Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tuna [fan art]

Appeb

Hai guys!

Warframe is cool. The warframes in particular are cool. So I made some doodles this weekend inspired by the warframes.

A friend is making a 3D sculpt of it.. I'll get him to post it here when it's done :)

tuna_by_erlendcapodanno-d5sxsli.jpg

Oh, and we just call him Tuna.

Edited by Appeb

Throw spear for imbalanced single-target damage (you'd have to retrieve the spear), shift couple enemies into water (looks normal except the enemy starts floating like in water and drowning), slash your spear to create a wave from thin-air for knockback coolness and PRO skill should be turning an enemy into a tunacan :D

Drawing looks amazingly awesome, very skilled!

besides the overall awesome look i particularly like the gloves, they have something to them, cant really grasp it.

The overall theme is pretty cool as well and somewhat has something fishy to it, hence the name i guess. I love pictures were you can feel or think of something but you cant point your finger at it, keeps it intersting to look at.

How about you throw in a detail sketch of the head? would love to see it from up close

See you in space, Cowboy!

Howdy people!

I'm the friend who is 3D modelling this piece. We thought you would like to see the progress so far. A "rough" sculpt so far, we're still working out some shapes and details.

Once that get done I going to retopo each part and make it super crisp and smooth.

The plan is to make this a complete game asset, with proper polycount, texture maps and simple rig for posing.Mq3kUmX.jpg

Edited by p2vollan

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread a little!

So yeah, finally a update. Been kinda slow because I've trying out some new methods and features in zbrush for this little project.

So I've gotten down and refined shapes and edges, and will now add in various details and then polypaint/texture it.

HWPD6jj.jpg

Gotta admit it might not be as "warframe-esque" as intended, but I've learned quite a bit nonetheless.

Really cool concept :) I laughed when I saw tuna, but some more ideas that might be more...apt? Phirana or Swordfish maybe?

TBH the name Tuna came up as a joke while working out the design, we mainly agreed that it had some waterly feel about it. Other names we thought about was Neptune or Poseidon, but they seem a bit too "godly" :P

Glad you guys like our work so far, much appreciated :)

Edited by p2vollan

I think a perfect move would either involve a massive spear lunge towards the enemy, to deal damage or knockback, or a kind of impalement followed by throwing the enemy over your head and pummeling it into the ground.

Maybe a sort of upswing wave would be a nice attack as well, since it can be fast.