Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Building Stuff In Dojo More User Friendly

zelgaris

Everybody is talking about how the new ship UI sucks or how immersive as is typical after each update. What I found more important is, that new stuff and new changes divert attention from old broken/badly implemented UI and design decisions.

So let's focus on Dojo this time and what could be improved to make the usage of Dojo less painful.

In case you, Mr. UI designer at DE, are reading it and want more complex feedback, write me a message ;)

1) Access to Foundry/Market in Dojo

Let's start with example, which happened when I started typing this down.

I entered our clan Dojo to check the progress on a room to find out it is already built, so I decided to start new room and immediately contributed what I had. Only then I found that the one Forma I need for the room is still in my foundry and unclaimed.

What would I expect to be able to do is to hit ESC, access foundry from Dojo, claim the Forma, escape the menu/foundry and then use it to contribute to construction.

However, what I have to do is exit the dojo, visit foundry, claim the Forma, go to navigation, reenter the Dojo and then contribute the Forma to construction.

Same issue is with the Market. Let's say I don't have the forma and I have to purchase it for platinum (because I can :)). Once again I have to go back to ship, enter the market, purchase the forma, go back to Dojo and then I can contribute.

What would be way better and user friendly was if I can as well access Market from the Dojo (i.e. without need to leave to the ship).

Access to Market and Foundry doesn't even have to be done just by ESC menu, but could be handled through the terminal, which is in every single room (if there is need for this "immersion" thing...).

2) Always visible Credit/Platinum Balance in Dojo and Access to Inventory

I am really wondering why this wasn't addressed yet and whether people really don't care about UI bs like this. Lot of people have so much credits they don't care about this balance, but for us, who are not playing x hours a day, we have to manage our credits. Also it's a basic user interface feature...

Let's say I want to purchase (i.e. replicate) some blueprints in one of labs. Let's see Tenno Lab and purchase recently researched Venka blueprint. We can see it's 15 000 credits, but as was said, we don't see our balance there or like anywhere in the Dojo, although there are some ways to find out (through contribution screens and when hitting ESC to access menu and then hitting ESC to hide it it is possible to see the balance in top left corner for few milliseconds), but checking our balance account shouldn't be that complicated and should be straightforward and easy.

Dear Mr. UI designer, how about respecting some obvious standards and rules i.e. if it is possible to purchase something, ALWAYS SHOW US OUR CREDIT/PLATINUM BALANCE in the same screen/popup.

But since this is not the case in Dojo, let's hit replicate button to see what happens.

Insufficient credits for VENKA RESEARCH BLUEPRINT. Just that, there is not even any information about how much credits I have

Oh, what now?

What I would expect would be to hit ESC (or access any terminal), open my Inventory, sell some blueprints and stuff I have to gather necessary credits and then buy the purchase without the need to leave dojo.

What I have to do instead is to leave dojo, hit ESC, Equipment, Inventory (because we can't access Inventory in other way) and sell some stuff to get some credits in case we don't want to go on mission. Random fact, credit balance is missing in inventory screen as well.

So let's modify the above mentioned rule to if it is possible to purchase/sell something, ALWAYS SHOW US OUR CREDIT/PLATINUM BALANCE in the same screen/popup.

This is some basic S#&$, seriously.

So after I have enough credits, I go back to navigation, Dojo, to the lab (because for some reason the game didn't returned me to the lab but somewhere else in the Dojo) and then replicate the blueprint.

And now I have no idea, how much credits I have left, because I still can't see them anywhere there, but at least I have the blueprint and I can see in the Research screen, that I have one.

But what if I have really bad memory and I forgot I already constructed Venka before...

3) Show us, whether we own the item/weapon/warframe/whatever in Dojo research labs

This is yet another obvious thing but still not addressed.

It's great we can see how many particular blueprints we have purchased (especially useful with stuff like Mutagen Mass blueprints), but we can't see whether we actually have the final item from the Blueprint.

This can lead to accidentally spent credits, because UI designer decided we don't need to know, whether we actually have the final item built. This becomes issue with ever growing arsenal of weapons and since we can't actually access Inventory in the Dojo to check what weapons we have. This leads to lengthy jumping between dojo and ship to find basic stuff out.

(The same problem is in market, where we can see, whether we have the weapon or the blueprint, but if we only have the weapon and not the blueprint, there is no useful information in the market - several times I purchased the blueprints only to find out I already have the weapons I thought I didn't have).

As I mentioned it is good to know how many blueprints of Mutagen Mass BLUEPRINTS we have. but again we don't know in Dojo, how many Mutagen Mass we have.

So basically what we need is something like this - first number tells us, how many blueprints we have and second number tells us, how many final products we have (see the Mutagen Mass slot).

dojo-research-amount.jpg

4) Still no Tags in Dojo Minimap and Room Texts Inconsistent

I built our dojo, so I know, where I built what, however even I sometimes got lost there, because for some reason, we can build great rooms, use energies, download maps of enemy locations with targets, even when they are moving, but we can't do this simple thing in our very own Dojo....

dojo-minimap.jpg

Also notice, when in Dojo, that while Orokin Lab, Bio Lab, Tenno Lab and Oracle show the name of the room under the minimap (top left corner), Energy and Chem Lab shows "Allows for chemically/energy focused research projects." instead.

• 3 months later...