Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super Lephantis Rework (For Those Players Who Want The Challenge Similar From The Level 80 Lephantis)

Renegade343

Hello all,

This thread will detail a suggestion to bring back the Super Lephantis (the level 80 one), but in a more challenging and engaging way than just having it being a bullet sponge and one (or a few) hit bruiser, satisfying the players who like the challenge provided by the level 80 Lephantis while satisfying the players who feel bullet sponges to create difficultly is not the way to go. The content is below: 

When crafting the ODA key and using it, players will have a pop-up screen asking whether they want to do the normal version or the Super version of Lephantis, to provide a choice. Once players select the Super version button, then they will now have to fight Infested enemies ranging from levels 35-40 until they reach the Lephantis boss room. The first phase of the fight will be exactly the same as the normal version, except the heads are now levels 50-55, meaning attack damage and health has now been increased (the Infested enemy levels stay the same). Its body can now take damage, but with a 95% damage reduction (minimum of 1 damage), while its mouths will have a 20% damage reduction. 

Once the first phase of the fight is done, then the second phase will be the kicker: Fight the Lephantis again, but this time with more things to be aware of.

The second phase will be in the same room as the normal version of phase two, but with the absence of electrified water. Instead, the Super version will have hives dotted around the walls of the room where the Infested can spawn in and jump down to attack the players, meaning situational awareness will be of more value here. The players can shoot them down (warning: Hives have high pure hitpoint values) to disable the hives for ten seconds. The floor will also periodically puff out a small vertical trail of green gas for a few seconds, before hissing out a vertical toxic gas stream (radius = 1.5m) that will deal little Toxic damage over time, with no Toxic status effects from it. The Lephantis boss itself will still be level 50-55. Its body can now take damage, but with a 95% damage reduction (minimum of 1 damage), while its mouths will have a 20% damage reduction. 

Infested Corpus head: 

The Infested Corpus head will still spew Infested Spawn pods to spawn multiple Infested on the ground, but will lose the ability to spit poison grenades. However, it can now create a sniper-like appendage from its mouth, and uses it to target and shoot the player (will have extremely high Toxic damage with projectile velocity of 150 m/s) (player will be notified by a small Infested signal on the HUD) (when ready to shoot, the Corpus head will rear back a bit, as though charging, then shoot the projectile [animation time: 1.25s]. The mouth will be open for players to attack it.

If the projectile hits the floor instead of the targeted player, then it will spawn a Toxic cloud around the centre of the projectile (radius = 2.5m) that will deal Toxic damage per second when the players stand in the cloud and have a 10% of dealing a Toxic status effect. If it hits the player, then there is a 25% of dealing a Toxic status effect on the player.

Infested Ancient head: 

The Infested Ancient head will now have a new attack alongside the Spore Bombs. The new attack is where it has an animation where it starts to do a gurgling action (raising head) (animation time = 0.75s), then spit out a bright green-red corrosive ball of fluid towards a targeted player, which will be affected by gravity and fall onto the ground in a parabolic arc. The mouth will be open for players to attack it. 

Once it hits the floor, it will leave a pool of corrosive fluids (which would still have the same colour) (radius = 4.5m) where it will deal high Corrosive damage per second if players stand on it, and will have a 15% chance of dealing a Corrosive status effect. The pool will linger for twelve seconds, and the Infested Ancient can only shoot a maximum of three corrosive balls of fluid (meaning it can create a maximum of three pools of corrosive fluids) before waiting for one pool to disappear, then it can shoot again.

Infested Grineer head: 

The Infested Grineer head will now have two new attacks alongside the scythe swipe. The first new attack is where it raises its scythe in the air (different to the scythe swipe starting animation), then slam it down into the ground with lots of force (animation time = 1.75s), causing a 10m radius knockdown on any players who is not in the air. The force will also spew out bone-grey shards (number of shards spawning is between 15 to 20) that will land randomly anywhere on the map, which will explode after two seconds of landing on a surface and create a small gas cloud (a brightish orange colour) (radius = 1.5m) that will deal little to moderate Gas damage per second on any player standing in the cloud and will have a 5% of dealing a Gas status effect.

The Infested Grineer head will also have a new attack where it will also do a gargling animation, with brightish orange gas leaking out of the mouth, then lower its head and spray its gas in a 120˚ arc anywhere (animation time = 1.5s), but in the general area of a targeted player or a group, while opening its mouth to attacks. The gas arc will spawn 0.1m from the Infested Grineer head's mouth and will have a 3.5m wide gas arc. The gas arc will deal moderate Gas damage per second on any player standing in the gas arc, and will have a 10% of dealing a Gas status effect.

(Optional) The heads can also combine (only two heads can combine at a time), granting it more attacks and higher health (health = sum of the health of the two combined heads. When split, each head will have 50-50 of the combined health). The heads will combine and split at random intervals, providing a bit of uncertainty for players. The combinations and their attacks are below: 

Ancient-Grineer (will be a Infested Grineer head, but slightly longer, and with an Orokin crown behind it): 

In conjunction to both heads' attacks, it now has two combined attacks, which will also be used at random. 

The first combined attack is spewing Spore Shard bombs (groups of two per shot with spread, four shots in succession) (Spore Shard bombs will be the normal Spore bomb appearance, with spikes attached to it and have a brightish orange gas puffing out of it) (will have a bit of the gas leaking from the general area of the head, unlike the Infested Grineer gas arc). The Spore Shard bombs will act like the normal Spore bombs, but will explode two seconds after it has hit the ground. When exploded, the Spore Shard bombs will generate a gas cloud (radius = 2m) and will deal little to moderate Gas damage over time when players stand in the cloud, and have a 12.5% of dealing Gas status effects. Six to eight shards will also shoot out when a Spore Shard bomb explodes (projectile velocity of 125 m/s with a brightish orange trail), which will deal moderate Gas damage to a player when hit, but with 0% of dealing Gas status effects.

The second combined attack is making the scythe glow green-red (as though charging up), then doing the scythe swipe. However, the furrowed ground behind the scythe will now have a large trail of corrosive fluids (same colour as the scythe glow), which will deal moderate Corrosive damage over time, and with a 25% of dealing Corrosive status effects. The trail will dissipate after ten seconds, in which the combination will not do the Corrosive scythe swipe again until the trail is gone.

Ancient-Corpus (will be a mixture of the Infested Corpus and Ancient head, with the Orokin crown behind it):

In conjunction to both heads' attacks, it now has two combined attacks, which will also be used at random. 

The first combined attack is spewing special Infested pods (will have green gas surrounding it), where it will spawn a Toxic Ancient with one to two normal Infested (Leapers and Chargers) every now and then, but will attempt to target the general area of the targeted player or the group if clustered together. 

The second combined attack is charging up (animation time: 1.0s) and emitting a quickly expanding pulse (velocity = 175 m/s). If it hits the player, then he/she will have lowered resistance to all Toxic and Toxic combination damage (Gas, Corrosive etc.) for eight seconds (will highlight the player in a greenish aura when the player is affected), making its attacks more effective. This pulse can be avoided by jumping.

Corpus-Grineer (will be a hybrid between the Corpus and Grineer head): 

In conjunction to both head's attacks, it now has two combined attacks, which will also be used at random.

The first combined attack is spewing special Infested pods (will have visible pulsing lines throughout the pod), where it will spawn an Ancient Healer and three to four normal Infested (Chargers and Leapers).

The second combined attack is spewing special Infested pods (will have a crackling aura [i.e. akin to a Disruption aura] surrounding the pod), where it will spawn an Ancient Disruptor and three to four normal Infested (Chargers and Leapers).

The body itself will have a healing attack (initiated at random), where it will start to glow blue and make a blue link with between 6-8 normal Infested (Chargers and Leapers that are linked will have the same blue glow surrounding them) (animation time = 0.75s). After four seconds, it will instantly drain all the life out of the linked normal Infested (i.e.: killing them), and will heal between 15%-20% of its maximum health (when it drains the life out of all the linked Infested). Players can kill the linked Infested to reduce its healing power, and killing all of them will stop it from healing (since there is no life to be drained for the Super Lephantis). This attack will have a forty second cool-down after the last said attack. 

Once the Super Lephantis is defeated, players will be rewarded parts and blueprints for a new Infested sniper rifle (alongside the mods and resources) (like how boss weapons are rewarded, but with a bit of checks to ensure that the gun can be obtained in a reasonable and satisfiable timeframe) at the end of the mission. The Infested sniper rifle stats are below:  

Damage: 80 Toxic

Weapon type: Sniper

Weapon slot: Primary

Trigger type: Automatic

Projectile speed: 225 m/s

Accuracy: 10

Fire rate: 8 rounds per second

Reload time: 2.75s

Magazine size: 6 rounds

Critical chance: 10%

Critical damage: 200%

Status chance: 15.0%

Polarities: One Dash

The parts required to craft the Infested sniper: 

One Infested sniper blueprint

One Infested sniper sights

One Infested sniper neural link

One Infested sniper converter

25 Mutagen Samples

2 Orokin Cells

24,000 Credits

24 Hours

Rush time: 50 Platinum

Codex Blurb for the Infested sniper: 

This sniper was a Snipetron in the hands of a revered Separatist Corpus sniper in the waning days of the First Corpus Civil War until he was consumed by the Infested after a doomed evacuation procedure. Over time, this Snipetron was changed mechanically by the Infestation, turning from a bullet-based sniper into a toxic damage dealing, fully automatic sniper, with some help from the knowledge of the now Infested Corpus sniper, who has since been melded with the monstrosity known as the Lephantis. 

With this rework of the Super Lephantis from the level 80 Lephantis, I hope to make the more difficult version of the Lephantis provide a balance between being a bullet sponge and providing actual challenge to players who want it. 

Please take the time to read this thread, and give constructive feedback and criticism. 

Renegade343

To see my other threads, please go to my profile.

Edited by Renegade343

Yes, please buff Lephantis

That is for the "end-game" Lephantis, not the normal version. 

Both the "end-game" and normal Lephantis can be accessed with the ODA key, with this thread detailing how to make the "end-game" Lephantis actually fun to play with. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like this idea for lephantis, not sure how I feel about the heads combining though. One question I have is would the bone shards from the grineer head have some notification of where they are after they land.

On the sniper rifle, I'm curious instead of it being an automatic what if, the sniper used the same mechanic as the angstrum however when you hold

the trigger you will see a group of 5 marks that show how many shots you will be using,this way players can charge a shot (at the cost of more

ammo), also instead of using ammo drops it could instead 'recharge' its clip over time. ex. you shoot 5 shots and kill 5 enemies, wait for a second or

two for you clip 'regain' its lost ammo then you continue down a hallway and notice a heavy you hold the trigger till you hit the first mark and shoot

the equivalent of two shots at him.

a bit of a rough idea but i thought it would be interesting since the sniper has been mutated per-say by lephantis

Contents from post #12.

The head combination is meant to provide a bit of dynamism and unpredictability to the Super Lephantis fight, meaning players will have to always be on the ball to react to any sudden changes. It also allows the Super Lephantis to be a bit 'smarter' if it combines two heads with one of them having low health so that all heads can still survive. 

The reason why I chose the sniper rifle for the Lephantis to be automatic is because there are no snipers in Warframe that are automatic. While it may not be realistic, I wanted to bring something new with the sniper rifle family. The charged shot mechanic is already used by the Lanka, but your core mechanic for a weapon is rather interesting. I will take your idea into consideration when I start to think of a new weapon. 

Thanks for responding, and the only problem i see with an automatic sniper rifle is that sniper rifles are supposed to be one-shot,

one-kill weapons and assuming it lives up to that role the automatic function would not be necessary and possibly a

hindrance(with overkill and wasted shots). though to be honest i would have to try it out and see how it feels to tell if it would work

or not.   

Edited by Leprechaunator69

Thanks for responding, and the only problem i see with an automatic sniper rifle is that sniper rifles are supposed to be one-shot, one-kill weapons and

assuming it lives up to that role the automatic function would not be necessary and possibly a hindrance(with overkill and wasted shots). though to be

honest i would have to try it out and see how it feels to tell if it would work or not.   

I do know that snipers are generally 'one shot, one kill', but I wanted to try something out with the Infestation making bizarre and unique weaponry.