Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Dark Crescendo (Story Based Off Dark Sector)

RunNGun

I always imagined that Warframe was set in the same universe as Dark Sector, a game made by DE in 2009, instead of an alternate universe.

In this fan-fic, I will try to connect the events of Dark Sector to the Warframe Universe, attempting to explain Lotus, Tenno, Infested, Orokin-era, Grineer, Corpus, and the Sentient war (which will be the most difficult).

If you have not ever played Dark Sector or never finished the game, I would advise you to buy ($9.99 on steam!) and play, or you can either read the (*SPOILER ALERT*) wiki plot and/or watch this awesome ending

(Skip to 7:40 for ending scene). The story I write picks up from here.

Prologue: Lotus

“You can’t change what you are…”

The words resonated in Hayden Tenno’s head as he throws the now-electrified Glaive into Mezner’s just-exposed body. Mezner had been encased in the adamant flesh of the giant infested creature he was controlling, but with its last tentacle-claw reduced to ash from Hayden’s electric Glaive, the creature’s chest opened, revealing Mezner’s less-adamant body.

“Ahhhhhhhhh!!”
Mezner screamed as the Glaive came into contact with his less-than-immortal body. The giant creature shrieked and reeled over, the impact of its fall knocking loose some rubble in the cave ceiling.

As Hayden climbed out of the debris in his full-body suit, he stood helmet-to-face with the limp Mezner.

Yargo scrambled within earshot to Hayden. “The Transmission! It’s still going!”

Hayden looked at Yargo dumbstruck. “But he’s dead!”

Yargo: “You can feel it building! Do Something!

Hayden looked around. He had to stop the Transmission, else the Technocyte virus would spread to the world.

He found what he was looking for. A damaged lamp crackled with electricity. With professional and practiced aim, he summoned the Glaive from his Technocyte-mutated arm and threw it to gather the energy.

Mezner opened his eyes. He could not move, but his mental powers over infested creatures gave him an edge.

Mezner made mental connection with Hayden. “You… are… one of us… now.”

Hayden struggled, but could not move his right arm. The Glaive returned.

Quickly, swiftly, Hayden caught the electrified Glaive with his left arm and stabbed Mezner in the face.

Hayden watched as the electricity ran through Mezner, destroying the Transmission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a daze, Hayden and Yargo walked out of the cavern chamber.

Hayden: “What now? Are we done?”

Yargo: “I wish we were, this is only the beginning.”

Hayden: “What do you mean?”

Yargo: “Think! Do you believe the Technocyte won’t eventually spread? That the world governments will deal with the Infested properly? That the Agency will handle this? Do you believe you will always be there to save humanity?”

Hayden: “I was never one for looking too far ahead. What do you suggest?”

Yargo: “We need more men like you, Tenno. We need to be able to raise generations of men like you.”

Hayden: “Are you saying we inject the Technocyte virus into healthy people? That we experiment to breed super soldiers?”

Yargo: “There may be survivors here in Lasria that are infected, yet not Infested. We must search for them. We will also need to set up a base of operations to train them, to research this disease, and further develop your suit.”

Hayden: “What? Create another Agency? An Organization?”

Yargo: “If we must. I know some people, and I know you know some people.”

Hayden was silent. He knew Yargo was right. He’d been in this business long enough to know how things worked. Secrets cannot be kept forever, and cover-ups just don’t last. It may take years, decades, or even centuries, but eventually, someone will find the Technocyte, and it may not turn out to be pretty. Hayden may not be around when he is needed once again.

Hayden had been lucky. There were countless times during this mission when he could have failed or died, but didn’t. Luck may not always be on humanity’s side.

Besides, it wasn’t the first time the ends justified the means for him. He knew they would create operatives like himself, whether they found survivors, or not. For the good of humanity.

Hayden: “You know, every organization needs a name.”

Yargo: “Well, what do you want to call it?”

Hayden: “Maybe the Hayden Foundation.”

Yargo: “Perhaps. The name does not matter.”

The two men stepped out of the Vault, and then out into the sunlight. They took a moment for their eyes to adjust. It had been ages since they last saw sunlight.

Hayden: “Yargo! Look at this!”

Yargo: “Wha—what! Impossible!”

Hayden: “It apparently isn’t.”

Yargo: “Here!? In this cold northern climate!? At this time of year!? How can these grow!?”

Hayden: “I changed my mind. I know what our organization should be named.”

Yargo stared blankly at Hayden, then back to the scene. “Maybe the name does matter after all.”

Prologue end

Chapter One: Orokin

January 21, 2024

Welcome back to MRFN News Network. I am Maria Niicerack, and you are watching a MRFN Special Report.

Scientists have discovered a kind of bacteria that may alleviate the world’s energy problems. We have MRFN Special Reporter Sophie Datass with us today to uncover more. Hi Sophie!

(Psst. Up here.) Hi Maria!

Tell us more about this bacteria, Sophie!

I am here in Sakhalin, Russia, where this bacterium was discovered. I am here with an expert on the subject, Dr. Effengknoewitall. Doctor, can you tell us more about this strain of bacteria?

Of course. This bacterium was first used by the aborigines of this island as a source of... beverage. Cultures were first used in indigenous alcoholic fermentation. It was not until recently that the bacterium’s special characteristics were discovered.

Doctor, how would this bacteria be able to resolve our energy problems?

This bacterium can store and produce massive amounts of energy through the consumption of certain materials. However, this is different from normal digestion because it creates energy through a phenomenon similar to nuclear fusion.

New clee wha-?

Nu-cle-ar fusion. It is a process in which molecular particles fuse together to create a new particle while generating a massive amount of energy. It is what powers the Sun, and it has no harmful byproducts.

We were not able to replicate the process here on Earth because massive amounts of heat were necessary to start the process. With this discovery, however, we may be able to replicate nuclear fusion with much less heat.

You heard the man. How come this hasn’t been discovered before?

Records show that the now-dissolved Soviet Union attempted to dissect this bacterium in order to create weapons; however, at the time they did not have the technology to properly research it. Their efforts led to a dead end. We, on the other hand, now have the technology necessary to study this bacterium and possibly replicate its workings on a larger scale.

Well… Good luck! Thank you for speaking with us tonight in a MRFN Special Report.

Swahceewo!

What the f--- was that?

It means thank you in Orok, the dying language spoken by the aborigine Ulta people here in Sakhalin. These people have been a huge help in our research, and so we will be dedicating our discoveries here to them.

Well, anyways, I am Sophie Datass here with Dr. Effengknoewitall and this is a MRFN Special Report! Back to you, Nancy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 1, 2076

Martin Luther pushed a button on his glasses. “MRFN Cola-Coca Space Colony Launch.” The image was displayed into his right eye’s cornea and clarified on his retina.

This was it—Humanity’s greatest feat. Humans would no longer be confined here in this dying and overcrowded world.

Using the technology made possible through the generation of near-infinite amounts of energy, humans were finally able to create indefinitely-sustainable life-support systems that could function in space. Wherever there was room in the Solar System and beyond, man could thrive.

A new Age had come. Some called it the Great Expansion. Others called it the True Space Age. But to most, it was remembered by the technology that made it possible.

Chapter One End

Edited by RunNGun

Oh lord Please Continue This is nothing but pure Gold.

Why is this not a thing?!

Well then, I will make it a thing!

It takes a few days to write one of these, so I will try to pump one out every several days, depending on my schedule. At the latest, i think there will be a week's wait.

Edited by RunNGun

Well then, I will make it a thing!

It takes a few days to write one of these, so I will try to pump one out every several days, depending on my schedule. At the latest, i think there will be a week's wait.

A week Worth waiting ^^

Do us proud Tenno

I think I might repost this in a new topic with a more eye-catching title, then continue the series from there.

How does "Warframe: True Beginnings", sound?

EDIT: Just discovered that I can change the name of the topic. JK.

Edited by RunNGun