Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Oriented Maps?

HellEnforcer

Well, here is just another random idea.

We all know the warframes available (or at least we should!). We know they have some affinities and special abilities. We know some of them are better for some situations than other or better suited against some enemies better than others. So, could that be exploited for a good push? At least on my head, the answer would be "Hell, yeah!". Some people might be wondering what i am refering to or if i have some mental problems. The answer to the second is yes, but in a good way  ^o^ . The answer for the first one is the following.

Frost is cold based. We all know that. Why does he take penalty by cryo leak environment? Good question actually. Ember is fire based. Why she takes fire damage? I mean, Overheat literally lits her on fire. That's beyond me.

In any case, both are another subject. What I really want to leave as an idea is that there could be some situations to which each warframe is more suited than others making the mission a bit more easier and more entertaining. Here is how:

- The team is required to push some sort of machinery out of the way to continue (mining machine obstructing a tunnel comes to my mind). On that situation, Mag could make things much more simpler by just using her Pull and taking a lot less than having the team push the machine to the other side.

- A second situation could be a haf destroyed hallway on top of an incinerator. The team needs to get to the other side by jumping on the parts that are still not borken and using some wallruns and such to not fall on the fire. Ember could just walk on the fire and turn the incinerator off.

- A hallway full of lasers needs to be overcome (moving lasers from the void comes to my mind). The team needs to advance with caution segment by segment to not be fried by the lasers. Loki could create a clon on a near room and change locations with it to turn off the lasers.

I am sure people can come up with some nice ideas. The point is that the game could present some situations on which each warframe could really shine. This could prevent some things like a dominant warframe (to some extent of course) and promote some situational awareness and teamwork. Not to mention that could make the game more interesting and fun.

Note: I think I am forgetting something important, but i can't remember...

"Self Index"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/53457-bug-and-sugestion-index-point/

This is a good idea. Lets see if I can think of any good one.

The laser room or a close idea for that could also be bypassed by a volt with the shield wall.

Rhyno could also push things out of the way easier than most other frames.

This would allow several frames to do several "challenges" of this type, giving more options.

It's an interesting though, but one best for later down the line ("puzzle maps" and their respective tile sets would have to require puzzles that do not directly require a specific frame for progression...how'd you like getting to a certain place and then going 'Welp! None of us is Vauban!')

Having a tile set for these kind of maps would be interesting, especially if they made good usage of other neglected mechanics (who really actively uses wall running?).

But I'm more interested in the first thing you've mentioned:

-Why does Frost have his shields go down when he has ports on his arms exuding cold/frosty air? Shouldn't he be immune to that effect, or at least have an innate resistance to its effects?

- Why does Ember take damage from environmental fire but can light herself on fire no problem? Shouldn't she be immune to that effect, or at least take reduced fire damage?

- Why does Rhino, the heaviest warframe, get sent flying like everyone else? Remember how he slide backwards in the trailer instead of sailing through the air?

I'd honestly like each warframe to have more variety in their passives besides just 'health/shields/armor/sprint', and giving them unique passives would be much appreciated.

Edited by MonsieurBubbles

Maybe Warframe themed missions too. A surface Pluto mission outside of bio domes for Frosts (and FPs) only, or something similar on Mercury for Embers. A true stealth mission (populated wholly by special, super high damage enemies) for Loki and Ash.

Also, some tile ideas:

-Bio leak that needs to be patched or avoided that Saryn is immune to

-Guard post that has to be stormed to open a locked door, but Nyx can mind control the operator to open it from a distance without fighting

-An uncharged doorway on an Infested mission that Volt can charge temporarily with Shock, or Vauban for longer with Tesla.

Edited by SolluxCaptorTA

All those ideas would be a nice surprise. I would really like to see these kind of mechannics further developed.

It's an interesting though, but one best for later down the line ("puzzle maps" and their respective tile sets would have to require puzzles that do not directly require a specific frame for progression...how'd you like getting to a certain place and then going 'Welp! None of us is Vauban!')

Well, when I said for each warframe to have it's moment to shine I was not trying to say that they are the only ones being able to pull it off on that situation, but rather making it easier not only for them, but also for the team once the task is completed.

Infested missions are already Ember themed, Corpus missions are already Volt and Vauban themed.

I don't want levels to become so polarized that I would feel inadequate for using my favourite frame on it. I mean, Mag players must feel that all the time, but no one else should have to.

But I'm more interested in the first thing you've mentioned:

-Why does Frost have his shields go down when he has ports on his arms exuding cold/frosty air? Shouldn't he be immune to that effect, or at least have an innate resistance to its effects?

- Why does Ember take damage from environmental fire but can light herself on fire no problem? Shouldn't she be immune to that effect, or at least take reduced fire damage?

- Why does Rhino, the heaviest warframe, get sent flying like everyone else? Remember how he slide backwards in the trailer instead of sailing through the air?

You forgot to add the usual "why does saryn get poisoned??!?1" since saryn uses poisons/toxins for pretty much every ability, wouldn't she be immune to that?