Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nox - Warrior Of The Night

LordBeeBrain

This is just a warframe idea I came up with one day while playing. 

Please read and feel free to comment.

Idea: The lack of Healing Warframes is pretty apparent to me.. Idk if anyone else cares, but I find it quite unfair. As Ash offers a way to be stealthy and do a lot of damage, I came up with this Warframe idea to offer a supportive role, while also offering abilities to dish out damage. 

It also would be a great competitor for Nova and could potentially be a better end-game support character than Trinity

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Nox (Meaning Night in Latin)

Appearance: Tall, very slender, but masculine. Warframe original colors are black with accents of red. It's helmet has eyes that glow and ears like a bat. On it's back are glowing symbols that appears to be bat wings. It's fingers are pointed and resemble claws. 

--------

Stats

Health: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shields: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shield Regen: 25

Sprint Speed: 1.15

Armor: 50

Power: 150 (225 at rank 30)

-----------------------------

Abilities: 

Name: Feed

25 Energy

Description: Nox uses telekinesis to pull his target into grabbing range and absorbs the enemy's life force. Restoring a portion of his own health, as well as damaging the enemy. 

Costs 2/3/4/5 to equip, which is halved by polarity slot, rounded up. 

Range is 10/15/20/25 in game meters. This is affected by Power Range (Stretch)

Damage is 100/150/200/250. This is affected by Power Strength (Focus)

Restores 5/10/15/25% Health per use. This is not affected by Power Strength (Focus)

Enemy is thrown away with telekinesis once skill is over (if they're still alive). Does not hurt enemy, but if enemy is thrown into groups, it will stagger whatever it hits.

Cannot be cast in air

--------------------------------

Name: Wings of Darkness

50 Energy

Description: Nox uses telekinetic forces to lift himself off of the ground, which allows for temporary flight. 

Costs 4/5/6/7 to equip. Halved by polarity slot, rounded up. 

Duration of 5/8/11/15 seconds. This is affected by power duration (Continuity and Constitution)

Ascend/ Descend by moving in direction camera is pointed.

Can shoot while flying (This allows Nox to be a great aerial support character)

Can use "sprint" button to fly at higher speeds. This is not affected by Rush mod. 

When activated, holographic images of bat wings will appear from Nox's back.

Can't be hit by those annoying rollers while in the air! (Or by melee attacks, depending on how high you are)

Can be cast in air 

----------------------------------

Name: Shadow Swarm

75 Energy

Description: Nox surrounds himself and nearby teammates with mechanical bats. When the player's take health damage, the bats attack enemies dealing damage and transferring health to player. 

Costs 6/7/8/9 to equip. Halved by polarity slot, rounded up. 

Radial Buff of 10/15/25/30 meters. Affected by Power Range (Stretch) 

Number of Bats Created are 1/2/3/4 (Can be increased by 2 with both continuity and constitution)

Buff lasts for 80 seconds. Not increased by Continuity or Constitution. 

Damage dealt by bats is 200/300/400/500. This can be increased by Power Strength (Focus). Damage ignores shields, but not armor. 

Restores 8/15/20/25% health to players. This can be increased by Power Strength (Focus)

Cannot be used again until all bats have disappeared or have been used. 

Can be cast in air or when using flight.

-----------------------------------

Name: Children of the Night

100 Energy

Description: Nox releases a swarm of mechanical bats to seek out and latch on to targets. The bats will absorb life-force from enemies and then explode, dealing massive damage and distributing gathered life force to surrounding Tenno. 

Costs 10/11/12/13 to equip. Halved by polarity slot, rounded up. 

Number of Bats created are 6/10/14/18

Bats will fly around field in search of enemies, but won't go past current map tile. 

Explosion Damage 500/600/700/800 damage per explosion. Can be increased by Power Strength (Focus)

Explosion Radius is 6/8/10/12 in game meters. Can be increased by Power Range (Stretch)

Health Restoration radius is 10/15/20/25 meters from killed enemy. Can not be increased by Power Range (stretch)

Amount of Health Restored is 30/35/40/45% to surrounding players. Health divided between number of Tenno in range. Cannot be increased by Power Strength (Focus)

To be more specific 1 player = full 30/35/40/45% health. 2 = 50% of 30/35/40/40% of health, 3 = 33.3% and so on. 

Bats take 5 seconds to explode

Only one bat can latch on to an enemy at a time

Power in use until all bats have exploded.

Can be cast in air. 

------------------------------------

And there you have it! 

Like I said, feel free to comment! 

And if the Devs consider this, I would be greatly honored. 

Thank you all.

Edited by xZetsumeix

That's actually pretty rad, the sprint during flight might be a bit bad though, being able to rush without the hindrance of obstacles won't go down too well with some, but other than that it definitely sounds like a frame I'd use. +1 :) 

First of all, thanks :D 

being able to rush without the hindrance of obstacles won't go down too well with some

As for this, I see what you mean, perhaps it could be half current sprint speed or something. But I mean, everyone complains about something at first - just look at people's reactions to Nova! Lol, 

First of all, thanks :D 

As for this, I see what you mean, perhaps it could be half current sprint speed or something. But I mean, everyone complains about something at first - just look at people's reactions to Nova! Lol, 

True, maybe keep it at normal sprint speed? not having it buffed by mods will mean no rush/complaining, and having at least a small amount of sprint will keep people from saying that it's too slow to navigate around with and it 'doesn't keep pace with the game' but if that' doesn't work than as you said, like, half or a portion of rush boost would apply, anyway, great ideas all around.

This is very unique and I really like it. I hope they actually do take a look at this, because it seems you've put so much work into coming up with those skills! Good job to you! 

I really like how it is a perfect mix of Damage and Support. And the flight skill is a first! I love it! I would enjoy having a flying warframe! 

Mechanical bats sound awesome too. 

Ahaha. 

I was just trying to make it to current Nova standards. Honestly, I don't see why people complain about Nova so much. Seeing as this game is mainly PvE and PvP is optional. 

I wanted to make a warframe that could support himself and others on the field, while also being able to do a large amount of damage as well. 

Out of all things though, I have to say my favorite skill here is Flight. 

I like this one the most because, not does it only add a new way to move around the field, it also allows Nox to be a "death from above" character. Imagine using that and Ogris together. Or a sniper rifle. 

I think 18 bats with 800 damage explosion each is too much op,  that's 14400 total damage and the damage transferred as health to other players.

I saw your point, and tweaked it a bit, but in response to this I say: Nova's Molecular Prime can clear out nearly an entire map tile of enemies in a short amount of time and, I've personally had Antimatter Drop do more than 30k damage after shooting it with 3 clips of Despair. 

Also, as said before, this is supposed to an offensive alternative to Trinity. Trinity's fourth skill restores ALL health, as well as making them invincible for a while. This move restores a certain percentage of health to any Tenno that was near the enemy when the bat exploded. 

Also, take in mind that the bats explode 5 seconds after latching on to an enemy. Meaning, they won't all explode at the same exact time. 

Just wanted to clear that up, so it didn't seem so OP. 

I thank you for your feedback, and would like to hear more from you and other people. 

Edited by xZetsumeix