Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Along Came A Spider...

Coaster_of_The_4th

My concept is an Arachnida (spider) -themed Warframe, preferably feminine. I have no idea what to name her, possibly something along the lines of Latrodectus (genus of the widow spiders) or anatomical features of spiders. Naming is up to the developers. References to our lord and savior Llolth the Spider Queen are much appreciated (D&D reference!). Dryder would be a cool name, actually.

DESIGN

-This Warframe, unlike any previous ones, is unique is that she sports 4 additional arms. Normally, they'd be tucked away like a dead spider, but during "vertical maneuvers" such as scaling walls, wall running, general parkour, or special grapple moves, her arms unfurl and go into use. Her "normal" arms will remain grasping the weapon, letting the other appendages do all the work. 

-As for her overall appearance, She sports a nasty pair of fangs, 6 shoulder blade-like plates overlapping on her back, a small thorax protruding from her pelvis, several "eyes", and a carapace like appearance. She should appear rather strong and athletic, as spiders tend to be very strong for their size. 

-Anything else is up to the developer. Be creative!

MOVEMENT

-Additional to what was mentioned above regarding her 6 arms in total, her lateral movements should be predominantly agile; even her noble stance should be fluid and lower to the ground than other stances.

-She should be still until otherwise required, and when she moves, it should be swift, almost creepy (like a spider? Anyone?) in nature. Idle animations could include her other limbs adjusting position or unfurling briefly. It always creeps me out when a large spider shifts it's limbs. 

-She should have a boost to vertical movements, like jumping and scaling, as mentioned above.

OFFENSIVE

ABILITY 1- Spinneret (or any other name, up to you): She projects a strand of silk, which attaches to whatever (or whoever) it hits. The Warframe can then do one of two things: 1) If grappled to a surface, the Warframe then pulls herself to the surface, regardless of distance (or not, depending on the developer's wishes). This can be used to traverse ravines and bypass parkour. 2) If grappled to an enemy, the Warframe pulls the target towards her. Form here, the target is knocked prone and is vulnerable to an attack.

ABILITY 2- Venomous Bite (or any other name): Her 4 arms extend and pin the target prey off of his feet, as he squirms helplessly. He turns green as the venom injected through her arms courses through his veins. He can then be thrown at will by pressing the same button, acting as an acid bomb, exploding violently and spraying acid in a 2 meter area.

ABILITY 3- Laying the Web (or any other name): She lays a web of silk out, able to stretch it out between 2 points, and acts as a nearly invisible trap. Any enemies who walk into the web are suspended in the trap and cannot attack or move for 10-30 seconds. The Warframe can then do with him what she will, as any spider would with a fly in her web.

Effective at blocking hallways or laying a trap out for unsuspecting prey.

ABILITY 4- I have 2 ideas for this, so It's up to the developer to decide which is more appropriate.

1) Rites of Llolth (or any other name): The Warframe transforms into a Drider and gains, in addition to her 6 arms, the form of the Spider Queen herself(The waist down is just straight up Shelob out of LOTR). She now stands a full meter taller, gains a boost to speed, melee damage, and armor for a short period of time. She can rampage through hordes of enemies and every enemy killed replenishes her health a small bit.

2) Queen of the Damned (or any other name): For a short period of time, every enemy killed by melee bursts open and spawns a Kubrow sized spider. This effect repeats until 10-15 spiders are born, and these spiders will then proceed to act as Kubrow and attack enemies on the Warframe's behalf. After a short period of time, the spiders will die off, exploding and spreading acid in a 1 meter radius each. 

ADDITIONAL NOTES

The Warframe proposed would make an excellent ambush predator, dealing high damage to single enemies until high tier abilities come into play. Coupled with the added traverse ability in the vertical, a low tier grapple ability, she reinforces arachnophobia in all, enemies and friends alike.

Everything stated above is up to the developers, if they choose to make this. I'd personally love to play this frame, and see people wreck everything as the spawn of spider and Tenno. Balancing could be an issue, but I'd love to spawn more ideas if it means making this happen. I'll even sketch out concept art if y'all want me to. Thanks, and have a good one!

Edited by Coaster_of_The_4th
  • Like 1

I actually really like this thought for a spider frame. Most are just manipulators, but this is a legit PRIMAL FRAME!!!! I am in love.

Will be thinking of lore for her, let me know if you want me to send it to you, or just post it. KEEP MAKING AMAZING THINGS!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would think the first abilty, Spinnarette as you have coined it, should be more of an ability that if it hits terrain, then it creates a temporary zipline usable by herself and allies. If it strikes an opponent, then it entangles them in web and they have release themselves. 

I only propose this difference so her 1 isn't Valkyrs Ripline

• 1 month later...

For an idle movement she coulde extend all of her arms and small spiders crawl and make webs between them?

I would think the first abilty, Spinnarette as you have coined it, should be more of an ability that if it hits terrain, then it creates a temporary zipline usable by herself and allies. If it strikes an opponent, then it entangles them in web and they have release themselves. 

I only propose this difference so her 1 isn't Valkyrs Ripline

I agree, the first ability sounded a lot like Valkyr's Ripline. I like this rendition as it helps not only herself, but other Tenno as well. I would also put in that, while on the zipline, she could recast it on enemies, wrapping them up! That would make her very versatile, like a spider.

With the second ability, I think she shouldn't throw her victim, but rather recieve a percentage of health and 10 energy per victim as well as for the survivers, a toxin proc! (increases with leveling)

The third ability should cause paralysis with a placement method like Oberon. The stronger the victim, the shorter the hold and the more on it, the  duration shortens.

The fourth ability is a great idea! With the spawning of spiders it would be effective and creepy. However the size should be smaller and there should be a lot more. This could either consume energy over time or simply have a time limit.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd be more afraid of a wave of thousands of little spiders crawling all over me than a few big ones?

The thought of a Warframe with her sends shivers down my spine!

• 1 month later...