Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Nanite Warframe

Hezlock

Hello, me and my friends (DeathBlade117 and Mortalik) were talking together and came up with a Warframe idea that I hope the community and DE will like. The Warframe would be based of nano-technology and the name would be Machinatum or any other choice of DE words. His/her (gender could be specified by DE) parts would drop from either any new boss that appears at the time of it's release or just simply lab or something similar. Now, I will jump to abilities.

1. Paradigm Shift (20) - You can toggle through 2 different modes - Default and Ability Selection - (kind of like Equinox but you have to click 1, then you will get a mini ability menu above your current abilities where it will prompt you with 3 more abilities to click. You click 2, 3 or 4 on theese while your menu is active (you disable the menu if you click 1 again) and you activate one of the mini abilities) - Regeneration, Invisibility or speed. - (DE can choose what to do with this one if it is too big/OP). There would be nanite-like effects going around the Warframe while this ability (and many other) are active. Duration increases duration. Strength increases the amount of Regeneration increase you get.

2. Phase Shift - (30 energy) - You turn into a cloud of nanites, traveling very fast to your target (also works on non-entities, you can teleport to literally anywhere), damaging it slightly and disabling it's electronics for 5 seconds. Stretch affects the range with which you can target. Duration increases the electronic failiure duration.

3. System Reroute (75 energy) - You disable every single bit of electronic equipment around you. MOAs don't work anymore, cameras don't work anymore, lights turn off, any electric weapon doesn't work anymore, scopes don't work (they aim worse) and it disables consoles so they cannot trigger alarms or lockdowns as well as disabling ark traps. Stretch increases it's range, duration increases it's duration - Default would be 10 seconds.

4. Singularity (100 energy to activate, 3 energy consumption per second) - You toggle the ability with energy consumption similar to Chroma's 4th ability and disperse into a huge cloud of nanties which you can control and you spawn 5 little clouds of nanites which roam around the room. Both your own cloud and the mini clouds can heal allies and give them more armour (this affects you too) as long as they are inside the cloud/clouds. Enemies get huge amounts of damage over time and their armour gets reduced to null until the nanites are gone. Strength increases the nanite efficiency (More damage for enemies, more health regeneration for allies etc...). Stretch increases how far you can go with your own cloud and how far your mini clouds can go.

BASE STATISTICS:

HEALTH: 100 - Rank 30 - 300

SHIELD: 200 - Rank 30 - 600

ARMOUR: 120

POWER: 150 - Rank 30 - 250

SPRINT SPEED: 1.1

AURA POLARITY - NARAMON (line)

1st POLARITY SLOT - NARAMON (line)

2nd POLARITY SLOT - VAZARIN (D)

3rd POLARITY SLOT - MARUDAI (V)

PS: Completely unrelated to this - for april's fools, Rhino should have an actual animal rhino helmet.

Edited by Predator989

Okay, so my friend had an idea about the Warframe and as she was very creative, I'll post it here.

Well this is how I'd imagine a nano-drone oriented Warframe: It should be sleek and of undefined gender, a bit shorter then other frames, low on health and armor, high on shields and high on energy. Not much should really stick out of its basic humanoid form, and it should have some bigger empty surface areas where we can sometimes see clumps of nano-scopic machines move about in clumps, and streams, kind of like how ants migrate. Idle animations could involve these and clumps rushing from legs to head and arms then back, and she/he could swirl clouds of it around its excended hands. The nano-drones should be too small to see unless in big groups (clumps) and should be grey tinted with energy color the frame. It should have a smaller passive health regeneration and slightly faster shield regeneration and delay, these improve with Warframe level but being passive bonuses should never reach an actual upgraded mod's level. Now, the Warframe actually keeps producing these nano-drones, which stick to the inside and surface of the Warframe and burn out as they are „used up“, either by turning eachother into matter to replace damaged parts or by expending their energy to shift matter to help repair damage or do whatever is needed/ordered by the user. First ability simply gives the drones energy for a surge in the passive regeneration. you heal X amount of health over X amount of seconds, affected by power, duration and cheapened or made more expensive appropriately by mods. A special mod from (I guess corpus) faction extends this regeneration to nearby allies, otherwise it only affects the frame and companion.  The second or third sub-ability (from the first one) could be to form and strengthen the Warframe, giving it extra armor that lasts a very long duration, possibbly even forming a shield on either or both hands. Both the actual armor points given and duration gets reduced as the Warframe takes health damage. Another ability would be to project a large screen in front of the frame, making anything behind it invisible to anything in front of it, sort of like a wall which blocks visibility for NPC's and simply shows the background/floor/walls/consoles for enemy players in pvp. From behind the shield it would function as a monitor highlighting enemies, giving additional information about them, possibbly giving shots fired through it an aim boost. Warframe level would affect the size of the shield as well as power strength, and a faction mod would turn it from a static entity (like volt's shield) to something that floats in front of the frame, following it. Ultimate ability (4) would release a large cloud of nanodrones for the initial energy cost and then take 5energy/sec to upkeep it, while the effect lasts and a few (3-5) seconds afterwards, enemy non-melee weapons are disabled aswell as electronic melee weapons, hackable terminals are automatically hacked over 10 seconds, security cameras and energy fences are turned off, infested are disoriented as if affected by blindness/confusion, and robotic enemies (moas, floaty drones, turrets) fight for the frame as if they were summoned by a Nekros (but still can be shot down by players). The „shield“ would show enviroment, but no entities, allowing for stealth in both pve and pvp. It would make you invisible for sensor drones until they pass through it, oh and the ultimate ability would fix broken lights caused by the third ability because that's what they do and also, the extra (or default) armor from the second skill should be either http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Robotic or http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Alloy_Armor . The Warframe should be short, slender and impossibble to tell if it is male or female. And I'd probably enforce some glassy/greyish areas on it. People shouldnt be able to paint it all pinkbut at unranked level it should look pretty plain, and at lvl-30 the extra effects would fill out the empty surfaces with random moving patterns then basically, you have a long lasting buff that helps you survive if your shields run out, but not like the ablaptive armor that Rhino has, it merely mitigates damage making you take less and progressively more damage as it weakens. You could also have an ability which lets you heal back up but not instantly. So you have a handy utility skill and the ultimate which has varied usefulness depending on situation. I'd say its not OP in any way but should be fun to play, especially in solo - the ultimate ability could also repair non-exploding barrels/containers becouse why the hell not, these would only have a chance to drop energy though and it should heal friendly MOA's you get from hacking those... pods... which  almost noone bothers to use, but this skill auto-hacks those for you. This would make a very underutilized feature be more useful that way.

Credits to you, *unforseen* and thanks for your opinion :).

Edited by Predator989

Seems like a nice idea, I'd like to add that I think the ultimate's energy cost is bit high for activation considering it also has energy per second also it's third seems a bit "lackluster", perhaps something like exploding weaponry that also left nanite swarms much like the moas would be better then incapacitating electronics which volt already does similarly  

Loving the idea, But it seems the mini abilities are somewhat too strong and need more details but other than that all regular abilities seem quite nice. My idea for the mini abilities should be that Paradigm Shift  is actually a combination of all three and it randomly cycles through Invisibility, healing and speed depending on your last used ability from the other three I.E phase shift when used should give Paradigm Shift the speed bonus, system reroute (I suggest calling this one System Malfunction since system reroute is already the name of a mod) should give a few secs of invisibility and Singularity should give Paradigm Shift the healing bonus.As for stats, health is fine, shields should be 150 base and 450 at 30 armour should be 65 power is fine and sprint speed is also fine. Polarities seem too much, The aura Naramon is fine but i believe that other than that the frame should only have a Naramon and a Vazarin. I fully support this your idea for this frame though and it would be awesome to have this in game. Keep up the good work man :D

Edited by HOKAGAN

Hmm, I like the idea and would enjoy playing this disruptive warframe.

The abilities seem pretty useful and very fun.

However the fourth ability (singularity) seems complex and I would like to know more about it.

You could just pop it whenever you get low and regenerate your health if you were to be invincible while in cloud form.

Which would be kind of overpowered.

If singularity would also drain your shield/health every second as well as energy then it would seem more balanced providing it already gives aoe dot and buffs to allies. And since you sacrifice a % of your own health why not make the enemy do the same when inside the cloud?

It would make the damage viable even at very high tiers.

So much potential for singularity. This would definitely be one of the fun warframes to play.

Looking at the comments saying the abilities are too OP, here's my new take on the 4th ability:

Singularity:

85 activation cost, 3.5 energy p/s drain, 2.5 second cast time

Turns the user into a swarm of nanites, which gives the user health regeneration, and allies within the swarm get health regeneration and an armour buff, as well as debuffing the armour of enemies and causing their health to degenerate if they are caught in the swarm.

The health regeneration for the user and allies would be 2 HP p/s at rank 0, 3 HP p/s at rank 1, 4 HP p/s at rank 2 and 5 HP p/s at rank 3. The armour buff for allies would be 20 at rank 0, 40 at rank 1, 60 at rank 2 and 80 at rank 3.

I'm not too sure on the health and armour penalties for enemies, as their health and armour is different that of Warframes. I was thinking of making it percentage based, but I think that might be a bit too OP for higher level enemies. Allies such as Sentinels, Kubrows, Nekros shadows and MOA's controlled by the third ability would also gain the health/armour benefits

You would be able to Toggle the ability on and off like Chroma/Limbo's ult.

Power Strength would affect the health and armour benefits/penalties for allies/enemies.

Power Efficiency would affect either the energy p/s drain OR the activation cost, I'm not sure which one, but affecting both might be a bit much.

Power Range would affect the size/area of effect for the nanite swarm

Please read and give feedback to me and Predator about this, I personally feel like this ability is the hardest to balance without ruining it out of all the abilities.