Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Packs

Luminati07

Hey everyone,

I originally posted this not long ago here - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/62597-vending-machine-mod-packs'>Thread

But I thought I'd create my own to see what people thought about it.

Let's be honest, I don't think anyone actually likes mod packs at the moment. (Yes, I'm guilty of buying them to get that multi-shot)

They are quite expensive, and most of the time you get something absolutely useless.

Instead of what we have at the moment, have something like this:

Warframe mod pack: 5 mods for your Warframe, abilities and other mods. 60 Platinum.

Weapon mod pack: 5 weapons for any weapon type. 60 Platinum.

Primary weapon mod pack: 5 mods for your primary weapon. 75 Platinum.

Secondary weapon mod pack: 5 mods for your secondary weapon. 75 Platinum.

Melee weapon mod pack: 5 mods for your melee weapon. 60 Platinum.

Sentinel mod pack: 5 mods for your Sentinel. 60 Platinum.

Each one would either have 1 guaranteed rare, or 2 guaranteed uncommon.

This way people can choose a pack depending on what they are hunting. If they need a Hell's Chamber, they can buy the primary weapon mod pack.

As it stands right now, if someone wants a particular rare mod, their best bet is to buy a Dragon Mod Pack. 90 Platinum (pretty expensive), and most of the time they end up getting useless Warframe ability mods.

I'd rather have little to no RNG with mod packs. But I think this is a good way to go. (if the RNG stayed)

Thoughts?

Edited by Nugget_

Infinitely better than the current system. I'd actually consider buying a mod pack with this system, and I'm sure DE would make more money because of that off of mod packs.

Edited by Manric

I just bought dragon mod pack yesterday and i got 1 enemy sense and radial disarm as rares. i could accept enemy sense being random but radial disarm being WF skills mods who wants that ! So i have to say " DO NOT buy any mod packs, they are expensive and full of crap". Sorry DE but its the truth.

I just bought dragon mod pack yesterday and i got 1 enemy sense and radial disarm as rares. i could accept enemy sense being random but radial disarm being WF skills mods who wants that ! So i have to say " DO NOT buy any mod packs, they are expensive and full of crap". Sorry DE but its the truth.

Yeah. That's the major issue with the Dragon Mod Pack, you always end up with useless ability mods.

Also agree with "DO NOT buy any mod packs, they are expensive and full of crap". I seriously regret blowing any platinum on those things. Such a waste.

I would like a breakdown of the mod packs to be more focused, but more expensive.

To avoid clutter it could work similarly to how the boosters work. You would click on the category of mods you are looking for: General, Warframe, Primary, Secondary, Melee, Sentinel; and then you would determine what rank you want.

The ranks would be what we currently have: Hawk, Falcon, Eagle, Phoenix, Dragon; and you would just select which one you want from the list.

The different categories would be balanced price-wise by how specific they are, and how likely it would be that you would get a specific rare mod. General would obviously have the lowest, and one of the weapons would probably have the highest since that is the only thing to really focus on right now.

I would like a breakdown of the mod packs to be more focused, but more expensive.

To avoid clutter it could work similarly to how the boosters work. You would click on the category of mods you are looking for: General, Warframe, Primary, Secondary, Melee, Sentinel; and then you would determine what rank you want.

The ranks would be what we currently have: Hawk, Falcon, Eagle, Phoenix, Dragon; and you would just select which one you want from the list.

The different categories would be balanced price-wise by how specific they are, and how likely it would be that you would get a specific rare mod. General would obviously have the lowest, and one of the weapons would probably have the highest since that is the only thing to really focus on right now.

Yep. Exactly.

Thanks for the reply.

Too easy. DE needs to make money off the kids that want to try their hand at gambling.

Kind of implying that DE is a money grubbing company, which they aren't, not at all.

Although, their platinum prices are ludicrous, they haven't shown any signs of money grubbing. (looking at you EA)

A good starter change would simply be removing the warframe skill mods from the packs, and moving them to their own specific pack in case anybody  actually wants them. There are a lot of rares added to the pool by warframe abilities, and yet for "rare" mods, they're some of the easiest to acquire because they're given to you.

A good starter change would simply be removing the warframe skill mods from the packs, and moving them to their own specific pack in case anybody  actually wants them. There are a lot of rares added to the pool by warframe abilities, and yet for "rare" mods, they're some of the easiest to acquire because they're given to you.

That would be a good start, but it still leaves the issue of how large the pool of mods is in each pack.

You shouldn't have to spend 1000+ platinum to hopefully get that multi-shot or serration mod.