Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Memory Leak?

AxelTKat

So I've noticed for a little over a weak now that at times while I'm playing my computer experiences a massive memory leak. I've been trying to track it down thinking it might be something else, or firefox, etc but at this point I'm 90% sure it's Warframe causing the problem. Sometimes I can play all day without issue, other times I go from using about 30% of my RAM (this includes Warframe and music) to using 97-100% of my RAM. Closing Warframe doesn't fix this, just a reboot. When the issue occurs my Non-Paged Pool shoots up to about 7.6 GB when it normaly sits between 65-120 MB. I've watched Warframe go from using about 550 K in the NP Pool to over 1 mil just playing for about four hours tonight. Currently with everything closed my computer is using 39% of its RAM, more than running the game and firefox was to start. And yes I've looked all through my active programs, .exe , anything I could think of but the common denominator is Warframe. I'm using an ASUS Radeon R9270 2GB vid card and my CPU is an AMD A10-7700K quad core (3.4 GHz) and the whole thing has G.Skill Ripjaw X Series RAM (8 GB). Now I've read somethings about AMd having memory leak issues recently but all I've read said it was exclusive to Battlefield and a few other games, Warframe wasn't mentioned. If it's the same issue then I understand it will either come in an update or a driver fix on my end. Also a few days ago WF had put up a patch that fixed some AMD issues, I had hoped if this was the issue if would've fixed it but other than it seeming to be better, it's not gone. I do apologize for the long post but I really enjoy the game and it kinda sucks when you're in the middle of a survival and you start getting a slideshow and have to reboot. If anyone knows a fix to this or maybe have had the same issue any help would be awesome because I'm at a loss. Thanks a bunch.

• 1 month later...

Would be nice if they could address the issue or let us know what's going on. I seem to have the issue no matter if i close the game out and give it a rest, or play it non stop for a few hours, in the end the memory leak will get so bad that i will begin to lag mid game, freeze up and have to restart my computer due to it freezing my entire computer up.

I cant even close the game out, I cant restart from the windows button, and i cant even open up task manager to close the game because it eats up 98% of my RAM out of nowhere, this can be frustrating mid missions as the game becomes completely unresponsive or unplayable. 

I'f they could at least fix the reward system so that when you come back you still have all your items you earned, other wise there is really no reason to give you the option of "reconnect from previous session" if you;re just going to lose everything you had earned before crashing but the over all fixing of the memory leak would be nice. 

Hopefully someone at DE can give an answer soon.