Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fan Story Sequel]The Abyss

_Absolom_

Link to part 1: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/96007-the-stalkers-story/

Nihlis finally woke up from his slumber. When he saw where he was, he reached for his weapons immediately-only to find shattered arrows and broken blades instead. He tossed them away, and started looking around him. How long has it been? A week? A month, perhaps?

Still confused about what to do, he sat down on his bed and tried to calm down. He looked at his hands.

"Looks like it finally happened, huh." He walked up to a mirror and took a quick look at his right shoulder, only to see his theory confirmed-the Lotus was gone. The emblem of his once beloved brethren has completely disappeared from his body.

His last connection to his past were his weapons now. The remains of his weapons, he corrected himself.

"Time to take care of it, then."

He called in his bodyguards to carry the chest with his armor and weapons. He decided to wear nothing more than an ordinary robe with a long cowl on his way to the Forge. He nodded to his guards to follow him, and left his shelter.

The first thing that struck his eye was the bright sunlight. It was as if he was blinded by it. He looked in the distance and silently cursed the sun, but kept on walking through the deserted, remote part of the Earthen Jungle.

On his way he came across other Grineer and some quadruped, brown-ish colored animals following them. Most of them were bulky and armored, and it looked like they had some combat training as well.

"So you even found our old pets now, have you, scum?" He shook his head and looked on his holo map to see if they were heading in the right direction. "Just a few more miles. Come on." His guards nodded simultaneously and got back into formation.

When they arrived at the Forge, it was dark already. Late in the night, every Grineer smith and armorer was already asleep, and the fires of the Forge were still burning bright. A guard walked up to him to authorize him, but when he saw the bodyguards' emblems, he just nodded silently and asked them to follow him downstairs.

The Forge was one massive closed area on Earth, fueled by the best and purest oils and gases. While above the surface you could see a few buildings and armories, the real deal was hidden below them.

"On the top level, on the surface, is where the most basic weaponry and armor are made," his guide said. "They're mostly used by our Lancers and Butchers, but some more advanced weapons are made as well, for example the-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Nihlis grabbed his throat and raised him to mid-air. "Shut it. I don't like your voice. You're here to show me to the Abyss level, not to chatter." With that said, he threw the guard a few meters away and continued walking. The guard stood up, apologized and got back on front to guide him. 

When they arrived at the elevator, the guardsmen stepped aside immediately and let them pass. They stepped into the elevator and the guide looked at the terminal.

"Where is it now...it's been centuries since it was used last...the button couldn't have disappeared like that now, could it? Ah, I remember now!" He pressed the button for level -6 three times, and a secret button appeared with a skull on it. "There we go...the Abyss level. If you don't mind sir, I won't be going down there. My skin isn't thick enough to withstand the heat and-"

BOOM.

The guide flew through the level, his blood spilling out of his throat. Nihlis cleaned his Reaper handle and put it back in the chest, then nodded to a guard to press the button. The doors closed and they started to fall at huge speeds. It was as if the elevator was out of control, but after what seemed like an eternity, the elevator slowly regained stability and eventually stopped. When the doors opened, they were immediately greeted by a harsh heat wave and gigantic flames. "So this is it, huh...the infamous forge of the Devil." His skin was burning, but he didn't mind. He didn't care at all anymore. He started walking towards the anvil standing there surrounded by fire and lava, and tools beyond imagination. "Now then...the time has come. Hey, you two. Put down the chest and you can leave."

They did exactly as ordered, and seemed to hurry to the elevator as if they couldn't stand the heat.

"Maggots."

Nihlis turned around and picked up his tools. He looked at each individual piece, his father's bow and his scythe, and even the remains of his old armor. He remembered the old missions, his ex-comrades and the Old Kingdom. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit.

Well, thanks for reading I guess. Not much of a large story, but I was really dry on ideas this time.

Edited by Soulswipe