Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Batframe - Classic Vampire Theme

Hrodgrim

First off, I can't think of a good name to fit this idea. Maybe some of you can help me out.

As you might've guessed from the title, this warframe is based on the classic accounts of vampires. I'm not referring to the more modern stuff such as Blade, but stuff such as the tales of vampires from around the time of the dark ages. The frame is supposed to be melee focused, with a strong emphasis on debuffing and survival.

I scribbled this down, before I forgot what I was pondering, and then colored it this morning.

OY4VNAZ.png

Commonly in these old myths, vampires could shapeshift into bats, wolves, bears, etc. However, that's not the focus of this idea, but merely what I designed its looks around. They also generally agreed that the vampires had blue-ish or purple-ish skin, so that accounts for my color choice (which can be changed, of course). I tried to make him a little impish-looking, to reflect the devilish nature that vampires are regarded with.

oldEE1Z.png

For his powers, I figured that life-steal is a mandatory thing for a vampire, and perhaps power over mist.

Power #1:

I thought this power could be similar to slash dash, albeit with a much wider strike range and slower moving. The Frame would dash forward a short ways, dealing a small amount of physical damage, with supercold mist following close behind, dishing out cold damage.

This power could offer some measure of crowd control by slowing enemies that touch the mist for X amount of seconds.

Power #2:

This power can be the signature life steal.

Perhaps it could be a loosely targeted projectile (akin to Volt's first power) and deal damage over time, like a bleed effect, bypassing shields (because shields don't bleed), and healing the frame for X% of the damage dealt. It would have to be short to medium range in order to keep with the melee focus of the frame.

Power #3:

I liken this power to Ash's smoke bomb, the frame puffs out a cold mist around itself, but instead of stealth, this power could stun the enemies in a small radius for a second or two, and slow them to a trotting pace (maybe even with a small chance to freeze one or two solid!).

Power #4:

The frame's ultimate power would deal damage to enemies in a sizable area and "extract" healing energy from them to heal nearby team mates (kind of like Oberon's third power, but machines should only cause minimal healing!) for X% of the damage times the amount of enemies hit. Perhaps it could also cause all but the toughest enemies to tremble in fear, unable to act for a moment or two. This would work well as a power to take a breather and regroup with the team.

Now, for stats, I don't exactly know what to put down; however, the frame should have decent amounts of armor and a high pool of health. The vampires weren't renowned for being easy to kill!

Thanks for your time, and see you on the battlefield.

Edited by Reefermun

• 5 months later...

+1 for helmet design. If they do add a vampire frame, I think your art concept is perfect and in keeping with Warframe style.

Sounds a little bit generic ability-wise. Instead of freezing, what if the mist stunned enemies and allowed them to be backstabbed? Enemies then killed via backstab would then drop a health orb.

This is a great idea, it kind of catches what a vampire is like (from seeing them in movies and games) although I would like to see him having more damage output skills instead of the the two only. Maybe change his first ability to make him dash at an enemy and siphon health from it (the cold mist can also be added there).More attacking skills make sense because vampires aren't known for being really friendly (twilight is a shame to all vampires never speak of it). In all a great frame idea.

I had something like this except he would damage himself to use his skills:

(insert shameless advertising here)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/237393-lamantic-the-masochist-frame/

I like the initial idea of the helmet and how you went for a very classic dracula look ( That means that he could perhaps have a cape syndana with bug vampire overlord collar maybe :D )

The idea of him being a mist and blood draining Warframe fits the idea but the abilities themselves could use a little re-working.

Ability Feedback:

Ability 1

is a dash attack. We have Zephyr, Excalibur, Rhino, and Hydroid who can use this type of ability but you've made it most similar to hydroids, which isn't a bad idea. The fact that this type of ability exists on 4 different frames tells you how useful it is. Especially since this one is designed to have the user affect targets with cold for follow-up attacks and not just deal X amount of damage.

Ability 2

is in the right spot. Not too cheap but not too expensive either. Perhaps it could work like Sayrn's spore and latch onto a target, leeching them over time and healing you? I'm just thinking of how to make it less of a healing volt bolt.

Ability 3

Maybe make it an ability that makes the frame able to pass through objects for a limited time? Vampires changing into mist makes me think of this one.

Ability 4

Perhaps it could be more unique by having it be a field of affect around the frame that lasts X amount of time and drains the health of any target in the field with damaged targets. In addition, targets damaged by yourself or an ally in the field at this time by means different from the ability itself ( such as a weapon) automatically gain the bleed proc.

I like the idea of a vampire frame in the game and I think you have a great concept to work with. Perhaps you could name him Nosteratu or some variation of Vlad? (I would say Vlad but we have Alad V.)

I have always liked the name Dhampir, or rather the spelling Dhampyr more so. I think it fits the Tenno lore better since Dhampir describes the child born of human and vampire lines. Kind of reminds you of how Tenno came to be, huh?

I also think that phase/mist through ability would really set this frame apart. Similar to Loki, yet different in the fact that it could enable many opportunities for fast stealth kills with minimal/no alert. Maybe have the added benefit of staying mist until either a certain time ticks or first attack to avoid detection of jumping out from behind a crate or doorway. Lol

• 4 months later...