Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Dragon Nikana (Now With A Little Math And Videos)

TheJiggliestPoo

Mastery Rank doesn't seem to mean much when it comes to how good a weapon is supposed to be. I don't see anyone calling the Embolist the best secondary weapon out there, despite being the first weapon to need Mastery Rank 8.

That's because Mastery Rank only matters when people want something to be good.  If they want it to suck, or its unpopular, they don't care what Mastery Rank it is.

This is why Mastery Rank shouldn't be the determining factor on what you can use, but only how many total weapon/frame slots your account is allowed to use.

What should determine your usage of a more powerful weapon is a 'total xp' amount.  That way, you can prove your a boss simply by running through the whole game with xcal, braton, lato, and skana.  You wouldn't have much inventory space for other weapons, but you'd be able to use any one of them once you've massed a certain amount of XP.

I really think trading platinum has opened up the heavily-restricted market in Warframe to the point where inventory slots are no longer generating much, if any, revenue.  I could be wrong though...it's not like I actually know where the majority of the platinum goes from purchases.

Edited by Thaumatos

ok to get it clear gimmi gimmi gimmi a dragon nikana with unlimited target hit that i can throw and has the base dmg of ogris cause my CLOSE COMBAT weapon dont work and have more risk  CAUSE I GET IN CLOSE COMBAT then my RANGE WEAPON cause that one uses RANGE.

oh and the base dmg isnt allready high enjoy? may learn to mod and ise the block option love to use my excal with my dragon nikana or slay em with nyx and slide over the map.

and finally pls dont forgett to boost the atkspd to 1,4 cause we all want to copter ultimate range /ogris dmg/ copter melee weapons whooooop

Edit: you just know Close combat cant be compared in anycase with range ones we dont talk about a normal mmo where your frame got a static class where he can only use close combat (sword & shield) or only range (bow magic etc)

Edited by HackShield

• 1 month later...

so far after testing for hours I finally understand the ups and downs of Crimson Dervish Darka prime vs DN TranquilCleave vs DN Decisive judgement using normal EEE combo(since crimson dervish only has 3x for the first 3 attacks)

Damage per Hit wise: Crimson wins of course while both Dragon nikana stance are equal and is approximately half of CrimsonDervish-DarkaP.

Damage per Second: For 1 full EEE plus one more E(start to start) crimson dervish rotation, DJ does 3 rotations while Tranquil does estimated 1 rotation plus 2 more EE; margin of error is +-1 E attack.

Mobility Wise(while running doing EEE): Decisive has no speed penalty followed by Tranquil with pausing attacks inbetween and lastly the Crimson Dervish who slows down almost completely BUT has (needs confirmation?) knockdown ressistance!

My personal opinion based on my observations(TL:DR): Decisive judgement on Dragon Nikana is by far superior overall. However, tranquil cleave's alternative combos(pause and hold version) should outweigh DJ in terms of DPS and slightly covers up the mobility loss from standard EEE. As for Crimson Dervish DP, I believe this is the new charge attack of Melee 2.0(sadly I only started playing a month ago; I never tried charge attacks :< )