Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are There Any Plans To Put Warframe On The Mac Platform?

OOG_BOOG

Now i dont personally use mac. I play warframe on my pc. But i do have some friends who own a mac thats more than powerfull enough to run warframe. I told them about the game and they seem interested. And at the time i had no clue that you could not get warframe on the mac. So i was just wondering if anyone has any information about the possibiity of warframe being thrown on the mac. Cheers.

They probably should consider getting some guys to work on OpenGL compatibility. Would be nice to have more Tenno.

Honestly, more platforms means more potential for profit and player interaction.

And as for the bootcamp idea, depends on how well Direct X can be simulated. Could be pretty well, or could be pretty bad, like my friend's experience with Skyrim.

And as for the bootcamp idea, depends on how well Direct X can be simulated. Could be pretty well, or could be pretty bad, like my friend's experience with Skyrim.

Bootcamp is not simulating anything about Windows (or DirectX); it simply runs Windows on top of Mac's hardware without any intermediatary layers except bootloader and a few other things. The problem with your friend's Skyrim is its driver compatiblity, since its driver were different than the original for Windows, thus could resulted in lower performance.

Edited by Athros

Bootcamp is not simulating anything about Windows (or DirectX); it simply runs Windows on top of Mac's hardware without any intermediatary layers except bootloader and a few other things. The problem with your friend's Skyrim is its driver compatiblity, since its driver were different than the original for Windows, thus could resulted in lower performance.

Just to be clear, it didn't result in lowered performance. After a while, it crashed and there was really no saving it at that point save for a fresh reinstall/tinkering for compatibility.

Just to be clear, it didn't result in lowered performance. After a while, it crashed and there was really no saving it at that point save for a fresh reinstall/tinkering for compatibility.

It could, but not always the case. Since the drivers that released for Bootcamp Windows are passed through Apple's strict criteria (and compiled as package update), it's not always the best for your system since Apple's much more preferred compatibility and stability.

Games. Mac. Choose one.

Naaaah, Games for Mac is already quite a number, although not as many as Windows'.

Edited by Athros