Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event/infested Megathread Feedback

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

With the new event I got to play the infested more and I decided to put everything that needed to be changed into one big thread because why not :)

(writing this as I'm playing so will possibly edit)

Event

Let's start with the event itself. I love it! The objective is simple yet I found it quite fun searching for those tumors as the infested kept rushing us and we were kept under pressure. This has been one of the more creative events on top with the Cicero event (the final objective was great on that one too) and the invasion system.

The changing difficulty really helped keep up the play so it's not "been there done that" without need to play again. That said, it can get repetitive, I do not play for my clan but I can see why it would get boring quickly, it is practically a  grind, something DE should've avoided. With the difficulty another thing that should've changed is not just the health but the amount of enemies spawning.

The best points -to- reward system. It is a pain getting 48 or above for the Prova Vandal, simply because there is no guarantee that those with me will push up the difficulty enough or pull it down. I also feel like the "total" points is wasted because it won't help me at all. The "total" points should've also exchanged for something at high marks (eg. 750 for a pack of oxium?) just so it is a token system in the end and people will keep playing the event until it ends.

The rewards themselves are mediocre. Sorry to say, but the work required for the Prova Vandal doesn't seem right as it is a recycled weapon. I think it should've been placed at 32 points with 48 being for a secondary, a primary or even some Obex Vandal. I understand why they wanted to push it out, no point in keeping it in the vaults.

DE you did great with showing the objectives and telling us what to do, the forum post was initially confusing but once I got into playing it everything became clear so kudos to you, all in all the event is not the best but not the worst, I enjoyed it :)

Infested

Let's face it, the infested are awesome because they are stupid, they rush in heads first into our weapons. Now, I love the variety between these enemies with the leechers, the slowers and so on; however, we have a problem with the Eximus (energy leechers).

The problem with them lies at high level, you don't even know where they are and your energy is already gone and you're pretty much screwed, that shouldn't happen in a game where most frames are dependent on that energy late game. Here is how we fix it, it won't just leech your energy leaving you wandering what the hell is going on. Instead what it will do, it will send a red flux into you and from you a blue flux goes towards him taking 10% of energy. This flux travels relatively fast but not fast enough to empty you in a few seconds and not slow enough for him to be useless. This new mechanic will also show his position so you know where he is, should apply to all aura energy leechers.

The second problem are the Ancient Disruptors. Their hits at high level are just too game-ending, one tiny mistake and 80 waves of defense are gone, wasted. I found that it is quite random how they take energy and shield and may not be entirely on first hit but we still have the problem of no error-margin and for this game that shouldn't be the case. 

What it should do instead is this,

Below level 35: 1 hit normal->1 hit normal->1 hit takes shield->1 hit takes energy

Above level 35: 1 hitnormal->1 hit takes shield->1 hit takes energy

Of course stacking with each other, so if you're surrounded by these ancients, that's on you.

Level Design and Environment

Almost perfect. Great tiles, really awesome combination of new ones and old ones. I won't go into detail about how great they are but I will point out things that should be looked at. I am assuming there are more tiles to be seen with more game modes too once they get released after the event, am I right?

Coordination

The first problem I came across is getting lost in this labyrinth. I have gotten used to it after a few plays but initially the waypoint system was either holding my hand, or throwing a stick in a forest  and telling me to find it. Definitely something to look at here, have options as to how helpful you want it and to turn off at all showing only position of objective.

Clean VS Infested

Some tiles are perfectly clean in between the infested ones, these should be changed to include some tiny bit of infested clutter at least, just to make it more natural and look less out of place.

Gore

Come on, you know you love it. The game is rated T M because of the gore, please DE deliver. Some blood some intestines on the wall. How about you walk into a room and you see a corpus' tech head explode and transform into a leaper or something. Take inspiration from the Alien series, they had great amount of gore, just right before it turns weird.

Large levels

We did see some rather large tiles however they were always closed off by you being stuck on stairs or the infested bits. Now, the current ones don't need to be changed but we would love to see some very large maps (like the Corpus hangars).

Dangers

I love the fact that there are these environmental dangers on the new tile sets, but they can be improved.

Toxic cloud

The toxic cloud is great however sometimes it is hard to tell where it's boundaries are, so for that please increase the radius of the effect whilst decreasing the opacity of the cloud so you can actually see a little better past it. All in all, greatly done.

Magnetic cloud

I'm still not fully sure of its mechanics yet, one time everything gone, another just shield going down slowly. However, here is what I think it should do. you walk into it and your shield starts going down slowly, with a 1 second delay to the following effect, for 3 seconds there is a sound build-up (signalling you to GTFO of there) and on the fourth second a glass shattering sound plays and your energy/shield/buffs (eg. Iron Skin) are gone. Makes them a little more dangerous and exciting.

Additional suggestions

Enemy spawns

In Natural Selection 2, the infested have these "portals" that they can travel through around the map, humans can use it too but they get damaged. My suggestion is that we get similar portals but only used for enemy spawn, this way we will have a variety of ways of where they can appear instead of just different rooms.

Resource drops

Please x 9999999 make neural sensors drop from these tile sets and possibly orokin cells or neurodes.

Clutter

It was interesting seeing the corpus people stuck in ground and such. Can we have more of this?

Also, assuming rumours are true about an Infested Alad boss (or maybe J3 Golem), but on his tiles could we have remains of other frames ripped apart on the ground? Would make some cool atmosphere.

What do you guys think? Anything to add?

Edited by noveltyhero