Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasions Need Some Work

Zerathos_Dagon

Invasions... The concept is good, and it fits nicely into the game from a lore point of view. However, it still needs some serious tweaking in my opinion.

Not only is it the breeding grounds of AFK'ers/Leechers, but it also has a few serious other problems.

Problem 1:

First of is the rewards. It's either a S#&$ty reward, or a reward that literally 9 out of the 10 Warframe players that just so happen to be online at that moment will flock towards like vultures. I'm guessing all of you can identify the rewards, am i right? Yep, it's the ONE orokin cell and its polar opposite the orokin catalyst. The orokin catalyst is fine like it is, since just one of them is very much welcome anytime, anywhere... But just ONE orokin cell? For FIVE missions? Nah, i'm sure almost nobody will take that.

My suggestion: Change the quantity of the 'lesser' rewards back to what it used to be. (3 Orokin cells, 50.000 credits, etc.)

Problem 2:

Then there is the majorly frustrating problem that ties in directly with problem one. The speed of which the invasions disappear. When the rewards are, for example, 1 orokin cell vs 25000 credits, then the invasion will hang there for almost an eternity, relying solely on the passive completion rate. But when the rewards are orokin catalyst vs anything else, then the invasion will disappear within LITERALLY an hour, preventing most players from even catching a glimpse of those delicious (and needed) catalysts. How is that in any way fair?!

My suggestion: Increase the rate of how fast the % bar passively goes towards completion, but significantly decrease the amount of % completion that comes when an invasion mission is completed by players.

Problem 3:

The AFK'ers... Ah those damn AFK'ers... They leech from the effort and good will from other people, and don't give one damn about it all. Sure, we can report them in a support ticket, but that can't be a permanent solution in my opinion. Sure, I'm not really positive about a vote-kick option, as DE stated themselves, but something else needs to implemented that stops these bastards.

My suggestion: Implement something like inactivity kicks the tenno automatically, or when you have below 5% damage output you get no rewards. I dunno, somethign along those lines, (I'm just throwing around random suggestions here).

Anyways, that's my 2 cents about this subject, but I sincerely hope that Invasions get some major tweaks soon, because although the concept of them is quite good on paper, they actually function pretty horribly right now.

What do the rest of you tenno think?

Edited by Zerathos_Dagon

My suggestion: Implement something like inactivity kicks the tenno automatically

an inactivity kick would be kinda nice... though it is easily avoided.

in the end, an inactivity kick would likely only hurt those with a legitimate reason for stepping away with every intent of coming back as soon as possible.

or when you have below 2% damage output you get no rewards

thats not really fair to anyone who is new to the game, those who join a late game, non power spamming frames or even the people who just flat out suck at the game.

you could have all your best gear on, ready and willing to tear into the enemy and have that one nova or rhino on the team that just steals all the kills leaving the rest of the team with nothing at all to show for any of it.

an inactivity kick would be kinda nice... though it is easily avoided.

in the end, an inactivity kick would likely only hurt those with a legitimate reason for stepping away with every intent of coming back as soon as possible.

thats not really fair to anyone who is new to the game, those who join a late game, non power spamming frames or even the people who just flat out suck at the game.

you could have all your best gear on, ready and willing to tear into the enemy and have that one nova or rhino on the team that just steals all the kills leaving the rest of the team with nothing at all to show for any of it.

Although I agree with your points, I would like to point out that 1. I was just throwing around random suggestions, I'm sure there are problems with them, and 2. There is more to this post than just those suggestions.

Anyway, thanks for replying, i'm glad to see that this is not just me.

Reduce all required runs to 3

Also, resource payments need bumps. 1 Orokin Cell for 5 runs is a farce when the same number can come out of a 20 minute survival (plus it's an instant reward, you don't have to wait for the invasion to end to get paid).

I agree with all your points here although alchemistjkt is right about those spitballed solutions probably not working.

I'm still not sure the reward balance can be fixed that easily but you're right it's a major problem. What I really like though is your suggestion for the longevity problem. Increasing the passive point decay rate while decreasing player point rate is a good idea.

Glad to see you tenno agree with me.

It's not even that I can't get to the catalyst, its more that I can't get to it because its gone too fast.

The last catalyst that the Grineer gave was literally gone within 45 minutes. I saw it pop up, and immediately finished the survival I was in and got to farming. Mission 1 of 5 done, the bar for corpus was already at 47%... Then I finished mission 2 of 5, and the corpus only had 38% left... Mission 3 of 5 done and the corpus got their &#! handed to them even more and had only 24% left. Damn that's going fast, but I only have 2 more missions left... Needless to say, when I completed mission 4, the corpus only had 1% left.

Yeah, I felt frustrated, but not because I didn't get a catalyst. I got angry because it was gone so fast that I couldn't get it even when I really wanted it.

Also, there was this guy in one of those missions that was leeching, and he straight up admitted to afk'ing and leeching when I said something about it in chat. He even told us to hurry up and kill the mobs already because he needed the catalyst... Yea, if its already to that point, you know something needs to be done. XD

Edited by Zerathos_Dagon

You say he was leeching while actually watching and chatting, not just AFKing? Thats harsh.

Report him, make a screenshot of the conversation and send it along, cause yes, this kind of stuff is not tolerated.

Most games have an AFK mechanic, do nothing for 5 or 10 minutes and you get a warning, then you're logged out. Sure, there are ways to deal with that, but it would probably take care of about half the leechers. If you're too lazy to play, you're probably also to lazy to bother with macros...

Something to measure "activity" would be best, though not based on the end-of-mission statistics or enemy proximity. Just yesterday i was in this rescue alert, where we had that one Nova racing ahead. Was already at the exit with over 90% damage done while the rest of the team was waiting for the lifts to come back. Never had so much fun in the game...

The main problem with the invasions isn't actually the grind, the mechanics or the timing.

Its the reward imbalance. That 25000/25000 invasion in Sedna is up for two days now. Those 25000/3 Fieldrons usually last about half a day.

35000/Catalyst during prime time was over before many could even complete the 5th run. (gee, i wonder which side won?)

The rewards need to be balanced, money/money, Cells/Neurodes, Injectors/Fieldrons, and when you're putting something like a Catalyst up, put a frelling Reactor or Forma on the other side! This way people have to actually make choices.