Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vector, The Particle Accelerator Warframe

Pekku

I've been tossing around this idea based on the Accelerator from the Toaru Majutsu no Index series around in my head for some time now, and I've decided to share it today. I tried making the concept and abilities as fresh and interesting as possible, while remaining practical and balance, well in my opinion anyway. Here goes:

Vector Shooting | Energy: 25 | Hotkey: 1

Greatly increases the magnitude of which Vector's weapons fire for a brief amount of time, allowing them to deal more damage and tear through enemies.

- Cost to equip of 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 which is then halved by the Polarity slot, rounded up.

- Grants primary and secondary weapons 0.25 / 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 in-game metres of puncture and increases damage by 7.5% / 15% / 22.5% / 30% for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds.

Notes:

- For the duration of the skill, all shots, including those from bolt and projectile weapons, appear as a thin, instantaneous beam, akin to that of a Railgun Moa.

- Beam color is affected by energy color.

- When the skill is active, the your currently selected weapon glows as if it's under the effect of the Melee Charge mod, determined by your energy color.

Reflection | Energy: 50 | Hotkey: 2

Vector creates a barrier on himself that reverses all incoming threat, sending ranged attacks back to enemies, and violently repels melee attacks.

- Cost to equip of 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 which is then halved by the Polarity slot, rounded up.

- Ignores damage for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds.

- Ignores all crowd control and debuffs such as stuns, poison and energy drains.

- Reflects 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% of incoming damage.

Notes:

- Melee attacks causes the assailant to be knocked away violently, as if being pulled Mag from the other side.

- Knockdown component for melee attacks doesn't work on bosses.

Acceleration | Energy: 75 | Hotkey: 3

Grants all nearby Warframes with temporary increase fire rate and reload speed.

- Boosts fire rate and reload speed by 10% / 15% / 25% / 50%.

- Cost to equip of 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 which is then halved by the Polarity slot, rounded up.

- Duration of 5 / 8 / 12 / 15 seconds.

Plasma Storm | Energy: 100 | Hotkey: 4

Vector creates a plasma storm by manipulating the wind and compressing it at high speeds in a single point.

- Range of 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 in-game metres.

- Plasma Storm radius of 8 in-game metres at all levels.

- Plasma Storm charge-up time of 4 seconds at all levels.

- Cast time of 2 seconds.

- Deals 100 / 150 / 200/ 250 damage for 4 seconds. Damage is not affected by enemy resistances.

- Enemies who survive the initial attack is blinded for 6 seconds.

- Cost to equip of 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 which is then halved by the Polarity slot, rounded up.

Notes:

- When not used on a surface, the plasma storm manifests in mid-air at maximum possible range.

And there it is. I hope no one is too offended that I drew inspiration from another source, namely a Japanese light novel series lol, it just seems like such a rad idea. I'll work on sketching out the appearance when I get some time. Hope you guys enjoyed the idea as much as I have creating it.

Vector Shooting is too similar to Rhino Roar.

Reflection is a god mode skill, DE have stated they don't like these, Iron Skin is a good example of that.

Acceleration, I have no problem with this, as long as it didn't increase past the current caps, that would make it OP.

I'm not sure I fully understand Plasma Storm.

this is a great idea. the only part i would personally change is the second skill. it just doesn't fit the feeling of an accelerator frame ability. i feel like an ability more like volts speed buff or rhinos charge would fit better as this frame is supposed to make things move fast. maybe change it so it reflects less damage and gives unlimited stamina for say,  5/10/15/25 seconds and is immune to stun and knock down and reflects 10/20/30/40 percent of damage