Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive Game Crashes Force My Pc To Shut Down.

RamenFrog

Title essentially explains it, though to be fair I'm not even sure where to begin or how to recreate it (nor do I want too).

My system specs:

Windows 8.1

Graphics card is an AMD 255 (it's old but the mileage on it is brand new)

Ram is 8GB

CPU is AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G (read that one right off the label lol)

Anti-virus Avira

Computer is also under a year old

Over the last few weeks (really since I've just began playing in general) I've been having really odd and bad crashes, forcing me to outright cut my power because even the power button on my tower refuses to cooperate by that point (though I've only had to do this twice).

This latest crash happened inside the Dojo, where I was dueling with a clan mate and practicing with some melee weapons, which actually glitched my controller a bit but that's another discussion.  After the fight, I went over to a research station to replicate something, and couldn't interact with the pedestal, so I was like "oh okay that's not coo-" and promptly crashed and was sitting on my desktop and Steam was just hanging out being all innocent.  I didn't get any sort of crash prompt from the game's launcher or anything (nor have I ever, didn't know it existed until a friend mentioned it to me).  Feeling a bit bewildered I sorta got back on the saddle and we decided to do some Void T3 missions (survival to be exact).  First one didn't have any issues, but the second one my screen kept freezing, with the sound cutting out to a point I just attempted to make a dash for the extraction point.  I made it (somehow) and as soon as the mission complete happened I froze again and my screen went white.  I tried to ALT/TAB but that didn't work, tried to bring up my Task Manager to force quit the poor thing and even my task manager stopped working.  I tried hitting my power button on the tower, nope, so I cut the cord, rebooted and still no crash prompt.  

I have revalidated this game from the launcher about 5 times, and it never tells me if I have any issues and I obviously still end up crashing. I've also toned down my graphics settings and so on to see if it was a performance issue, but I can run other top of the line games on at least medium to high settings with no crash issues so I wonder if it's an OS or AMD compatibility issue.

Other odd occurrences is if I let myself idle, my screen will actually go into sleep mode, to which it can cause it to lock into a black screen and force me to reboot again (only game that does this on my computer).

Not sure what to do, or how to go about getting around this as I REALLY don't want to melt my fairly new computer and am a bit scared to play this again since I know it's going to happen again at some point.

my laptop is 4 years old and i have 99% no problems (once one,two or three months depending on something Do not know how it works)

the criminal : some inknown programs,viruses,driver, if you do not have a ssd defrag,try verify cache from launcher,and alweays look at temps you are if you are not doing it

i think it's a program that is messing ssomething example: i had a problem with 10 fps on every game EVERY the next day i started the laptop an icon showed up next to the clock it said it was microsoft open center or something i found a way to kill it from starting up and no problems again

Edited by Kostadin

I'm not overclocking it (seems a bit silly to do on a 255 card anyways) and I'd need to manually set the settings anyways to enable it so I'd know if that was the case.  I'm running on factory settings.

Also I've done multiple Malware scans, verified my integrity (as I've stated in my original post) various times and checked other hidden programs that might've been running and so far I can't find anything that would cause this (only game in my library that has caused anything severe like this).