Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus City Explorafun: Feedback, Suggestion, Glitch Report; Immortal Edition

Kinperor

Hello,

This is a thread for me to post glitch reports. Normally I would use one of my other Explorafun thread, but some were archived due to inactivity and/or age. It is unfortunate, but maintaining a lot of threads like that take time, and that's assuming I have things to report, which isn't a given. 

Please note, this isn't a general map/level glitch report thread, it's specific to the Corpus Gas City.

I frankly would prefer that you don't post over posting something that is unrelated. 

You can see more of my Explorafun initiative with the links in my profile's page. Here is the original Corpus Gas City thread which is now archived. 

General feedback: I was pleased to revisit the tileset with my alt account and notice an overabundance of lockers all over the place, which were rather generous in credits. For this reason I've been visiting this tileset a lot. With that said - while there are a lot of lockers in general, it felt to me that the more "subtle" or "secret" or what-have-you locker rooms are under-filled, when compared to the huge amount of lockers available in general.

There's one room in particular I can think of, which has something like 6 or 8 node connector (it also has a single laser stream on the middle floor of the room), on top of a hallway filled with something like 16 lockers. From that room alone, you can branch off into 4-5 locker rooms easily, with tons of lockers. Now, compare to the secret rooms which seems to average about 6-8 lockers in general, and you see a pretty big discrepancy between the two in term of return on effort (one just needs you to walk in, the other requires acrobatic and a keen sense of observation). Another example that is jarring is one of the extraction tiles, which features something like 14 obvious lockers just in front of the four docked pods, but has a secret room with a whopping 5 lockers that need you to break through a grate and run down the length of the room or so, and I didn't observe a major difference in credits or credit yield.

My simple solution would be to raise the minimum possible amount of credits in secret rooms, so that they're always worth it. 

Now for more specific feedback: 

#1 TBC: Camera placement.

0EUrJNV.jpg

Speaks for itself. I've had at least one occasion where it spotted me across the orange boxes. While it does add some "life" to the level (in the sense that the boxes are only temporary and the camera happen to be blocked as said boxes are there), it is still a bit jarring since the boxes are always there, and it feels weird to see a camera mounted behind said boxes. It would be cool if a variation of the tile was made with no boxes, either as a one way drop or by opening the couple of doors there are in the camera room. Now there would be the issue of how to go through the vent without the boxes, and I'm not quite sure how it would be fixed. If I was a wizard, I'd just split off the other half of the level dependent on the vent and call it a day. It would make a good small-sized connector, and give however little life to the area.

#2 TBF: Container clipping. 

BrYGWVc.jpg

Speaks for itself (see the lockers). Additionally, I stumbled on a breakable storage container clipping inside one of the barrel on the floor to the right of the lockers (see in picture).

#3 TBF: Storage crate clipping.

yjQISlk.jpg

Speaks for itself.

#4 TBF: Noncollectable bounty.

oHkKYu4.jpg

This is odd: I have no idea why but my Sahasa dug up some loot in that corner and I couldn't collect the credits, at least physically, I don't know if I collected them but they just didn't disappear.

#5 TBC: SUGGESTION; Loot room opportunity. (Also, broken mini-map?)

SXqq3Je.jpg

Through some creative wallrun I could get up there, but unfortunately there was nothing but this largish floor. I'd consider sticking a locker or 8. The access point may need to be stream lined. Also, I am not sure if there's an issue with the minimap, but the area is hardly readable. I haven't noticed an issue other than in this picture, but it might have been a lack of attention.

-----

That's it for now. 

I'll be back later (hopefully) for more if I can make some time.

The #4 is a problem of Grineer Vessels too, in a particular connector. 

I'm not aware of the issue you're talking, but I know of another tile which had the same issue in the Gas City tileset, which I'll need to report at some point . 

More fun;

#6 TBF: Ghost drops.

5SY5B08.jpg

For reason unknown to me, the thing that drops close to the highlighted spot couldn't be collected. It seems to be related to the location, but I don't have any clue what might be causing it.

#7 TBF: Console-hiding ice.

e43thJ7.jpg

Despite being hidden under ~30 centimeters of ice, the console is still usable. Either the ice should be moved or the console should be disabled in cryo-levels.

#8 TBF: Intertile clipping.

RL6mB7W.jpg

The problematic area is actually behind the highlighted wall, in the other tile. Issue being here that a chunk of the highlighted wall seems to poke through the other side. The room in question is a small locker room that isn't permanently attached to the tile my Nyx is in.

#10 TBF: Collision boxes issues.

DmGdzQB.jpg

The red rectangle in the middle highlights an invisible object that can block the player's path and make sparkles, and appears to be the same dimension as the object highlighted in the green rectangle. Additionally, the green rectangle object had no collision box, and there was another invisible barrel off frame, highlighted by a red arrow. Here is a video of the issue:

#11 TBF: Kubrow pathing.

krwWlcN.jpg

The red rectangle highlights the general area where a Kubrow is forced to pass by to get up or down in this tile. You see, the green arrow highlights an area where there is a secret room with a handful of locker, and the Kubrow will follow you, but can only jump down on the other side of the room, whereas I am able to drop where my Nyx is currently with no issue.

#12 TBF: Kubrow pathing 1.

5sNq7xX.jpg

On occasion my Kubrow fell in that spot and got trapped until I made him teleport out.

#13 TBF: Kubrow pathing 2.

pwMzQEb.jpg

Highlighted is a small ledge on the floor which stopped my Kubrow's sprint right in its track, but the ledge is only like 10 centimeters (guesstimate).

#14 TBF: Kubrow pathing 3. 

AdIV4sR.jpg

Kubrow got trapped as I sprinted by. The area is one of the four hallways leading out of the spawning room where you drop down a huge vent.

#15 TBF: Locker clipping.

bYJdrBz.jpg

Speaks for itself.

#16 TBF: Intra-tile clipping.

Scq1L2x.jpg

The highlighted wall seems to be a chunk of wall clipping through from the other side of the door. As far as I know this is a permanent tile installation, so it should be easy enough to find. (knocks on wood)

-----

That's it for now.