Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Chat System

(PSN)ZyroCrystal

Hey.

So this isn't really a bug, because the chat system was changed on purpose. But - with these changes the whole chat experience was torn apart.

I've been playing Warframe since launch on PS4, and I'm 600 hours in. I love Warframe and I've already spent a lot of money on it.

Now this change is the worst thing I've experienced so far. It's pretty much destroying my experience with Warframe.

There are multiple problems with it:

1) Since the chat list now only shows those who currently participate in chat, the region chat is nearly empty (FYI, since I'm german, I'm in the german region). You can't see people you're looking for, even if you know that they're online. Even if they're online in your friend list.

Update 14 added the triangle button as a shortcut to first letters so you don't have to scroll through the whole list in search for a name. Now, this has become completely useless, since the chat list only shows like 20 people, if at all. Before 14.5, not even at 4:00 AM there were this few people online. At a usual time, there were about 500 people online. And I'm sure that they're online now, too!

2) The chat list now only updates for the player if: a) he's on the Liset, b) he brought the chat window up once, c) he's not on a mission or ANYWHERE ELSE than on the liset. This is a HUGE problem. If I just went through a mission and want to check now what people had offered for trade in the last 20 minutes, or basically anything that happened in chat while I were on the mission, I'm screwed. There's just NOTHING there.

3) Filling the chat list with people who participate is extremely bugged. Even if people went and offered something to trade or basically, wrote anything in the trade chat, they're not in the list.

Want a proof? Just look at this: http://i.imgur.com/tU9I2uv.jpg

This was taken at 0:55. I've not been on a mission, and I had the chat window open the whole time. Except for me, there are TWO other names on the list. What about the other >30 people, who participated in chat? Yeah, I think, lets head to region chat so I can look for their names there. But, you guessed it, they're NOT there either. And if I don't use the /w command, and I'm NOT going to use this every single time I want to trade, I'm screwed!

FYI, reopening the chat or leaving the Liset or doing ANYTHING doesn't fix this. There are never more than a handful of names.

4) The empty chat list confuses a lot of players and tricks them into thinking that all of their friends left for an other game. No joke, I've seen a lot of people saying that the empty list is Destiny's fault. I'm pretty sure this will lead to a lot of other players leaving Warframe, since they must think it's dead!

5) Offering anything in trade chat is pointless now, since there are only like five players seeing it. If the other players open trade chat after they've been on a mission or doing anything else, they won't see it.

I hope you see now why I'm so upset. For a game like Warframe, a fully functionable chat system is really important. I hope DE fixes this and goes straight back to the old system (at U14), which was nearly perfect.

TL;DR: The new chat system is terrible. The old system has to stay. Never change a winning team!

Edited by (PS4)ZyroCrystal

Yup, I agree with the above article, and would like to add that the recent update (14.5) the mod rank on the mod card/ fusion core is way too small. I can't even tell what rank they are without going near the tv set. It might be okay for PC players but for PS players, we tend to keep a distance between the sofa/bed from the TV set. Maybe its just me, but I do think the new mod style is a bit too small (I am still figuring how to differentiate the fusion core).