Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Freeze When Opening Option Menu, Navigation...

Ulkio

Hi,

This problem seems to exist since a few years as I saw it a lot of times during my investigation...
A friend of mine has this problem. His game freezes for like 10-30 secondes when opening Option menu, Navigation or else.
We found a way to fix this. Setting the online option to friend only seems to fix it. Whenever he sets the option to Matchmaking online, his game freezes when joining us. (We also have to put our option to friend only or he will freeze when joining us !

He already tried everything in the launcher. (No DirectX activated/only directX11/only directX10/both activated, uncheck 64 bits, uncheck everything, check everything, optimize cache...) He also updated his drivers

(I made that post because his English is not so good xD)

Thanks
His pc specs are the following : 

• CPU
    AMD Quad-Core A10-Series processor
  • OS
    Windows 8
  • Chipset
    AMD AM70 FCH
  • Memory
    DDR3 1600MHz, support up to 16GB
  • Display
    15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlight, Anti-glare
  • Graphics
    AMD RadeonTM HD 7970M Graphic Card
  • Graphics VRAM
    GDDR5 2GB

Ok, does he have to delete it first to create a new one when he connects and has a freeze ?
Woudn't it be faster to PM you with the log instead of submitting a support ticket ?

Edited by Ulkio

• 2 weeks later...

I have this issue too. I have to wait 30~45 seconds every time I open navigation. I find it not feasible to play until this is fixed. 

Tried un-install and re-install. Did not solve the issue. Tried different internet connections too (including my cell LTE), still nope. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This problem seems to exist since a few years as I saw it a lot of times during my investigation...

A friend of mine has this problem. His game freezes for like 10-30 secondes when opening Option menu, Navigation or else.

We found a way to fix this. Setting the online option to friend only seems to fix it. Whenever he sets the option to Matchmaking online, his game freezes when joining us. (We also have to put our option to friend only or he will freeze when joining us !

He already tried everything in the launcher. (No DirectX activated/only directX11/only directX10/both activated, uncheck 64 bits, uncheck everything, check everything, optimize cache...) He also updated his drivers

(I made that post because his English is not so good xD)

Thanks

His pc specs are the following : 

• CPU
    AMD Quad-Core A10-Series processor
  • OS
    Windows 8
  • Chipset
    AMD AM70 FCH
  • Memory
    DDR3 1600MHz, support up to 16GB
  • Display
    15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlight, Anti-glare
  • Graphics
    AMD RadeonTM HD 7970M Graphic Card
  • Graphics VRAM
    GDDR5 2GB

It seems to be something to do with opening a squad.

It's been happening to me since shortly after we got the liset, and then it was fixed during some full number update, but broke again in one of the hotfixes soon after.

Setting to Solo and my navigation opens immediately, and missions play immediately -- anything that require me to have a squad open -- be it public, friends or invite, sees a freeze as well (or being invited to a game). However, once I load a squad (access nav console), if I leave the nav console and re-open it without interacting with anything else (even if I'm not currently in a squad) the delay is usually minimal or gone.

And the options menu does freeze for a while before loading as well.

The log will reset every time the game is launched. Please submit it as a support ticket.

When I get a chance, I will also send one in. Any specific keywords I should add to the subject or content of the ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem: I have this problem too. When I open Navigation or Options or try inviting a squad member the game freezes.

Solution: Uninstall Akamai.

Partial Solution: Changing Matchmaking to Solo allows me to use the Navigation console and run solo missions. Switching it back to Public Matchmaking and joining a Public Squad still causes freeze. Reinstalling and verifying game cache does not fix the problem.

Possible Cause: Right after I completed a mission in a public group and the game froze. After reloading the game I got an error asking me to rejoin the session. I hit no.

I submitted a ticket as well.

Edited by ffhighwind

• 2 months later...

Another possible solution:    {1} - try turning off your computer {2} - then reset your router {3} - wait briefly for a min or 2

{4} - turn on your computer.

**  there have been many times.. where this did the trick., because in 9 out of 10 times this will                                                              probably be  a net issue. ... So no more navigation / option   freeze.

Edited by Isaiah.53

to any one have the game freeze when he set it to online but don't crash when in solo mod all you have to install a program like virtual audio cable and set it to make virtual mic and use that in warframe this fixed this crash for me on windows 10 because i don't have driver for my sound 

hop this fix it for you