Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Starting Defender Level

Nighttide77

Please excuse me if this has been suggested before.

After running a ton of defense missions last night in support of an alliance rail, I consistently found myself spawning in at the third phase, fighting level 20+ attackers who could one-shot my unranked-to-lvl10 frame.  On one hand, my opponents were obviously organized and would usually tag-team me.  On the other hand, I still ended up maybe taking down 5-10 of their lives...out of 18-20 remaining (so a lack of skill can't be blamed here).

The point is that joining a match late-game as the first defender against attackers whom have already had time to level up is pretty pointless and frustrating.  A ten level gap between attackers and defenders is huge, of which skill cannot overcome if the attackers just one-shot the defenders.  Why not have everyone join the match at the same level as the one with the highest level?

On one hand, this would solve the problem of just being steamrolled as a defender.  On the other hand, it takes away the attackers' incentive to level up.  I don't see that as a problem, however, because it isn't a fair advantage.

And just to note, I have done plenty of attacking and defending.  I have been on the losing and winning side, and I have nothing but respect for skilled players.  In fact, I look forward to matches versus skilled players, but I extremely dislike unfair advantage.

Oh, and speaking of unfair...I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I think Vauban's Bastille causes attacking players to be stuck in slow-mo after Bastille is gone, and even after the players leave the AOE...and it seems to keep effecting them until they respawn...