Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silas - The Infested Power Warframe (Complete With Concept Art)

LAME_NINJA

The follow was written by Mathew,AKA MicSet on this forum:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/user/733649-micset/

as for me, i am the concept artist who made the following concept art,you can find more of my work here:http://nobody00000000.deviantart.com/

First and foremost, thank you for reading and giving this some attention.

This simple idea has definitely been floating around the Warframe forums for a long time.
An infested Warframe or warframe based around the infested.

But first let's be honest, the reason of why most of us would want to play an infested Warframe or Warframe based around or has powers similar to the infestation
is the same why most of us would want to play the incredible hulk, the predator or an alien from the aliens franchise.
It just simply feels plain fun and awesome.

With that out of the way here are my thoughts about what we have done and what we would like to be taking into consideration if you ever design a warframe based around our idea.

11050190_923928277647578_373824538637479

First my thoughts on the concept.
Personally it didn't really come out like anything I envisioned or hoped for, then again I'm probably by far the worst on describing my ideas. This was done by "nobody00000000" from Deviant Art who volunteerd to do it for free, after his hard work for nothing in return I didn't really want to push him any further.  In the end I just hope that you guys can just simply take the ideas and turn it into something better.
Originally we were also gonna have the help of "RedSkittlez" from the Warframe forums, but he went silent and we soon assumed he wasn't interested or was at least distracted with his own project(s) leaving it to just me and my buddy Isaac, AKA: "nobody00000000" from Deviant Art.
We were trying to go for something similar to Valkyr.

[simple story/bio idea]
Like Valkyr, Silas was forged in the labs of the Zanuka project simultaneously as Valkyr, making them brother and sister in a way as two similar ships being built at the same time are considered "sister ships."
Valkyr of course manage to escape but was unable to find and save her brother.
After the escaped warframe prototype, the Silas warframe was put on ice.
Eventually as time passed during the slow assimilation of Alad V, soon to become Mutalist Alad V, the project was resumed.
Soon Alad V manage to successfully hybridized Silas with Infested tissue, bonding the tissue with the armour/shell of the warframe, but he was naturally not content with stopping there.
He wanted to take it a step further by modifying the energy from within the warframe so that Silas would be able to control it.
The results were...  interesting, not only had the tissue successfully bonded and obey the Warframes commands, but it appears to have grown in intelligence.
It was soon discovered that the sounds that were emitting from the warframe was the infested tissue itself communicating, Alad V was able to notice and understand this as he was infested himself.
He attempted to communicate back by simply asking questions, he rarely responded with only a simple ".. Yes"
Soon he found out that the tissue was in fact not responding directly to him at all, it turns out that it was communicating with the tenno all along.
Its last words was "Yes... now we understand...  we must not linger any longer, we are leaving" and at that moment the infested tissue from the warframe began responding, it expanded out and began forcefully freeing Silas from his restraints.
It was then that Silas was able to escape and hijack a corpus ship to crash land on a cold planet (haven't decided on the planet yet)
Silas dug in and grew a small force of infested force to guard him as he meditated in the command deck as the ship began broadcasting a message for the tenno.
Which leads to the assassination mission for him to obtain his warframe.

Upon making your way to him in the mission, the infested tissue will begin communicating with you (speaking with a voice similar to Lephantis)

Quotes along the way:

. "Our wait is over, now that you're here <player name>"
. "We desire to understand and fight beside you... IF you pass our trial"
. "You tenno are quite fascinating, there is definitely a strong connection between us"
. "We have seen what they have done... and we are disgusted, WE are no experiments for these... "Mutalist," we're something much more now"
. "Reunite our friend with his fellow tenno, and we will submit to you. We desire a greater purpose"
. "Through this tenno we now understand. <player name>... will you guide him?"

Boss introduction:

. "At last, you've come. Now... fight us!"

During fight:

. "Prove yourself to us, <player name>"
. "Incapacitate us <player name>, and we will submit"
. "Are you worthy to command us?"
. "Disease- no longer. With your power and wisdom <player name>, we'll be known as something better"

Player(s) Downed:

. "Hmm, this one is not ready"
. "We KNOW you tenno are stronger than this, keep trying!"
. "we cannot Obey those that cannot dominate us, you must train more! master us, <player name>!"

Defeated:

. "It is done. Silas... welcome to your new home"
. "You have mastered us, <player name>."
. "You have passed our trial, our power will be yours, <player name>"

[Mechanic ideas]
Again, like Valkyr, we wanted this Warframes abilities to encourage the player into fighting aggressively and close.
And his ultimate ability being almost the same as Valkyr in terms of mechanics, but with some slight differences.
Instead of sustaining himself with Life-Steel by simply hitting an enemy, Silas has to either perry or finish an enemy.
We wanted him to transform into something terrifying and strong, something similar to the ancient infested.
We wanted him to deal impact or puncture damage rather than slash, and we definitely liked the idea of his hits having a similar if not the same feel and sound of the Fragor hammer.
And to us, what made Valkyr so unique in the audio department was the fact that she actually had a voice when useing most of her abilities, which made her feel even more powerful and bad-! to us.
We wanted something similar like that for Silas, but instead of a human voice, we thought it would be fitting for him to instead emit an animal sound, something powerful and chilling, something big, something that would deliver a similar feeling as you would get when hearing the powerful roar of King Kong for the first time.

Naturally we also wanted to give him the ability to assimilate his victims.
With Viral Grasp Silas would shoot an infested grappling vine identical to the ancient infested, which I'm pretty sure will feel satisfying to most players, being able to perform a similar action they've had to suffer on the receiving end.
We thought of two ways that the assimilation could be done.
Either Silas would slammed the target on to the ground and engulf the target with spores, doing finishing damage over time like Hydroids undertoe.  Infesting the target after it expires.
Or the target could be slammed onto the ground and receive massive damage over time as long as the target is held on to the ground by the Warframe, similar to the kubrows grapple attack abilities "Savagery" and "Ferocity." Infesting the target when it expires.
Understanding that becoming infested is a fate worse than death, as quoted by the Lotus.  We thought of having his infested minions explode on command, when minion limit is exceeded or when the warframe ability is nullified/reset. Granting his victims peace after serving him in combat.

We also think that he should have passive benefits towards bioweapons.
As for what kind of benefits, we'll let you decide that.

Speaking of bioweapons

We think it would be awesome if there was a bioweapon version of the Venka Claws, only this time with two big claws instead of three small ones.  We also think that it should deal puncture damage instead of slash damage.

so here is his skill set:
[Takedown]
Leaps toward a selected target and knocks it down, leaving the target vulnerable to finishers.
Near by targets will also become staggered.

[Viral Grasp]
Pulls the selected target via a grapple vine.
Once successfully pulled to the warframe the target will be slammed onto the ground, riddled with spores that will constantly damage the target.
Target will become infested if expires while infected with spores.
Using this ability on Allied infested will command them to explode.

[Feast]
Will render the warframe immuned to both proc damage and affects while active, will also draw proc off of nearby players and on to the warframe.
All damage caused by procs will be converted into health.

[Takeover]
Causes the warframe to temporarily morph into a much more threatening state, slowly using energy while active.
Will be stripped of shields and receive a major armor enhancement.
Will be unable to perform any parkour while in this state.
Has a 100% chance to perry when blocking.
Base damage and general speed is enhanced depended on how low health is.
Life steals on finishers and perry attacks.
Will emit a viral explosion when ability expires.
11043120_923930804313992_295063594056515

And those are our ideas, we hope this helps you.
  • Like 1

this is actually probably one of the most logical infested warframes i've seen. warframes/tenno can not be infested (because they kind of already are) but this does not work as if were infesting others, it works as if it were an infested itself. it is brutal and violent and relentless just like the infested.

the abilities themselves seem to be lacking something but i cant put my finger on it. Ill think about it.

this is actually probably one of the most logical infested warframes i've seen. warframes/tenno can not be infested (because they kind of already are) but this does not work as if were infesting others, it works as if it were an infested itself. it is brutal and violent and relentless just like the infested.

the abilities themselves seem to be lacking something but i cant put my finger on it. Ill think about it.

yeah,i am not the one that comes up with the powers tho

• 1 month later...

Thank you.

I'm really happy to hear that, as coming up, let alone describing stuff like this is definitely not my specialty.

And as for what those abilities are lacking, I'd like to talk about them with you if you're still interested.

I like the concept, infested frames is something I beg DE to make, well at least, a more bestial/horror frame that the ones we actually have.

I give you a +1 for the whole details and arts, but I should admit, for an infested frame, I'm all for Typhus.

And I would set myself in fire to show my admiration to DE if they put the Nemesis from Dark Sector in the game as a frame :3