Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation Hazard Causes Mobile Defense Point To Become Hostile.

Klies

Three times in Today's sortie, the second mission, Grineer Asteroid Mobile Defense, Radiation Hazard has caused the second defense point to be affected by Nyx's Chaos (or Irradiating Disarm), started to turn in pace, as if looking around confused, and then take mision-failing damage from a warframe power...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Radiation Hazard should not affect inanimate objects...

Has anyone else run into this making the mission un-completable because someone's Ultimate killed the Griner Systems?

This happened to me and I caught it on stream, it was glorious. The damn console came to life when I stomped as Rhino while rad procced; It just started twitching and spinning around in place because the physics didn't know what to do. 

Now, that said, I have two minds about this:

On the one hand, weapon damage should effect defense objects if you're rad-ed. If you're playing on a level where you could FF the thing you're supposed to be protecting, you should also be exercising caution and control.

On the other hand, I don't think Powers should effect it. The majority of Warframe powers are High burst damage AoEs. Some aren't even controllable by the player in some ways beyond activation. As long as powers can effect and damage defense objectives, Rad missions will basically be 'don't use your powers, and bring weak weapons', which doesn't end up feeling challenging, it feels....Weak. It feels like we're being told to use a fraction of our strength, on enemies that we've been told to you 150% of our strength against.