Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Melee Concept] Channel-Based Nikana - Mune (Masamune)

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

This blade is based on the priest swordsmith Masamune. Here is for Info / lore / history about Masamune and Muramasa http://loreandlegends.blogspot.com/2008/07/muramasa-and-masamune.html

Art by : Aeon Wolf (Thanks sooo much !)

The Tenno words is a channeling effect. It says "Masamune shall devour darkness."Rc6oy.jpg

Mune:

Physical Damage: 40

• Impact 10
  • Puncture 20
  • Slash 10

Crit Chance: 10%

Crit Multiplier: 1.5

Attack Rate: 1.2

Status Chance: 10%

Stamina: 3

Channeling Cost: 10

Channeling Multiplier: 3.5

While channeling 50% of all damage is converted to puncture, while the other 50% is converted to the damage type that was initially the highest.

( Muramasa coming soon :D )

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

While I like the design and a puncture katana could be fun- I don't support the idea of a weapon being specifically better then other weapons when channeling. Id assume there's a reason all weapons share a default channel damage, as its DE's universal build for melee. Problem with channeling though is ,unlike crit builds or status or even base dmg builds, only specific frames on specific builds can fully utilise the weapon to an effective measure and with this weapon being underwhelming when not channeling; you lock out several options for versatility and load out variety. You may as well rename the katana to the "rage blade" as unless you're running that on a frame that can take a hit, ash, or trinity then it's going to either eat your pool real fast then run dry...or just be underwhelming. Just my opinion though.

Edited by kaioni

While I like the design and a puncture katana could be fun- I don't support the idea of a weapon being specifically better then other weapons when channeling. Id assume there's a reason all weapons share a default channel damage, as its DE's universal build for melee. Problem with channeling though is ,unlike crit builds or status or even base dmg builds, only specific frames on specific builds can fully utilise the weapon to an effective measure and with this weapon being underwhelming when not channeling; you lock out several options for versatility and load out variety. You may as well rename the katana to the "rage blade" as unless you're running that on a frame that can take a hit, ash, or trinity then it's going to either eat your pool real fast then run dry...or just be underwhelming. Just my opinion though.

BwrZWTK.gif

Usually I wouldn't respond because it is your opinion and I find that there is no point to start arguments on forums but Since Aeon put so much effort to this concept I thought it would be pretty shameful if I didn't.

Alright lets talk versatility, yes most weapons have 'versatility' but lets talk about weapons with specific stats, have you ever seen a crit melee weapon without beserker, example; kogake, scindo prime, dual raza, ? Or a dread or paris prime build without vital sense and point strike? That's because theses specific weapons are only viable with specific mods, now I imagine Mune would only be viable with mods like  focus energy, killing blow, and corrupt charge. While I do respect your opinion, but what you just described where most of the viable weapons in game ( Amprex, soma prime,  synapse, Dread, paris prime, boltor prime, ect.) Only a few weapons have true versatility,  atterax, akmagnus, tonbo.

Now I think a trinity, valkyr, chroma loki / loki prime, and volt prime would be able to utilize the full use of this weapon. And I think thats just fine, this weapon when not channeling is slightly weaker then the original nikana, but when channeling is bit  better then dragon nikana, yes this might induce certain builds or frames, but thats what warframe builds are about, scindo prime for a hysteria build, redeemer for a invisible loki build (really good) lifestrike for a vex armor chroma.

But imo I belive Mune brings diversity to the table.   

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Usually I wouldn't respond because it is your opinion and I find that there is no point to start arguments on forums but Since Aeon put so much effort to this concept I thought it would be pretty shameful if I didn't.

Alright lets talk versatility, yes most weapons have 'versatility' but lets talk about weapons with specific stats, have you ever seen a crit melee weapon without beserker, example; kogake, scindo prime, dual raza, ? Or a dread or paris prime build without vital sense and point strike? That's because theses specific weapons are only viable with specific mods, now I imagine Mune would only be viable with mods like  focus energy, killing blow, and corrupt charge. While I do respect your opinion, but what you just described where most of the viable weapons in game ( Amprex, soma prime,  synapse, Dread, paris prime, boltor prime, ect.) Only a few weapons have true versatility,  atterax, akmagnus, tonbo.

Now I think a trinity, valkyr, chroma loki / loki prime, and volt prime would be able to utilize the full use of this weapon. And I think thats just fine, this weapon when not channeling is slightly weaker then the original nikana, but when channeling is bit  better then dragon nikana, yes this might induce certain builds or frames, but thats what warframe builds are about, scindo prime for a hysteria build, redeemer for a invisible loki build (really good) lifestrike for a vex armor chroma.

But imo I belive Mune brings diversity to the table.   

Sorry but if you feel the need to start an argument over anything then theres a problem because I only stated it was my opinion to try not act like what I say is in any way or means what I demand reality. Im sorry if it came accross as negative but i did not intend to degrade your idea merely state my opinion on why I feel channeling as a weapons main damage focus is not a solid idea. I could go on and refer to your comment about how yes a crit-built weapon without crit mods isnt the best of weapons but I feel I already answered why I dont feel thats much reason with how I feel channelling is DE's universal damage regulator for weapons. Some shine in crit, some shine in status and some have great base dmg...but all share the same channel damage. I just feel its like breaking a trend thats too deep. If you felt I was being overly negative or too harsh with my personal critique based on my opinions and beliefs about the game...well all I can do is apologise I guess. If you would prefer a completely bias review on your weapon concept with 0 negatives posts then I can happily edit my posts to do so, if that would calm you.

Sorry but if you feel the need to start an argument over anything then theres a problem because I only stated it was my opinion to try not act like what I say is in any way or means what I demand reality. Im sorry if it came accross as negative but i did not intend to degrade your idea merely state my opinion on why I feel channeling as a weapons main damage focus is not a solid idea. I could go on and refer to your comment about how yes a crit-built weapon without crit mods isnt the best of weapons but I feel I already answered why I dont feel thats much reason with how I feel channelling is DE's universal damage regulator for weapons. Some shine in crit, some shine in status and some have great base dmg...but all share the same channel damage. I just feel its like breaking a trend thats too deep. If you felt I was being overly negative or too harsh with my personal critique based on my opinions and beliefs about the game...well all I can do is apologise I guess. If you would prefer a completely bias review on your weapon concept with 0 negatives posts then I can happily edit my posts to do so, if that would calm you.

no it's fine, just wanted to get my input in