Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Goa'uld Staff Style Weapon.

Renan.Ruivo

So we now have the Glaive, and more throwable weapons coming. How about a staff (bo/amphis) weapon that does normal swings on normal attacks, but fires an energy projectile on charge?

For more information:

Well, as you can see it wouldn't perform very well as a long-gun (Our Burston is our P90), that's why i suggest making it a melee weapon with a ranged charge attack =)

A Weapon of Terror. Bashing a Ma'Tok Staff agains't grineer/corpus/infested would be a hell of a lot more effective than bashing them with a.. um... burston.

The Ma'Tok staff fires a powerful plasma blast which can kill most humans with a single shot if it strikes near the center mass of the body (or other vital areas). [...] The staff is noted for its short range of approximately 50 to 60 meters and low rate of fire [...] The back end has a club, allowing the staff to double as a melee weapon at close range
Edited by Renan.Ruivo

YES!!! Stargate is one of my favorite shows (SG-1 and Atlantis, they killed it in Universe)

This would be a great idea, and I think it would bring another cool ranged type mechanic to WarFrame.

The only problem is that I feel like this would also take over for either the primary or secondary weapons, as it is a projectile weapon. The glaive is one-shot until it comes back so it is limited, but this is energy type weaponry, so it would be more powerful. 

I think it could take the place of the secondary and it would be awesome!!!

Edit: Had to look up the name, but a Zat'nik'tel would be really cool too

250px-Zatud1_-_noback.JPG

Edited by FiendFyre

By the way, i seem to have posted this on the wrong forum. If a community mod or staff member would be kind enough to move it over to Weapon Feedback i'd greatly appreciate it. But please don't delete it without warning me so that i can copy the contents of the OP first =)

YES!!! Stargate is one of my favorite shows (SG-1 and Atlantis, they killed it in Universe)

This would be a great idea, and I think it would bring another cool ranged type mechanic to WarFrame.

The only problem is that I feel like this would also take over for either the primary or secondary weapons, as it is a projectile weapon. The glaive is one-shot until it comes back so it is limited, but this is energy type weaponry, so it would be more powerful. 

I think it could take the place of the secondary and it would be awesome!!!

Edit: Had to look up the name, but a Zat'nik'tel would be really cool too

250px-Zatud1_-_noback.JPG

Well, the Staff Weapon is slow firing and not hit-scan, so you'd have to lead the target.

Ok so I'll agree that stargate is cool. But no, we do not need melee weapons with projectile or beam damage. It's not very often you get a shooter that also has a great melee side as well, which this game I dare say does. Let the projectile weapons shoot projectiles, let the melee weapons be used for melee. I do not need or want every weapon to do everything, I don't even need a chainsaw on my mk1 or bolts shooting out of either of the two bows in game.

Besides that if it projects damage of any kind it would have to do less melee damage to be balanced, then all you have is a weak gun and a weak melee all wrapped up in one weak over all and disappointing weapon that ended up being a waste of time.

Edited by Carcharias

Besides that if it projects damage of any kind it would have to do less melee damage to be balanced, then all you have is a weak gun and a weak melee all wrapped up in one weak over all and disappointing weapon that ended up being a waste of time.

We do know that there are more "ranged melee" weapons in the works, and that some of them have ammo, so this suggestion is in line with that fact =)