Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mod Concept] Relentless Assault (Automatics)

M4g1kz

Greetings and thanks again Tenno!

Due to great feedback, I've changed the concept of the mod's place in this game.

Instead of merely proposing a mod for "LMG" weapons per say, I suggest the type specific mod "Automatic's Only."  If you look into the weapons details even at the Market, you see that multiple weapons have the term 'Automatic' which differentiates Automatic from Semi-Automatic and Burst-Fire.  The idea of this mod concept was to make it so weapons with abnormal ammunition pools and high fire rates could be used for a longer period without having to switch out.

The new proposal...

Rare Mod: Rare Mod: (Relentless) / (Sustained) / (Unstoppable) Assault

Type(s): Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun.

Additional Note: Mod will state in parethesis. (Only for Automatics)

Description: A percentage chance to recover ammo.

Rank 0 -    +2% Ammo Recovery

Rank 1 -    +4% Ammo Recovery

Rank 2 -    +6% Ammo Recovery

Rank 3 -    +8% Ammo Recovery

Rank 4 -    +10% Ammo Recovery

Rank 5 -    +12% Ammo Recovery

Therefore at Rank (0)/(1)/(2)/(3)/(4)/(5) with any Automatic weapon, every shot you fire, you have a (2%)/(4%)/(6%)/(8%)/(10%)/(12%) chance of getting that shot back.

On a side-note, how I imagined the picture is a Warframe (non-specific) holding the Gorgon, down on one knee with the Gorgon at full burst, with multiple clips scattered around on the ground.

=========================================================

Please give further suggestions or feedback!

If you think this idea is unbalanced please give reasons and statistics!

Some pointed out how it would be unfair to only focus on a type of weapon modification, which I agree for some rapid-fire weapons do exist besides the Gorgon.  Therefore I'm moving the original idea below this and changing the focus of this thread in a forward direction.

There's one individual weapon that appeals to a lot of players due to it's size and description.  Everyone's favorite Light Machine Gun, the Gorgon.  Though, after a few days of playing with the Gorgon, you realize one thing.  Expending all ammo is easier than anything else in the game (especially after U9, hue), hence the recommendation of an LMG-specific Mod.

Rare Mod: (Relentless) / (Sustained) / (Unstoppable) Assault

Description: After continuous long bursts, you are refunded some ammunition.

Ranking up this mod required massive balance issues due to the actual effectiveness of the Gorgon when it's unleashed.

Total Amount of ranks is five regardless because it is easier to balance the start of such a mod.

Rank 0 - 12 consecutive rounds / 1 refunded

Rank 1 - 10 consecutive rounds / 1 refunded

Rank 2 - 8   consecutive rounds / 1 refunded

Rank 3 - 6   consecutive rounds / 1 refunded

Rank 4 - 5   consecutive rounds / 1 refunded

Rank 5 - 5   consecutive rounds / 2 refunded

On a side-note, how I imagined the picture is a Warframe (non-specific) holding the Gorgon, down on one knee with the Gorgon at full burst, with multiple clips scattered around on the ground.

Edited by M4g1kz

I like it, not sure about a mod being designed around a single weapon though. Feels like there needs to be a few more high mag weapons out there before it could be entirely justified.

Most mods cover all weapons in some way. If a mod was going to be specific to a type of rifle then it may end up needing its own mod tree, like the Shotguns

Edited by TheLostReverend

Greetings again Tenno!

There's one individual weapon that appeals to a lot of players due to it's size and description.  Everyone's favorite Light Machine Gun, the Gorgon.  Though, after a few days of playing with the Gorgon, you realize one thing.  Expending all ammo is easier than anything else in the game (especially after U9, hue), hence the recommendation of an LMG-specific Mod.

Rare Mod: (Relentless) / (Sustained) / (Unstoppable) Assault

Description: After continuous long bursts, you are refunded some ammunition.

Ranking up this mod required massive balance issues due to the actual effectiveness of the Gorgon when it's unleashed.

Total Amount of ranks is five regardless because it is easier to balance the start of such a mod.

Rank 0 - 12 consecutive rounds / 1 refunded

Rank 1 - 10 consecutive rounds / 1 refunded

Rank 2 - 8   consecutive rounds / 1 refunded

Rank 3 - 6   consecutive rounds / 1 refunded

Rank 4 - 5   consecutive rounds / 1 refunded

Rank 5 - 5   consecutive rounds / 2 refunded

Please give further suggestions or feedback!

If you think this idea is unbalanced please give reasons and statistics!

this make me think but cod

Edited by Neronicify

You can do a similar concept that works with every weapon, gives you a % for a shot to not cost anything and the % increases with rank. This will help all other guns as well (possibly even pistols like Twin Vipers). Of course, single-shots (Latrons) and low ammunition weapons (latron) won't benefit from this mod as much.

I do agree with the idea where you're coming from with a separate mod class and how that would make the game much more annoying due to the massive amount of mods already.  The idea I was stating similar to the Thunderbolt mod and how it's specific to "Bows" and how this could be originated to "LMG's."

Then, Andry also has a good point where the Twin Vipers and what I think the Grakata could also use a mod such as this.  There lies an issue due to the current use of Kunai  and game-balance where a pistol mod such as that could be made and therefore I'm going to add at the bottom the new ideas in which is inspired through your guys' input.  I hope you both come back and look at what I add here in a few moments.