Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Alerts Informer

SonicSonedit

Question

Warframe Alerts Informer is a standalone tool (application) for Windows XP/7/8. It will scan for alerts and inform you about new alerts which you want to know about. It's very easy to set up - for example, if you only want to be informed about Orokin Catalyst Blueprint and Orokin Reactor Blueprint alerts, just add "orokin" keyword to filter list!

This program:

• Will inform you about alerts you want to know - flexible filter settings.
  • Easy to use and setup - Unzip & start!
  • Has nice and user-friendly interface, but can also quietly run in tray.
  • Well optimized, this tool will not use more than necessary of your CPU or RAM. Much less than a browser tab with plugins.

Languages supported:

English.png English

Russian.png Русский

Spanish.png Espanol

Taiwan.png Taiwan

30n9mw3.jpg French

German.png German

image.png Portuguese (BR)

Current version 1.6.1:

First of all, a big thanks to NTYD1S for updating filters, nodes and lang strings.

- Fixed a bug with popup windows not going away after you click it
- Now WAI only writes error to log file if same error happened at least 15 minutes ago
- Fixed a bug when settings window will go into background after executing "Open file" dialog on Windows7 and later
- Scrapped windows API sound functions, using custom function to set music volume, now it affects .wav files just fine (affected mp3, ogg and others formats but not wav before)
- Increased volume range
- Fixed popup window not updating it's picture for the first second of notification
- Fixed a lot of bugs related to Test Alert, also you are now prompted about saving the config before launching test alert
- Added new option for when game is already running:
-- Reduce notification time: default 3 seconds, This affects BOTH sound and popup window! If set to 0 then WAI will not notify anything at all while game is running
-- Do not show notification popup window: default off, this basically means "sound only" while game is running.
-- Reduce notification sound volume: default 25%, if enabled, this volume will override any event notification sound volume setting while game is running. Setting volume to 0% makes it "popup window only" while gaming is running.
- Added button to open Warframe alerts twitter "Twitter | (@WarframeAlerts)" to both alert list popup menu and tray popup menu
- Added "Close to tray" option: default off, minimizes app instead of closing it
- Program settings window is now blocked while saving settings to avoid confusion
- Program settings title is now translated
-- Translation:
- Added Portuguese (BR) translation by Kitessencial
- Added 5 new strings which need translation in first post, under "Stings which need translation" section, wrapped in spoiler tag.

Older update notes:

Version 1.1 update notes

Version 1.2 update notes

Version 1.3 update notes

Version 1.3.3 update notes

Version 1.3.4 update notes

Version 1.4 update notes

Version 1.4.1 update notes

Screenshots:

Windows 7: thumb.pngthumb.pngthumb.png

Windows XP: thumb.png thumb.png thumb.png

Settings:

To edit settings click a button with gears on it.
thumb.png

1) Twitter URL - don't edit this.
2) GMT - program should automatically detect your GMT. But still it better check if it detected your GMT correctly (Windows XP users notably). You can check your GMT here. Just select your region under "What's the Time in every country in the World?".
3) You can save keywords to ini file by clicking image.png or load them from ini file by clicking image.png. For example click image.png and load Keywords.ini which should be in program's directory.
4) This is keyword list. When any of these words are present as alert reward, program will inform you about the alert.
5) To add more keywords, click image.png. To delete a keyword, first select it in the list (#4) and then click image.png. To edit a keyword, first select it in the list (#4) and then click image.png.
6) If "Play sound" is checked, program will play "Music123.wav" when alert is detected. If "Flash on taskbar" is checked, program will restore itself from tray and blink on taskbar. if "Show alert info notification" is checked, program will show balloon-popup info about alert (see screenshots above).
7) The notifications above (#6) can be repeated set amount of times or until program's window gets focus.

Language strings in "Lang" folder which need an update:

Spanish:

EditKeyword2 (hint when you hover over "edit filter" button)
ActionType (actions to take when informing about alert/invansion/infestation - in other words notification settings for selected filter)
Restore (Restore application from tray icon to normal mode)
CompactMode (Switch to compact mode)
StandardMode (Switch to full mode)
OpenSoundFile (Title for open sound file dialog)
ErrorConnection (This message is logged in error.log on connection error to any URL, not just twitter now)
ErrorNoLib1 (This message will popup if libeay32.dll is missing)
ErrorNoLib2 (This message will popup if ssleay32.dll is missing)
SelectFilterFirst (This message will popup if you try to activate test alert but didn't select filter from which notification settings will be used)
NotificationSettingsFor
EnableCategoryEdit
AutoGMTcorrection (need to be translated into "do this automatically" in 1 word, "Auto" in English)
Defended (Invasion timed out)
Cleared (Infestation timed out)
StartsIn (Countdown when Alert is not available yet but will start soon) (yes this happens)
Saving (When options window is blocked while settings are saved to file)
BalloonPopup (Show small notification popup window with information about alert)
GameIsrunning ("If Warframe is already running" or "When warframe is being played")
ReduceTimeTo (If warframe is being played, reduce notification time to)
DoNotShowPopup (If warframe is being played, do not show small notification popup window with information about alert)
ReduceVolumeTo (If warframe is being played, reduce volume to value to)
CloseToTray (When close button is clicked (the "X" at the top right border of the screen) minimize to tray instead of closing the application

Taiwan:

None

French:

NotificationArea (Small always-on-top notification window settings)
NotificationPosition (position of said window)
AutoGMTcorrection (need to be translated into "do this automatically" in 1 word, "Auto" in English)
StartsIn (Countdown when Alert is not available yet but will start soon) (yes this happens)
BalloonPopup (Show small notification popup window with information about alert)
GameIsrunning ("If Warframe is already running" or "When warframe is being played")
DoNotShowPopup (If warframe is being played, do not show small notification popup window with information about alert)
CloseToTray (When close button is clicked (the "X" at the top right border of the screen) minimize to tray instead of closing the application

German: 

NotificationArea (Small always-on-top notification window settings)
NotificationPosition (position of said window)

Portuguese (BR): 

Version 1.6.1:
Download
Steam thread
Virustotal

Found a bug?
Have idea for a new feature?
Want to add translation?
Contact me here!

Edited by SonicSonedit

Version 1.1 is available
- Program can now work even if ALL componets are missing, except libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll.
- Added new option "Don't update alert countdown timer when running in background" - on by default.
- Minor interface tweaks.

Full archieve (9.3 mb)

Exe only (2.6 mb)

"Don't update alert countdown timer when running in background" explanation:

Previously, when program's window was not active (you were doing something in other window) it didn't update the alert countdown timer

thumb.png

(not the alert list!) to reduce both CPU and GPU usage. Now you can disable this. Requested by 2 users who have multiple monitors.

Edited by SonicSonedit

Maybe an option to change the sound and to make the sound stop when you click onto the program/on a stop button would be nice.

I manually changed the sound and it doesn't stop until the song finishes.

I'm gonna look into getting just some noise to use that I'd notice, for now.

Awesome asides from that. Thanks!

Maybe an option to change the sound and to make the sound stop when you click onto the program/on a stop button would be nice.

I manually changed the sound and it doesn't stop until the song finishes.

I'm gonna look into getting just some noise to use that I'd notice, for now.

Awesome asides from that. Thanks!

Yeah, I can add this along with lang files in 1.2!

Thanks for the reply!

The only thing missing is the voice that another program has announcing the alerts and the kitchen sink.

I can add voice announcements, but is it really needed?

This needs a feature to get rid of the timed out alerts..not automatically but at the user's request

Ok

Version 1.2 is available
- Fixed a typo in config file. Maybe you will need to re-config some settings again.
- Keyword's filename textbox is now read-only to avoid confusion. Use load/save buttons to manage file path.
- A lot of minor code optimisation. Some additional file correction checks. Some additional exception handlers.
- Now program will not spam you with error messages if it fails to receive data from Twitter, but instead write it in Error.log file.
- Now you can select custom sound file and change it's volume. You can use small "play/stop" button to prelisten the sound.
- All "open" dialogs now have "All files" filter. Use it on your own risk.

Full archieve (9.3 mb) http://www.mediafire.com/?o7kw87776crnrgt
Exe only (2.6 mb) http://www.mediafire.com/?gz5k4smv7ek7t26

"libeay32.dll is not found" when trying to run it. Downloaded exe only.

EDIT: Downloaded full archive, and now works. Was the exe the only thing needed for the update? I think I was under the impression that it would work with only the exe. If so, I feel stupid.

Edited by JustDylan14

"libeay32.dll is not found" when trying to run it. Downloaded exe only.

EDIT: Downloaded full archive, and now works. Was the exe the only thing needed for the update? I think I was under the impression that it would work with only the exe. If so, I feel stupid.

Yep, Exe-only archive is for update purpose. I will try to ger rid of DLLs some time later, I was a bit busy this week.

I've seen many other alert informers like this however this is the one that I liked the most. I do have one problem with the timer though. I live at MST -7:00 but I have to set the program to -6:00 to get the alarm to go off and the times to be correct with the curent alerts. (trying newest version to see if it still has this problem)

Keep up the good work. :)

[EDIT]: The timezone thing is still goofy but it doesn't bother me much since it gets the job done and still works just fine set to -6:00. Not sure if anyone else has the same problem but if they do that is the fix. One less hour then your own timezone.

Edited by Umie