Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacker Warframe

G3rman

I have had this idea in my head for a while so I really wanted to leave it for conversation and possible feedback. I think as we expand on the interaction warframes can have with the world and the tech, having a warframe that excels at messing with electronics would be a cool idea.

Working Name: Hacker

Other Names: Minerva, Tech

Class: Utility Caster

Base stats:

Shields: 125 HP: 75

Description: With a special hacking suite built into the warframe, Hacker can get through any technical obstacle you can think of. Anything with code can be turned to your side and any disadvantage can be turned on its head.

Not all of these are the powers he would have, I just wanted to throw out a lot of possibilities.

Powers:

Stun Grenade: Target ability that will temporarily stun a group of enemies.

Surge: AOE. Shuts down all electronics in the area affected; alarms cannot be turned on, turrets don't activate, cameras are shut down. Temporary effect only.

Sentry Gun: Deploy a sentry gun that will fight enemies for a short time until it self-destructs, hurting enemies nearby.

Lockdown: Shutdown a doorway to enemy access, creating chokeholds or effective retreats. Tenno can walk through these doors, just not your enemies. Will wear off after a while.

Sabotage: Debuff that drastically lowers enemy accuracy by disorienting their aim software and armor servos.

Not sure if this one fits for a Hacker warframe, but it is a really cool power. Stygi has contributed it and even if it can't be adapted to Hacker, it should definitely be considered for future frames.

2) Portal - creates a portal with a visible working radius. You can create two and only two portals at all ranks. Create another portal in the working radius to link the portals. When an enemy or ally goes through one portal, he/she will be transported in an area of 2 meters around the other portal. The working radius of the portal increases with ranks. Creating a portal next to a wall or object will limit the areas in which the enemies will be transported to. Each portal costs 25 energy to create. Creating more than two portals causes the oldest portal to disappear.

Edited by G3rman

That's basically an upgraded Loki :)

Ash has the ability to use invisibility as well, that doesn't make him Loki.

Just because they are both Utility casters doesn't make them the same thing.

Saryn has a decoy, she isn't Loki.

Loki is a trickster, Hacker is defensive in nature. He does share some abilities but he makes them his own.

Actually this would be an boring warframe and honestly i dont see a point of making an hacker type warframe there's not much you can interact with

In your opinion, it's boring. Right now the game doesn't have a lot of interaction with the environment, but in the future? If suggesting a hacking warframe gets us closer to world interaction, then I will take the plunge.

Seems overpowered and underwhelming. Yes various warframs share similar abilities, but they are still their own things. The AoE is basically an overpowered Radial Disarm.

As far as envrinmental interaction is concerned the hacking system serves as an immersive, but quick solution to adding a futuristic feel. If gameplay was organized around hacking then the pace would entirely change and loss a large majority of the game's audience. Say the game were gear for this character about hack times etc. This would be the only frame to fill a very beneficial niche role.

As far as the sentry gun is concerned I would say something similar may work in the future, but as of now the main priority of the game is fast paced combat, HOWEVER in a defense mission it may be nice.

As far as the sentry gun is concerned I would say something similar may work in the future, but as of now the main priority of the game is fast paced combat, HOWEVER in a defense mission it may be nice.

Yes, the game is fast-paced. However, there are times when a large amount of enemies run at you and you have to stop and engage them, or if infested, get up on a crate. Defense missions are a great example. The turret gets set down very fast, shoots at enemies for a little bit and then self-destructs, no mess and no obligation to stay near it.

Changed Hack to be an AOE stun basically, I didn't like using radial disarm anyway.

Edited by G3rman

Saryn has a decoy, she isn't Loki.

Saryn is doing fine with her decoy since it draws aggro. Basically she's doing the loki's job in defend missions.

We have enough stealth.

Shield stealing is worthless in my opinion.

Nyx does the same thing by confusing and creating chaos.

and finally Hacking doesnt even suit the game and i doubt it'll ever. Move set is too boring

Saryn is doing fine with her decoy since it draws aggro. Basically she's doing the loki's job in defend missions.

We have enough stealth.

Shield stealing is worthless in my opinion.

Nyx does the same thing by confusing and creating chaos.

and finally Hacking doesnt even suit the game and i doubt it'll ever. Move set is too boring

Then the warframe isn't suited to your playstyle, but your argument is still flawed. Saryn doing another warframe's job? Sounds familiar.

Having warframes share abilities does not make it intrinsically bad, it just needs to work well with the build.

Stunning enemies doesn't fit the game? Well, that means we can remove a lot of stuff!

Edited by G3rman

Then the warframe isn't suited to your playstyle, but your argument is still flawed. Saryn doing another warframe's job? Sounds familiar.

Having warframes share abilities does not make it intrinsically bad, it just needs to work well with the build.

Stunning enemies don't fit the game? Well, that means we can remove a lot of stuff!

The problem is not the warframe being suited to someone's playstyle, but the warframe not being suited to the gameplay.

I don't think it fits either. You may not like our opinion on that, but please try to consider the feedback you're given isntead of being overly defensive about your personal ideas and opinions.

Giving feedback that it isn't a good idea isn't satisfactory, in my opinion.

A lot of these would work in the game, there is no doubt about it. Existing warframe abilities could be argued to not fit the game either, but they are there.

If you can improve the abilities and make them fit, then by all means leave feedback. If you can't actually say what the problem is, then I can't say I'm inclined to listen to you.

Okay then explain me what im missing here. What would this warframe give me in game.

Damage ? Nope.

Stealth? We have stealth already.

Stun? another copy of rhino stun( i dont see how an hacker can pull an AOE stun)

Hacking units to paralize and stun them? Sounds Familiar

The only interesting and usefull thing in that moveset is the turret.

And if you are not ready to get feedbacks on your idea dont even put it in here, since you actually dont want our opinions.

Okay then explain me what im missing here. What would this warframe give me in game.

Damage ? Nope.

Stealth? We have stealth already.

Stun? another copy of rhino stun( i dont see how an hacker can pull an AOE stun)

Hacking units to paralize and stun them? Sounds Familiar

The only interesting and usefull thing in that moveset is the turret.

And if you are not ready to get feedbacks on your idea dont even put it in here, since you actually dont want our opinions.

Utility caster; its purpose is to change up the battlefield to your advantage.

Stealth? The invis can be used to get crits, and shutting down turrets and cameras are great for any Corpus maps. Just because Banshee has silence doesn't mean stealth is taken care of, not by a long shot.

Stun? What if you don't have a Rhino on your team? If you have another warframe that fits the niche, why not? Don't have a Loki, use Saryn's decoy. Same argument, you are flawed here.

I'm ready for feedback, but literally all you have said in your posts so far is 'Useless to me, doesn't fit with how I play, not going to contribute anything else'. If you actually contribute to the abilities to make them fit better, by all means. I wouldn't even mind you hijacking them or suggesting a new power altogether, but you are not contributing anything here.

What is really funny is that if a player recommended the moveset for any of the developer made frames, they would be beat down into the ground by people similar to you. That isn't how warframes get into the game, by just saying the abilities are similar or do the same things.

I agree there is something missing with the warframe, but I'm not going to stop posting about my idea just because some people don't like it. I'm waiting for that one person to tell me what it needs, then we can start getting places.

Edited by G3rman

I am kinda late for party...

But what u think about wallhack powers, and why not, aimbot power, its future right? so why not have some aimbot functions for few seconds ?

aimbot can cost 100 enrgy and give some critical hit bonuses...

Edited by GCoda

Utility caster; its purpose is to change up the battlefield to your advantage.

We already have Loki and Nyx for just that purpose.

Stun? What if you don't have a Rhino on your team? If you have another warframe that fits the niche, why not? Don't have a Loki, use Saryn's decoy. Same argument, you are flawed here.

That argument doesn't work. If you don't have a Rhino on your team, bring a Rhino yourself. If you don't have a Loki, bring a Loki yourself. Just because we have overlapping abilities already, doesn't mean we need more of them, which would only negatively affect each Warframe's uniqueness.

I'm ready for feedback, but literally all you have said in your posts so far is 'Useless to me, doesn't fit with how I play, not going to contribute anything else'. If you actually contribute to the abilities to make them fit better, by all means. I wouldn't even mind you hijacking them or suggesting a new power altogether, but you are not contributing anything here.

What is really funny is that if a player recommended the moveset for any of the developer made frames, they would be beat down into the ground by people similar to you. That isn't how warframes get into the game, by just saying the abilities are similar or do the same things.

I agree there is something missing with the warframe, but I'm not going to stop posting about my idea just because some people don't like it. I'm waiting for that one person to tell me what it needs, then we can start getting places.

You don't seem to get the point of feedback. Feedback doesn't mean that people should do the work for you, it's for pointing out the flaws so YOU can improve your concept. All you do however is defend your concept with a passive aggressive stance of "So you think you can do it better, so do it." You say you're ready for our feedback, but you don't want it. You want to be praised for your great idea and everyone who doesn't like it is your enemy already. At least this is the impression you are giving here.

The concept of Lockdown would actually work in with warframe gameplay, just not if it is limited to doorways.

I agree that we don't need more invisibility unless it makes absolute sense to have the invisibility like in both cases with Loki and Ash.

Most of your suggested abilities are just OP or repetitive and illogical. Overload, that name is already taken and the ability hurts the submersive stealth style. Rhino ult is because Rhino is a tank with crowd control. It doesn't fit a hacker type warframe. Oh yea, Nyx has Mind Control as her defining trait so I think you need tweak that power as so not to screw over Nyx.

The turret is nice and would work with lockdown. Hacker could have more deception that leads to crowd control rather than straight-up aoe time stasis.

Edited by Stygi

That argument doesn't work. If you don't have a Rhino on your team, bring a Rhino yourself. If you don't have a Loki, bring a Loki yourself. Just because we have overlapping abilities already, doesn't mean we need more of them, which would only negatively affect each Warframe's uniqueness.

You don't seem to get the point of feedback. Feedback doesn't mean that people should do the work for you, it's for pointing out the flaws so YOU can improve your concept. All you do however is defend your concept with a passive aggressive stance of "So you think you can do it better, so do it." You say you're ready for our feedback, but you don't want it. You want to be praised for your great idea and everyone who doesn't like it is your enemy already. At least this is the impression you are giving here.

That.

As for your frame idea, the following.

my set of skills for a "hacker", which in my opinion would be more an ENGINEER frame would be:

- Sentry turret (Credit to G3rman)

- Lockdown (credit to Stygi)

- Land Mine (name says all)

- Stun Grenade (just like the seeker's one)

:D

We already had Excalibur, what was the point of making other combat frames? Variety, that's it.

Not everyone has every frame available. Spreading the love is important, expanding on abilities in new and unique ways though is even better.

You don't seem to get feedback either.

Let's bring up what you said here:

The problem is not the warframe being suited to someone's playstyle, but the warframe not being suited to the gameplay.

I don't think it fits either.

What does this actually add for me to be able to change? Nothing, you gave no kind of input that was helpful and you are defending people who have not offered helpful feedback. I'm not asking for people to do the work for me, I'm asking for people to work with me by offering new suggestions and actual feedback on what I have offered to improve it, which is what feedback is.

As of yet, not many have actually done that and instead are just trying to say the idea isn't satisfactory and should not be continued. I don't want to be praised at all, you are totally twisting my intent. I said at the start I left the idea here to be shaped and bettered by the community, but of course if you aren't going to contribute to it, I am going to at least defend what I have written here until you offer a better alternative.

You come across as very jaded and hypocritical to me.

As for your frame idea, the following.

my set of skills for a "hacker", which in my opinion would be more an ENGINEER frame would be:

- Sentry turret (Credit to G3rman)

- Lockdown (credit to Stygi)

- Land Mine (name says all)

- Stun Grenade (just like the seeker's one)

:D

Yeah, I definitely took influence from engineer and infiltrator classes from other games to create some of the skills here.

Steve said they are interested in doing something like a trapper warframe in the future, so I might want to steer clear of the mines as I feel like that may interfere. However, I like the idea of stunning enemies in some fashion so the grenade or perhaps a small, destructible little robot could be used.

The concept of Lockdown would actually work in with warframe gameplay, just not if it is limited to doorways.

I agree that we don't need more invisibility unless it makes absolute sense to have the invisibility like in both cases with Loki and Ash.

Most of your suggested abilities are just OP or repetitive and illogical. Overload, that name is already taken and the ability hurts the submersive stealth style. Rhino ult is because Rhino is a tank with crowd control. It doesn't fit a hacker type warframe. Oh yea, Nyx has Mind Control as her defining trait so I think you need tweak that power as so not to screw over Nyx.

The turret is nice and would work with lockdown. Hacker could have more deception that leads to crowd control rather than straight-up aoe time stasis.

So what are you implying Lockdown could also work with? Consoles?

You'll have to expand on the broad topic of deception before we can go further with a skill based around it.

Edited by G3rman

We already had Excalibur, what was the point of making other combat frames? Variety, that's it.

Not everyone has every frame available. Spreading the love is important, expanding on abilities in new and unique ways though is even better.

You need to think about the roles that each warframe takes on while being consistent to their lore/namesake/etc. You want a defensive/infiltrator type which will be difficult to balance out because those are opposite of each other. Some of the abilities you suggested are just carbon copies and you haven't specified an ult which is a very major part in a warframe(excluding Banshee and Loki, lololol)

Also, Excalibur is an all-rounder with emphasis on offense. Rhino is an offensive/cc tank. Ember is completely offensive with her DoT dps. Volt is an offensive frame with huge burst in his ult but sukish normal abilities... Nyx and Trinity are offensive support. Most warframes are offensive because offensive is the most desired trait, but they still have an intended role. So it's not just variety but an important part of diverse gameplay.

The moves were placeholder really anyway, and they were only there to spawn better ideas. A lot of the unique ideas I had were totally outlandish and OP, as is the usual.

I assumed that as a utility caster, Hacker would lean toward defense. That said, if it turns out his abilities as they come along imply he is meant to be offensive I don't really mind either way.

I haven't labeled an ultimate because it isn't clear which move, if any, are worthy to have it.

I added a debuff power possibility that messes with enemy accuracy. Considering how good they are at aiming, this ability might be pretty valuable in a room full of Grineer. Or on a defense mission when the enemies are focusing on the generator.

Edited by G3rman

+1

1) Beam Boi - creates a small orb that connects a laser with another orb. 2/3/4 orbs can be created per rank. Each orb costs 20 energy to create and have a limited range to be able to connect with another orb. Creating more than 4 orbs will cause the oldest orb to disappear. I ****ing herped derped and forgot the damage part. Enemies walking through the lasers immediately get their shields depleted and take 100 damage per sec no matter how many lasers touch that enemy.

2) Portal - creates a portal with a visible working radius. You can create two and only two portals at all ranks. Create another portal in the working radius to link the portals. When an enemy or ally goes through one portal, he/she will be transported in an area of 2 meters around the other portal. The working radius of the portal increases with ranks. Creating a portal next to a wall or object will limit the areas in which the enemies will be transported to. Each portal costs 25 energy to create. Creating more than two portals causes the oldest portal to disappear.

Not consistent with being a hacker, but since you had the turret idea, I'm sure you could work something out.

Edited by Stygi