Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge New Idea! (Simia)

--.B.--Fr0stByt3-

Sadly I don't have the artistic skill to give a visual idea for this, but this all began as a sparked idea.

Contents:

Simia (New Faction/Species)

New Environment/tiles (For the Simia)

New Weapon (Brutum)

The Simia are a tribal race of large, gorilla-like creatures. They are bipedal, and sentient, though their upper body is so massive they are forced to use their arms to keep balanced. They are not heavy armored, as they prefer to be unencumbered as they move, though their thick skin and heavy bodies can take a lot of damage before falling (High health, light armor). They have a layer of thick fur that can either grow thicker when exposed to the cold, or thin out and smooth onto the skin when in the heat. Accustomed to a swampy jungle type home, their ships are filled with flora from their world and given a humid temperature, along with areas that are allowed to fill with a little bit of water or moss to more closely resemble their natural habitat. The Simia work in tribes of sorts, with powerful chieftains who command large groups of them at a time.While they seem brutish and aggressive at first glance, they are quite intelligent and don't reveal their numbers immediately. They work in small teams and prefer silent and more primitive weapons like the Paris, Scindo, and Zoren; though some of their heavier armed soldiers will use shotguns like the Boar, or Bronco. Most times, they will find you before you find them, and will be signaled to their presence by the trail left by the arrows they fire.

While they have a space fairing presence in the system, they have not assimilated the technology of the other factions. Their alarms are manual and require a runner to blow into a horn that will sound throughout the ship or village alerting the rest to intruders. The Chieftain of a ship or village will often times be wearing decorative, and rather heavy, armor and wield Fragor, though he is rarely seen off their main base of operations. The Simia can be brutal and aggressive; if they invade another faction's ship they will don special armor that will protect them from the vacuum of space and burst through the ship windows, killing the opposing enemy with quick and silent efficiency. One of their most unique features is the creation of a smaller ax than the Zoren. The Brutum are small axes used as main weapons and carried in pouches on their backs that can be thrown long distances for heavy damage. Resembling the Scindo, each ax has a small handle the size of a dagger's and a rounded, razor sharp blade to allow best impact damage.

(This is a work in progress and these are all the ideas I could put down in one go. If you want to contribute anything to this, or care to work on some art that would take this idea into a better perspective, I'm more than happy to put it in! Critiques and comments are much appreciated! ^^ I plan to sketch a couple of ideas like the Brutum so that you can get a bit of a visual, but as I said I don't have a lot of artistic talent.)

Where are the Tenno and Corpus from? The thing is that we don't know where they came from, they just ended up on the planets we know. They just have a new solar body to the list as one of the planets in game. Lore is sure to follow on the idea if someone likes it. Just has to catch on.