Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Machete? Just Reskinned Skana?

neKroMancer

I like the look of this weapon and decide to go for it as my first U8 weapon. The stat is the same as Skana. Same melee damage, same charge damage, same speed.

Is there something more about this weapon? It's here just to level it up for mastery point then sell it?

Edit: It seems like Skana with AOE jump attack which is a bit useless imo. Heatsword does fore damage on jump, Ether ignores armor, Mire seals poison damage. This Machete which is wielded by Scorpion does....nothing. DE, that's not cool.

How about giving this sword the same mechanic as Scorpion, pull single enemy from range with charge attack into your range and simultaneously stab it, dealing charge damage. Sounds good to me and the mechanic already exist to an extent.

Please?

Edited by neKroMancer

Machete definitely needs something to make it stand out. The blade design of it and the cleavers suggests to me that they're energized or heated in some form-- having full or partial armour ignore seems like a reasonable function, though it overlaps somewhat with the Ether Blade/s.

Right now all it does is look kinda cool, and I have plenty of other sword options that do that and perform better physically.

Yeah, I also put the platinum in so Machete could be my first U8 weapon too... and then was severely underwhelmed by it. It behaves almost exactly like a Skana from what I can tell, even after potatoing it (which I now regret).

If DE is just going to re-skin existing weapons, that's awesome, more power to them. But sell them as a skin FFS, and be upfront about it. Too many times now I've farmed for a weapon or paid real money for it, only to find out it's the same thing as something else I've already used but with nicer looking art.

+1 that Machete needs a buff, badly. Or just call it a Skana skin and gimmie my Plat back.

I like the look of this weapon and decide to go for it as my first U8 weapon. The stat is the same as Skana. Same melee damage, same charge damage, same speed.

Is there something more about this weapon? It's here just to level it up for mastery point then sell it?

Edit: It seems like Skana with AOE jump attack which is a bit useless imo. Heatsword does fore damage on jump, Ether ignores armor, Mire seals poison damage. This Machete which is wielded by Scorpion does....nothing. DE, that's not cool.

How about giving this sword the same mechanic as Scorpion, pull single enemy from range with charge attack into your range and simultaneously stab it, dealing charge damage. Sounds good to me and the mechanic already exist to an extent.

Please?

If we could select melee as an option like rifle and pistol this would work and make a very interesting weapon. +1 mate.

I really liked the idea of allowing players to access the Scorpion grappling hook attack. One of my friends who is unable to play at the moment is the kind of person who would love the idea of using a machete, but if it's just a Skana, I can already taste the dissapointment. Considering a lot of the weapons in this game seem to benefit most from the "Ooh, shiny and different" aspect of their introduction, adding a grappling hook to the Machete perhaps as its charge attack would be perfect. Make the enemies scream nicely while you drag them, too.