Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Tek, The Mechanic Warframe (Turret Spawner!)

(PSN)defconbacon

TEK

Sex: Female, probably

Role: static/CC -- Buffer

How it looks:

Tek is a mechanic-themed warframe, skilled in repairing equipment and dealing with robotic components. She has a tek-nological look, maybe a bit steampunk-ish, a slender shape. Droid-like parts are a must:
a prosthetic leg and/or arm, as if the original warframe lost her own in battle and replaced them with robotic parts she built for herself. I thought of her story somehow related to the grineer the way Valkyr is related to the Corpus, it would be nice to have a counterpart to the Berserk warframe. 

And now, the ABILITIES:

1) Mechanic - Heals all sentinels and turrets (see below). Slightly increases range of attack, damage and RoF of sentinels and turrets, also reducing the CD time of the sentinels' abilities. It's an AoE, timed ability. Doesn't revive dead sentinels. It also replenishes the turrets' ammo (again, see below!)

2) Thumper - Spawns a turret that works exactly like the boom boom death orb in the void, creating a ragdolling AoE on the ground once every few seconds. This turret has very low armor and will need to be protected, it will have low aggro though. Timed ability, has a cap limit of 2. Exceeding the limit will replace the oldest turret.

3) Tech Aid - Nanomechanics swarm from your warframe to your companions, slightly affecting movement speed, augmenting shields and health max cap, and giving them a rate of shield and health regeneration. This buff might sound a bit OP, but it is meant to just slightly increase all of these stats, providing just a bit more of survivability to the team.

Another idea was to implement this skill by giving a chance of electrical or explosive proc on enemies in the nearbies, sort of retribution-like buff.

4) Land Support - Spawns a static sentry turret armed with two modified (railgun-like?) bratons that shoots every enemy in its sight. There is a cap limit of 3 turrets spawned simultaneously. Similar to Zephyr's tornado, shooting the turret will change the damage it deals to the kind of elemental damage your weapon deals. The turrets can be attached to any static, flat part of the ambient (floor, walls, ceiling). Tek shoots the turret right where it aims (if it's a viable place for spawning a turret), and the turret will mount itself in half a second before starting the carnage. The turret has significant (not too significant) armor and no timer, it simply runs out of bullets (affected by power duration) or will dismount itself if a new turret is spawned exceeding the cap limit. 
A key feature of the sentry turrets is the high proc chance. To make Tek a viable warframe for high level missions, instead of giving the turrets OP amounts of damage i think it would be better to give them the possibility to stun lock enemies with explosive damage, or help the team dealing magnetic damage to corpus, and so on. I am still thinking if giving the turrets innate piercing would be OP.

Talking about STATS,

I imagine Tek being somewhere between the average armored warframe and the squishy ones, with a decent amount of power and same as Mag's health and shields. 

Her movement speed would be somewhere between the average warframe and the slow ones.

A few thoughts about Tek: 

The first thing one might think is hey, this is Vauban's little sister. 

I loved the idea of creating a warframe that could deal with static defenses just like Vauban does, but as Vauban excels against Infested, i wanted something that could excel against ranged enemies and somehow be also useful in non-static missions. The buffer/CC mix looked ideal to me.

I wish i had the skills to visually represent my ideas for this warframe.. Don't just think of a steampunk warframe, that would be too different compared to the other warframe designs, but imagine Tek to be somehow armored, with cables going in and out of her body, and most of all, asymmetrical. She is not a sex bomb like Saryn, she is the seasoned, cold mechanic who lost an arm and a leg because of the Grineer, and doesn't want the same to happen to her companions.

I think the turret theme would be a great idea for the game, I imagine a defense where high-level corpus are slowly getting closer to the pod and a team starts to feel some pressure, and then Tek shows up, spawning a thumper near the pod, buffing her allies, spawning sentries and buffing the rate of fire of both sentries and sentinels, and all you can see is a mayhem of bullets and laser beams while the tennos succeed in decimating the enemy forces round after round.

Please let me know what you think, this is my first thread ever! 

J.

Not sure if in this particular shape but I wouldn't mind seeing an engineer like Tenno ;-)

We have an engineer tenno, that's Vauban, I wanted to try something a bit different.

OfcrBlO.png

seems to be fun,

but pls make a shorter version - tl;dr

I am quite new to the forum (not to the game though), plus I'm not writing in my mother language, as I'm italian.. Hopefully I'll improve my synthetic skills in the future : )

Not bad for a Vauban female counterpart. I just think that the first power is very situational imo.

Anyone willing to make a fan concept drawing based on this? (besides me)

Thanks fellow tenno, I appreciate. The first power is indeed situational, I'll think of something. I'd love to see someone's art on my ideas, wow- hope to see that happen sooner or later. Thanks for the feedback!