Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix The Sigil Standing Issue And Keep Everyone Happy

Grilleds

Everyone seems to be toying with the idea of the higher ranked sigils giving more standing. However many people just want to get those sigils because they look nice and don't want to feel obligated to wear certain sigils when they would prefer wearing others. Besides DE generally seems to prefer cosmetics to not have any ingame benefit.

There is a very simple solution that surprisingly nobody seems to have brought up, and it fixes a LOT of problems people are having.

Make the standing gain get a small stacking multiplier based on the amount of sigils you own for that faction in total.

Let's hypothetically say it's 1% per sigil, and you are getting standing for Steel Meridian. You buy the Vigilance sigil and the Armada sigil, but then you decide you just want to wear their default sigil. You still get a 2% extra standing gain after the mission because you invested in buying 2 sigils despite you wearing the default sigil, so it's 102% standing. With all the sigils it's 110% standing per mission, and you can wear whatever sigil you think looks the coolest.

That's just the very basic idea. Personally I think 1% is much too low to make it worthwhile, and I think there is much more that can be done with it.

An extra idea I thought would be cool is that buying the last tier sigil could have an extra effect, like reducing standing loss when you support an enemy or opposed faction.

This won't work because the cost of sigils relative to the amount needed to max rank isn't proportional to the boost.

That's just the very basic idea. Personally I think 1% is much too low to make it worthwhile, and I think there is much more that can be done with it.

Even 1% from first rank sygil (2.500) will be worth a lot on last level, you need to get 22+44+70+99+Cost of a mod, so 2500 for 1% will give you ~20k off from your last level.

But other ones should give more boost to your ranking. 

I think i mentioned something like this in other discussion, this is too obvious, is think DE will make this happen, or think of something better.

Make the standing gain get a small stacking multiplier based on the amount of sigils you own for that faction in total.

Just this bit I'm not okay with. There are many sigils I don't like, and don't want to buy (and won't, even if they do give a boost), but there are some very high level sigils I do like and I would much prefer to gain a boost based on the highest level sigil I have rather than the number of sigils I have. But that may just be me. 

Just this bit I'm not okay with. There are many sigils I don't like, and don't want to buy (and won't, even if they do give a boost), but there are some very high level sigils I do like and I would much prefer to gain a boost based on the highest level sigil I have rather than the number of sigils I have. But that may just be me. 

Doesn't have to be a flat boost across the board. Could have an extra boost for higher ranked sigils and only a minor boost for the lower ranked ones. Just so long as people get some benefit from having multiple sigils.

In Halloween stream devs clearly showed concern about this issue, so it's likely that this, or some similar system will be developed.

Another benefit of this method, is that syndicate progression becomes smoother, as Rep benefits would stack gradually. Players can buy sigils at their own pace, instead of grinding for biggest, bestest one and being forced to wear it, with all benefits from previous sigils wasted.

I'd second this with a vengeance. Maybe a 2% instead? 2.5%?

I'd actually argue an even higher boost. 1% was just an example, it's much too low.

In Halloween stream devs clearly showed concern about this issue, so it's likely that this, or some similar system will be developed.

Another benefit of this method, is that syndicate progression becomes smoother, as Rep benefits would stack gradually. Players can buy sigils at their own pace, instead of grinding for biggest, bestest one and being forced to wear it, with all benefits from previous sigils wasted.

That's exactly my point. This way someone won't buy a sigil and feel like they wasted standing doing it, and buying multiple sigils still results in a benefit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this so I don't have to remake the thread. Since I'm hearing that DE intends for a different solution that will cause the very problem my solution was meant to correct. Simply making higher tier sigils give a higher bonus gives us less incentive to get the lower tier ones, even if we think they look nicer.