Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Anyone With Connection Issues!

geninrising

Question

Anyone that experiences connection issues regularly Warframe can see it as an exercise in futility. There is HOPE! For the longest time I often got errors like Connection to the host failed you will be returned to the multiplayer menu. This occurs because either you or the host do not have easily accessible ports or the connection took too much time and timed out. This is caused by settings in your modem/router or the host's modem/router. Your problems can be fixed with a little work under most circumstances(except when you have an internet company that will not let you fiddle with your modem/routers advanced configuration menus). Now other peoples settings are beyond the scope of your doing, just point them at portforward.com for all the help they need!

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm First pick your router manufacturer, then model,then Warframe from the list of games. Then follow easy to understand directions. Congrats problem solved!

Some additional tips to maintain your connection are to power off your modem about once per week for 1 minute.

Additionally flush your DNS! I cannot stress how wonderful this is at relieving various problems that can occur(problems with your connection being slower than it should be? or having lag on your end when normally you don't) the way you flush your DNS is as follows:

open a cmd line prompt via Start menu>all programs>accessories>right click cmd prompt>run as administrator

type in: ipconfig/release(press enter-you will release your ip) this disconnects your internet

then type: ipconfig/flushdns(press enter-this flushes your domain name server cache)

then type: ipconfig/renew(press enter-this gets you a new ip address)

^ this has helped many of my clanmates with many different connection issues!

If you follow these steps it will ensure that YOUR CONNECTION is NEVER the issue.

I hope this post helps out anyone with any issues. 

Edited by geninrising

6 answers to this question

Seeing more Connection to host failed threads so bumping. A common problem I am seeing with folks not having this work properly is that they are not setting a static IP address first before forwarding. Do EVERYTHING the page tells you folks, don't just do the forwarding because that will not guarantee you connections. Also keep in mind that if others don't fix their connections it will not guarantee yours. I know it sucks to have to do work to play a game but that is the nature of the beast when it comes to networking.

Jesus... i think you solved my problem..... <3 i love u

Something that also improved my gaming exoerience was to turn off DX 10 and 11 from the launcher options... It improves the loading times dramtically

Edited by Kalont

Jesus... i think you solved my problem..... <3 i love u

Something that also improved my gaming exoerience was to turn off DX 10 and 11 from the launcher options... It improves the loading times dramtically

TY very much, if you have any friends that have problems direct them this way ^^