Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling For Light Weapons, Charge Attacks For Heavy Weapons

Pbrandon1

With Melee 2.0, it brought us the beginnings of a greater or everything for the light weapons and the endings of most Heavy Weapons. (Rip Galatine(Even though you were OP to max) and Gram(Dear god..you were decent but now...I don't even know anymore...just..dang))

So, to be able to revive them to the grave, I thought, maybe we should make Heavy Weapons have Charge Attacks and Light Weapons have Channeling. 

Now, with this idea, we already have problems, number one being, will this make combos for stances useless as all you have to do is hold down a button and rekt everyone in-sight.

Yes, but to counter-act that, all you have to do is increase how much Stamina is taken during a charge attack and increase base damage so that it is still viable to use those attacks.(A reduce in charge attack may be needed to fit the base damage increase)

Light Weapons would still be able to keep channeling damage but probably need a decrease on Stamina consumed when attacking.

With this, we have two paths.

Heavy Weapons= Heavy Damage In One Second but must watch Stamina.

Light Weapons= Damage Per Second but Manage Energy.(If you use it)

This idea is still rough..may probably be terrible, tell me what you think?

Seemed the only reasonable way to bring it back to me.

Edited by Pbrandon1

for me no need to modify stamina consume by charged atack they should just stay at what they were ,and melee 2.0 should be just an add and buff for light and weapont but heavy wont change not beeing killed like now

So far the issue with bringing charge attacks with in any thread is that they'll make pretty much every combo they get applied to absolutely useless if brought back in a satisfactory and useful(often associated with one another) manner. And I've still yet to see a balanced revival for heavy weapons that doesn't amount to them becoming the only thing worth using(again).

The main issue with the "Bring charged attacks back as heavy attacks", "Make them consume a bunch of stamina", etc. is that stamina doesn't really mean anything to the melee system outside of "Oh golly gee I can't block anymore, what an absolute shame. *Proceeds onward to helicopter Orthos into a crowd with a 2.5x+ multiplier anyways*"(or whichever melee you prefer)

That said, so far that I've seen there's no way to bring back charge attacks and not have them destroy the combo system, at this point we're left at just giving them a flat stat boost of some kind.

+1 for effort though

Edited by KamijoTouma

So far the issue with bringing charge attacks with in any thread is that they'll make pretty much every combo they get applied to absolutely useless if brought back in a satisfactory and useful(often associated with one another) manner. And I've still yet to see a balanced revival for heavy weapons that doesn't amount to them becoming the only thing worth using(again).

The main issue with the "Bring charged attacks back as heavy attacks", "Make them consume a bunch of stamina", etc. is that stamina doesn't really mean anything to the melee system outside of "Oh golly gee I can't block anymore, what an absolute shame. *Proceeds onward to helicopter Orthos into a crowd with a 2.5x+ multiplier anyways*"(or whichever melee you prefer)

That said, so far that I've seen there's no way to bring back charge attacks and not have them destroy the combo system, at this point we're left at just giving them a flat stat boost of some kind.

+1 for effort though

Most of the problem stems from that some of the base damage for heavy weapons aren't that great and the only good way to use it is channel or previously charge attack.(Galatine and Gram are good examples of base damage being bad but Charge makes up for it...well used to.)

Other problem is...some combos aren't that great from what I heard, so probably only way is to increase base damage and fix up some of the animations and add some stamina depletion so people consider not spamming charge for days.

Edited by Pbrandon1

+1

Edited by DarkxZero