Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Engine "micro" Stutter

PlebbyMilliner

As has been reported in numerous threads, but this is the best evidence I can provide. Be sure to watch at 60fps to catch most of it.

It starts smooth in the tunnels, but when it opens up after around 0:50 or so, it feels like playing at 15fps. Go from there until around 2:34 for a good segment.

My system is running 2x GeForce 970 in SLI and an Intel 4690K processor under Windows 8.1 currently. However, this problem was present with my previous system with a GeForce 660Ti and a i5-750.

SLI on/off does not matter

Vsync is off (I use GSync, but have tried it both on/off)

The game was running well prior to the "multi-threaded performance improvements" introduced around Update 16.5.

It does not appear to be a graphical problem, but instead a game engine update issue. Doing a frame-by-frame analysis, you can usually see 3 updated frames and then 1 duplicate. Overall the actual render framerate appears to be solid, but the underlying engine updates are stuttering.

This, coupled with the UI scaling bugs that have not been fixed since November have really soured my Warframe experience.

For extra fun, also note the "spinning" AI enemies.

Edited by PlebbyMilliner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

running in 32bit seems to remove the stutter for me man but still has issues on some tile sets like sliding to the left or right when turning :) hell i even slid clear across a walk way earlier while doing an interception on a corpus ice base.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Did you ever manage to fix this problem? I've been experiencing the same thing (SLI 980 Ti and G-Sync 1440p 144hz).

EDIT: Well, fixed it a few minutes after seeing this post. Multi Threaded Rendering to off in the WF Launcher settings solved it for me.

Edited by DrTacos