Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quartz The Warframe Of Crystal

Rada13

Quartz is a support and utility frame with some damage

Helmet names would be after different crystals and precious stones such as Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Spinel etc.

Lore: Deep in the asteroid belt that lies between Mars and Jupiter lies the ruins of an old Martian mining station. Here  crystals of numerous varieties were mined for processing back on mars and was fruitful for quite some time. As the technocyte infestation rose, the facility became contaminated and had to be abandoned leaving the area desolate for many years. Early tenno stumbled upon this facility and purged it, but although the facility could have provided the tenno with a hefty supply of resources, they instead became entranced with their surroundings. Seeing how this area was to secluded from corpus and grineer forces which tended to congregate around planets the tenno turned a station into a small enclave for training and study. These tenno became entranced with the crystals and their many characteristics seeing them as reflections of tenno ideals such as strength, clarity, balance, and versatility. Eventually these tenno began to master the manipulation of these crystals in hopes of finding true perfection to aid their bretheren in combat. Quartz is one the newest soldiers to come from this hidden enclave in hopes of helping the tenno cause.

this char has several possible skills

Skill 1: Crystal Rupture: Quartz makes a large crystal erupt from the ground in front of her at a 45 degree angle, any enemies hit by this will be damaged but the crystal also acts as a raised platform/cover, tenno are able to walk up the crystal to the top and fire down at enemies or uses them to jump up to higher locations

Skill 2 (1): Refraction: Quartz summons a crystal in a location which generates an aoe aura any damage done to enemies in the aura will be amplified by the crystal.

Alternative: Any damage done to allies in the aura will cause the crystal to damage any enemies in the aura.

Skill 3: Piezoelectric Conduction: Crystalizing the enemies armor drains shields from the enemy and transfers it to your team if the enemy has no shields they will transfer health instead.

Skill 4: Diamond Ring: Quartz creates a ring of spinning crystals around her and her allies, any enemies that touch the ring will be hit with a base damge plus the equivalent of your current standard melee attack power (not charged attacks) being hit by the ring  has a refresh time so an enemy can be hit every few seconds the skill is active, at the end of the powers duration the ring explodes dealing damage to enemies in medium radius around the player. This skill has a timer before it detonates but can be ended prematurely by hitting the skill a second time though the damge by the explosion will be reduced if ended early.

Edited by Rada13

• 1 month later...

This Frame Caught my attention. I like the idea, as well as the theme of the frame. Keeping it a mid range suport frame that both deals minor damage and protects/ Buffs other Tenno is a grand concept. Some slight Modifications may need to be made, but then ain maybe not. Who knows. Lets just see what the guys on the Design, Programming, and story teams think XD

• 10 months later...

This is very good and very interesting :

Support frames, except for trinity and vauban (i am not counting oberon), are rare in warframe and truly needed.

This is a great one : keep it up, and I hope DE will look at this post.

• 1 month later...

I had almost the same idea,u know u could also add an ability which the frame creates a crystal core inside it's body which gathers light and uses the crystal to create an energy beam which deals damage like the flux rifle but much more powerfull.i think that this will make it a unique frame