Also, you better get some high quality artwork soon, else this thread will drown. As some guy in that "Dragon" thread rightfully stated: came for the warframe, stayed for the amazing artwork. Sad, you can have the worst concept but as long as you have a good artwork, crowd is hailing to you.

[/sarcastamode]

Like I said, the abilities are works in progress, im going to update this often with ideas that people pitch in.

Instead of laser damage, what if the aura "burned up" the bullets that hit him, making him take eh... let's say 40% off from all damage types. Laser damage isn't used enough to be a real problem.

I think his ult should be an ability that is able to deal really high damage, like maybe he absorbs light and heat around him and unleashes it and it vaporizes (if the damage of the ability able to kill the enemy) all enemies within the radius

Edited by Klevin

A few suggestion

*His 1 should throw a lightning bolt

*His ult should be called "Glorious incandescence" and, make him glow and put him into the \[T]/ position, both hands pointing up in a v.

I like it! I just like the flare because it adds a tactical advantage  to Solair.

Praise the sun!Actually i like Solair of Astora 

A few suggestion

*His 1 should throw a lightning bolt

*His ult should be called "Glorious incandescence" and, make him glow and put him into the \[T]/ position, both hands pointing up in a v.

I see what it was inspired by.

Instead of laser damage, what if the aura "burned up" the bullets that hit him, making him take eh... let's say 40% off from all damage types. Laser damage isn't used enough to be a real problem.

Hmm, I like it. Works better with the "Solar Flare" Ability though.......Ill see about making some changes.

A fellow sunbro solarframe!

Nice to see people are still pushing sun frame concepts ^^

I was deciding for ages whether or not to do a light speed ability, but it works better with this one, much more defensive support than mine.

hope to see the stats version in the future.

*resisting urge...to...praise...SUN*       \[T]/

Edited by Phantom_Jack