Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skills Don't Say "Boost" After Respec

Travakh

So when I respecced my Level 30 Rhino I noticed none of my skills say "Boost" on them like they did before. Is it just a text error or are my skills still recognized as first level and not boosted at all?

http://i.imgur.com/DLaZYzm.jpg

They don't change to boosts until you apply a config with at least 1 of that skills nodes selected(you have to have the power before it can be a boost, and until you finalize you could get that power from any one of the three nodes)

They don't change to boosts until you apply a config with at least 1 of that skills nodes selected(you have to have the power before it can be a boost, and until you finalize you could get that power from any one of the three nodes)

But the thing is I respecced with all 30 points at once. Does this mean my skills are still at level 1 without any boost?

What happens is the skill tree assumes you're only assigning one point at a time, and since there are multiple branches with certain skills, it can't force one to be the skill that unlocks it and one to be a boost, because you could pick either first

So when you put 2 points into shock at once, you unlock it twice and don't boost it at all

So the easiest fix would be to remake trees again so each skill has it's own branch so they have to be aquired in order

So I tested and used up 60k of my credits to respecc my Rhino again and place each point one at a time instead of all at once to see if it would fix it. Apparenly the skills were saying "Boost" on them for each one until I added the last point manually and when I looked again at the skill tree they were all reset yet again to not saying "Boost". Hopefully the devs are able to fix this soon.

Also while playing ingame I can tell that my skills themselves did not feel upgraded and felt weak despite having spent points to increase the skill powers too, so it does affect gameplay.

Edited by Travakh

Its the exact same way it was before the patch. Nothing has changed, this isn't why some of the skills are bugged and not working correctly.

It is not. Did you even test? What frame/frames are you running? (just asking) We've got multiple posts for the same issue from 3 different warframes. Rhino, Mag and Volt.

Before the patch, upgrades were showing as upgrades correctly. Something has changed with the skill tree update. If you're running a Frame that shows subsequent skill upgrades as boost WITH a skill point in them, please post. We need some type of feedback here because there is something wrong.

I think this is more of a display problem than an actual skill bug. Before the patch 6.0 and the skill revamps, you can put 1 pt into a skill, and as long as you don't have points in another node with the same skill, those nodes will say XXX boost. But as soon as you level a few more times and have the skill points to put them into the boosts, they will cease to mention the boost, and will have the same toolpick as the level1 skill.

Didn't test this out ingame, but if the problem is the same as before patch, it's likely that it's merely display/UI bug.

I think this is more of a display problem than an actual skill bug. Before the patch 6.0 and the skill revamps, you can put 1 pt into a skill, and as long as you don't have points in another node with the same skill, those nodes will say XXX boost. But as soon as you level a few more times and have the skill points to put them into the boosts, they will cease to mention the boost, and will have the same toolpick as the level1 skill.

Didn't test this out ingame, but if the problem is the same as before patch, it's likely that it's merely display/UI bug.

I hear ya but it is not a GUI issue. I've spent a 180k on respecs for my Volt. Overload is doing far less damage. 200 vs 1500 before patch. It's range is FAR less even with a mod on it. Like I said before patch, skills were showing that they were boosts and they still do when you upgrade point by point.

When you put points into the respective skill, it reverts back to default vs before patch, it showed as an upgrade to the skill. We could use a post from Devs either stating it was intentional or it's being looked into. I just want to know.

Edit: If some other Volt player can show greater damage than 500 on their ult on the new planets or old I would like to see it. I went back to Earth and tested it and it showed 200. Didn't even clear a room.

Edited by shoultzilla

I hear ya but it is not a GUI issue. I've spent a 180k on respecs for my Volt. Overload is doing far less damage. 200 vs 1500 before patch. It's range is FAR less even with a mod on it. Like I said before patch, skills were showing that they were boosts and they still do when you upgrade point by point.

When you put points into the respective skill, it reverts back to default vs before patch, it showed as an upgrade to the skill. We could use a post from Devs either stating it was intentional or it's being looked into. I just want to know.

Edit: If some other Volt player can show greater damage than 500 on their ult on the new planets or old I would like to see it. I went back to Earth and tested it and it showed 200. Didn't even clear a room.

Hmmm, I'll take your words for it, since I've not done any experiments myself; I was pretty much just going with my Mag's 1k Crush before and after patch. Unless I'm just too careless and couldn't tell the difference...

• 1 month later...