Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Vajra, Monk Melee Cc Warframe

Ryoku_kuzu

Well I never go on the forums but after a long time playing this game I figured I could toss in an idea for a new type of frame, similarly melee focused as Valkyr but more focused on group targeting overall. The idea is a Warframe that bases its use of energy as Chi, incorporating it into use of powerful physical blows and spirit based enhancements or attacks.

A majority of damage can be Impact damage which doesn't get enough love in this game. The crowd control potential I listed gives him team value. It may very well be way too much but it can be toyed around to not make him overpowered in that regard. Needless to say any values or effects can be changed regarding balance. Edit: Also just a bonus if this frame were ever to be made with other items maybe he can be released with a new Sparring melee weapon besides Obex or Kogake; or a new stance for those weapons based on Bajiquan martial arts.

________

Name: Vajra

HP: 125

Power: 150 (Most likely abilities will be consistently cast)

Shield: 100

Armor45

Aura: 1x D (Vazarin) and 1x V (Madurai) (to focus on the use of Spirit for defensive and offensive purposes)

Polarities: - Naramon (Energy Siphon would generally be the preferred mod for the aura)

Powers/Abilities

1st Ability

Burning Soul Cost: 25; Duration: 4/6/8/10 (Or trigger as a channeled spell that drains a max total of 25?)

Vajra focuses his undying spirit into his fists/weapon and sets it ablaze. All melee strikes deal bonus 50/100/150/200 Fire damage and have 100% to proc Fire DoT and Panic (It may be a bit much?)

2nd Ability

​Iron Mountain Cost: 50 (or 75 if it's too strong?); Duration: N/A

With training comes mastery, Vajra taps into his latent strength and flows into a booming palm strike (or Tetsuzanko) to a close target with 200/300/400/500 Blast damage and knocking them down. After a small delay (or instantly) a shockwave emerges in a 10/13/17/20 meter cone behind the target dealing 50/100/150/200 Impact damage and staggering (or Knockdown if DE so wishes) other enemies

3rd Ability

Unbreakable Will Cost: 50 (Might be 75 instead if it's too strong); Duration: 10/15/20/25

Uniting body and mind, Vajra solidifies his physical body granting 40/50/60/70% Damage Reduction and immunity to staggers or knockdowns.

4th Ability

Fury of 1000 Fists Cost: 100; Duration:N/A

Vajra releases the limiters of the body and unleashes hundreds of punches in a second. Vajra spins and with a flurry of fists, sends Chi orbs (for extra fun make them look like fists) in all directions dealing 200/400/600/800 Blast (or Impact) while staggering (or again Knockdown) targets within 15/20/25/30 meters.

Design

There's no art for me to supply but generally this frame could have a pseudo-robe design with the upper body being "unclothed" showing more physique similar to Volt with a bulky lower body being what would be the "robes". Warframe heads have "eyes" usually and are colored by the energy, Vajra could incorporate the eyes as the incense burn dots that are placed upon certain monks' heads, maybe even a cue-ball head. If his upper body is lacking it a buddhist "halo" can burn behind his body colored by energy.

Anyways yeah, this frame most likely will never come to fruition, may be broken, or boring, or too hard to implement, but nonetheless it's worth a shot to see if it does. If anyone has any revisions or changes mention it here.

Edited by Ryoku_kuzu

Needs a Dim Mak!

Make Dim Mak Vajra's #4. Once cast, Varja can attack pressure points on enemies. For humanoid enemies, Dim Mak will use one of three animation and 100% proc one the three physical status effects, Puncture, Impact, or Slash. Those status effects being, Weakness( damage debuff), Stagger, and Bleed.

For Robots, one of two can proc, Electricity-Chain Lightning, or Blast-Knockdown.

Infested, suffer Viral-1/2 Health, or Radiation-Confusion.

Dim Mak is duration based, and can be recast to cancel.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

I like this a lot.

Unbreakable Will is a bit of a problem though. I think an ability like this is a great fit for Vajra, but by comparing it to two similar abilites hopefully you can see the problem. Trinity's Link provides similar damage reduction, protects against knockdown, and returns a small amount of damage back to enemies. Its duration is about half that of Unbreakable Will and it costs 75 energy to cast. Mesa's Shatter Shield again provides similar damage reduction, and reflects incoming projectiles back at enemies. It too costs 75 energy but it does last about the same amount of time as Unbreakable Will, however, it doesn't protect against knockdown or melee attacks.

My suggestion? Keep the cost and duration the same and keep the knockdown immunity, but change the damage reduction to only work against melee attacks. This would make it a bit more balanced and fitting for the melee monk theme.

I like this a lot.

Unbreakable Will is a bit of a problem though. I think an ability like this is a great fit for Vajra, but by comparing it to two similar abilites hopefully you can see the problem. Trinity's Link provides similar damage reduction, protects against knockdown, and returns a small amount of damage back to enemies. Its duration is about half that of Unbreakable Will and it costs 75 energy to cast. Mesa's Shatter Shield again provides similar damage reduction, and reflects incoming projectiles back at enemies. It too costs 75 energy but it does last about the same amount of time as Unbreakable Will, however, it doesn't protect against knockdown or melee attacks.

My suggestion? Keep the cost and duration the same and keep the knockdown immunity, but change the damage reduction to only work against melee attacks. This would make it a bit more balanced and fitting for the melee monk theme.

I actually kept it more like that because of his naturally low armor and shields which wouldn't let him last long otherwise in higher levels. It also does not reflect any damage back to the enemy. The damage reduction was also scaled down a tad compared to Shatter shield's 95%. Given his CC potential I think increasing the total cost to 75 would probably be enough to balance it out and possibly reducing the duration

Edit: I just want to add that damage reduction to melee attacks is also extremely niche that would only really apply to Infested use. Compare Mesa's Shatter Shield being useful on 2/3 factions vs. Melee only Unbreakable Will against 1/3 and the occasional unit

Edited by Ryoku_kuzu