Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dust Settled Spin-Off: Loki's Laughter. (Explicit Content Warning)

Ced23Ric

[size=6]TdS: Loki's Laughter.[/size]

[size=2]~ a spinoff from, or prequel to, the storyline "The Dust Settled". ~

tdsll.png

~ muscial company:

. ~[/size]

It was almost funny to him, how only when he was alone, he could truly find someone to talk to who understood him. His companion sat next to him, staring at the crate in front of them, as if all answers were therein. But there were only more questions for the Loki. He tried to avoid questions, they gave him headaches. Once in a while, when he was done with a mission, he could relax. When the adrenalin washed out of his system, he felt a short, precious moment of calm inside himself. It was as much reward as the rush before.

"I never asked how you find those Cryopods, you know? I mean, the Solar System isn't exactly small, nevertheless, they always come up with more, as if you only need to hold your finger in the metaphorical wind and follow the stream."

His company answered with silence, like a old friend used to his ramblings.

"Did you ever ask yourself? Where they come from? Why all those tests fail and why you can't make sense of it? It's intriguing, isn't it? I guess we need more of them, because times are tough. Rough, if you will."

He was not interupted. She had learnt not to.

The slender man rose from the floor and groaned, as he felt his cut and bruised back complain about the strain. His flesh had been shredded, where a volley from a shotgun had hit him from behind when his shields had collapsed. A broken-off arrow was firmly planted in his shoulder aswell - a task for the surgeons, most definately. But what he carried away from it didn't matter, his mission had been a complete success. He smiled, again. Fighting through the veil of pain, he dipped his index finger into a larger cut and looked at the thick, red glistening liquid.

"I think you need to ease up a little. You are so ... stern. Think of all the downtime both of us are going to enjoy." He muttered, smiling into the distance behind her. Stars flew by the viewport.

Then he turned around and, with the blood on his finger, drew a smile onto the blank and broken expression of her face, from ear to ear. He patted the shoulder of the woman, content with his handiwork. The other hand reached for the hilt of his sword, and he put his right foot against the shoulder of the Grineer in front of him. With a juicy, moist noise, he violently jerked the sword free. The female shook, awakening from her unconsciousness and shock only to have her gaze break away. A burst of blood followed the removal of his blade, splattering the floor in front of him and his legs.

"You see, when they told me in the briefing that you had a crackteam of commandos as your personal guards, I got really excited. You kind of still owe me a challenge. But it seems like you won't settle that bill, right?"

With a gentle gesture, he brushed over her distorted face, rubbed the blood from her lips and fell on a knee. With something between regret, sadness and wicked malice in equal parts in his eyes, he took off his faceplate. The Loki leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on the grey and rubbery lips of the dead Grineer. He tasted the coppery blood behind those lips, smelt the lubricants of her cybernetics and the burnt composite armour, where his phosphorous handgun rounds had pierced her torso protection.

"Assassination complete. Let's get the hell out of here, Tenno."

He grunted. Whenever his operator talked to him, it felt as if he was being ... disrespected. She was ruining the moment for him. With a snort of contempt, he cut through a few latches holding the armour together, ripped the chestplate off his victim and found the tiny pump that sent precious fluids into her body. He grabbed it with his right and janked it out of her chest cavity, flinging it behind himself without any regard of where it went. Green, sickly liquid seeped from the severed tubes. This one was beyond repair and beyond saving.

"You should know better, my precious little flower.", the Tenno muttered.

The Loki strolled over to one of the hydrogen containers and flipped it on the side, to roll it towards her. Placing the tank in her lap, he pulled on her arms until her lifeless body slumped over the red and orange containment device, then he walked off, towards the exit of the bridge. As the door opened to let him out, the assassin drew aim with his pistol and pulled the trigger, detonating the volatile substance.

"Grineer cannot be ereased by merely killing them.", he said. There was no response.

As the fire consumed her, he wondered why they called these women "Sisters".

Edited by Ced23Ric

At first, I had read the title of the story as Loki's Daughter, and became suspicious of the explicit content warning stated in the thread title. And then I read the title again, but this time it says Loki's Laughter and I'm somewhat relieved. The story was very touching, as if to reveal a bit of a darkside to the character who I'd have expected to be a protagonist of a battle scene or a main character of a cheery anecdote based on the title...

Surely, there's some hidden connection to the main TdS storyline that I don't realize (as I haven't read it... yet), but it's really good work! Not to mention, the prolific amount of writing you've done so far is astounding to somebody who can barely muster up a 500-word story. Reminds me of how I should get to reading all of these great fanfictions in the forum. d:

Keep up the good work, fellow Tenno. I'm counting on you.

Surely, there's some hidden connection to the main TdS storyline that I don't realize (as I haven't read it... yet)

Keep up the good work, fellow Tenno. I'm counting on you.

Oh, there is. I will use these Prequels and Spinoffs to give a peek behind the curtains, and if there is no apparent connection yet, it will come. Consider this a teaser, in Loki's case.