Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Braton Prime

fatpig84

Yeah buff Braton Prime (and by extension the braton series)

Boltor Prime is what I thought an insanely powerful prime rifle should be.

But Braton Prime is a little lacking as it has no polarities on top of rarity.

It doesn't need to directly compete with the Boltor Prime in damage since the Boltor Prime has spread and travel time.

But the Braton Prime can compete directly with the Soma. Yes mastery 6 takes awhile, but Braton P takes luck and patience to find, unless you toss plat like candy.

So they should be almost equals, unlike the huge disparity between them now.

As a start,

we should bump up its ROF to 12 (regular braton 12.5, mk1 braton 9.5,  braton vandal 11)

Increase the damage to 25. (regular braton 20, Mk1 braton 18, braton vandal 26)

Increase proc rate to 20% (consistent for all bratons)

Reload time 1.8 seconds. (Mk1 Braton and Braton. 1.7  seconds, Braton Vandal 1.6 seconds)

Magazine 55 (Mk1 braton 65, Braton 50, Braton Vandal 50)

Yes this will not stop the Soma from being a top contender but this bumps up the Braton Prime as a closer alternative. 

The buffs to Braton and the Mk 1 will also make growing pains less harsh.

After small buffs, DE can then see does the Braton series need further buffs.

P.S and those who are worried about Supra being threatened. 

Even with a buffed Braton prime, it still will not outclass them in raw damage per hit or burst DPS.

As for Dera and Tetra being left behind. They have no recoil and spread. Don't forget it.

And the 100 m/s projectile speed is nearly hit scan. But of course they can use small re-works too.

Then there are the "other rifles" like Karak, Burston/BP, Latron / LP.

But again a buffed B Prime will not interfere with their niche.

Edited by fatpig84

I agree, although I prefer that the rate of fire to not be too high, and the clipsize to be 45, as one post some time ago said "The Orokin don't miss", which will encourage people to aim for the kill more than just depending on a fast fire rate to deal high damage.

That and I think 30 is the right number for the damage

Don't forget the Braton Vandal.. true to it's description.. meaning it being the Braton with the (significantly) highest base damage and Accuracy but lowest fire rate (so that Braton Prime and Vandal do same DPS).

A Buff for the Brandal is long overdue!

Edited by Namacyst

Yeah but imo, it is better for the Braton Prime to compare off against the Soma. :p

People can accept trade offs with the Boltor Prime since it sucks balls totally with heavy cal with projectiles going everywhere.

On top of the innate bolt travel time and bolt drift.

Ironically it becomes a ridiculously powerful shotgun... Which I don't mind.

I'd rather have them go back to the old firerates before damage 2.0 lowered them all for whatever reason and appropriately increase their damage per shot.

But hey, whatever to close up that huge gap.

Yup the old braton had an ROF of 11.4
That did not cause any issues.
Edited by fatpig84

Braton Prime is just under Soma in DPS. Buffing it's damage would bring it farther up, closer to the rest of it's prime brethren. I approve.

Lol no that definitely isn't the case.

Braton Prime is still below Soma by quite a distance.

Changing the figures as I suggest will actually bring it maybe 4 or 5 places away from the Soma :p

Edited by fatpig84

just under it's like 9th in dps soma is 3rd

9th?

You give the Braton Prime waaaaaay too much Credit.

It's actually Under the Tetra in terms of DPS.

Lol no that definitely isn't the case.

Braton Prime is still below Soma by quite a distance.

Changing the figures as I suggest will actually bring it maybe 4 or 5 places away from the Soma :p

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEdgMHjBhOHdFk1dTBxQUdoOXBmOTN2TTFkTjBvTUE&usp=sharing#gid=6

I'm using GottFaust's DPS ranking chart, which is somewhat outdated.  Braton Prime is in 23rd place with 14,979 raw sustained DPS, with Soma just beating it out at 15,881. (Not sure how accurate it is, but Burston Prime apparently DEMOLISHES both of them with a whopping 65,527 raw sustained DPS.)

Since GottFaust left the game, Which DPS calculator/chart is more reliable now?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEdgMHjBhOHdFk1dTBxQUdoOXBmOTN2TTFkTjBvTUE&usp=sharing#gid=6

I'm using GottFaust's DPS ranking chart, which is somewhat outdated.  Braton Prime is in 23rd place with 14,979 raw sustained DPS, with Soma just beating it out at 15,881. (Not sure how accurate it is, but Burston Prime apparently DEMOLISHES both of them with a whopping 65,527 raw sustained DPS.)

Since GottFaust left the game, Which DPS calculator/chart is more reliable now?

GottFaust's charts factor in statuses I believe. 

I support damage buffs to both Braton Prime, and the Braton Vandal as well.

• 3 months later...

I seem to be the only one who thinks all the gun needs to be great is get that damage up to 30 and it's status up to 20% and that's ALL. With that alone, it would melt all factions with status procs with the new damage/status mods that are being released. Being able to constantly proc Corrosive and Slash on Greener is quite effective at even high levels. Same with shields and corpus. I don't even wanna image the carnage from the slash and gas combo for the lighter infested.

With the way things are going, DE seems to really be trying to push the Status effect of weapons forward and I say why not. But at least give us more choices for FULL AUTO status chances other than the Grakata (which is better off DPS in most cases anyway).