Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan-Frame Ideas: Cat Frame And Beast Frame

khimera

Do not rip on me until you hear me out.

I keep seeing a ton of cat-frame ideas but NONE of them even touch on Alice in Wonderland and the Cheshire cat, which I will explain in a moment. Second, I have an Idea for a counterpart to Rhino that is entirely Offense-based, lacking the tanking ability but instead being a rail-gun you fire off...repeatedly. That's only a metaphor. I do draw, if you've looked at my fan art topic, so these may get some of my own art to them if I'm still inspired and get nice critique and comments.

Cat Frame Idea

Name: Cheshire

Gender: Indeterminate (IE: doesn't matter, I will be calling it a 'he' in descriptions for simplicity's sake)

Type: Illusory/Light-Bending

Base Stats

Health: 75

Power: 150

Armor: 25

Shield Capacity: 100

Sprint Speed: 1.20

Powers

Mad Grin/Flash Smile (25 Energy): The lower jaw of the Cheshire warframe's helmet possesses a special mechanism that emits a wave of strobing flashes of light that both irradiates and blinds foes. The mechanism activates when the lower jaw shifts downward, revealing a 'grin-like' device which emits the flashes. (Produces a flashing effect which guaranteed stuns/disorients enemies caught in the cone of light aimed in Cheshire's facing direction. Possible minor poison effect.)

Repulse (50 Energy): Emitting hard-light from specific points on the his body while spinning around, Cheshire repels surrounding foes with a dazzling display. (Knockback-knockdown and moderate damage)

Optical Disruption (75 Energy): By bending the surrounding light, Cheshire essentially becomes invisible. The concentration required, however, prevents attacking. (Attacking or getting attacked disrupts invisibility.)

Full House (100 Energy): Releasing rapidly strobing lights and symbol holographs Cheshire overloads the cerebral circuits of onlooking flows with such a bright display; dealing severe and often fatal damage and cranial hemorrhaging. (To prevent epilepsy attacks, the actual graphic I imagine would appear like an out-bursting wave with flickering corpus, grineer, and tenno alphabet symbols inside the radius. Think Matrix.)

Physical Description

A lithe, agile warframe capable of keeping enemies at bay while squadmates take them down or vanishing briefly to execute those opposing him. Not a true assassin, Cheshire accels at playing with his prey and leaving them disoriented before the kill.

EDIT: 94b16e46fccc2fc8ac4a76f31e324a11.JPG

63892d5c063cada94995ca0b84f25025.JPG

Beast Frame Idea

Name: Behemoth

Type: Glass Cannon

Base Stats

Health: 100

Power: 100

Armor: 50

Shield Capacity: 75

Sprint Speed: 0.9

Powers

Fist Cannon (25 Energy): Utilizing enhanced musculature and powerful propulsive technology, Behemoth throws a punch that breaks the sound barrier and sends a line of concussive force at his target. At close range this strike is invariably fatal and sends foes flying. (Think a punch with the force of a railgun. Remember Railgun Moas? Stealing their guns and making them better.)

Shock Quake (50 Energy): Repeatedly striking the ground Behemoth sends out wide-range shockwaves that stun enemies for the duration of this ability as well as cause them to take damage. (Useless against airborne units, great for crowds. I can imaging Stretch and Continuity Mods being exploited heavily on this one.)

Charged Skin (75 Energy): Wrapping himself in kinetic force, the Behemoth warframe deals out damage to foes that get too close. Any attacks made against him while this ability is active only intensify the effect, making him a walking weapon. (An inverted version of Iron skin since I ran out of full offensive ideas for him. Think of it like having bullet attractor on you without the nastiness of getting hit by your own bullets...and the field is where enemies start taking damage that increases in increments depending on how much you're getting hit.)

Atlas Tremor (100 Energy): Forming spires of hyper-dense kinetic energy in a field around him, Behemoth skewers his foes and denies them easy access to his location. (Spikes coming out of the ground forming temporary, damaging obstacles for enemies. Possibly a nuisance for allies, but possible area of denial uses.)

Physical Description

A hulking brute that serves as a twin and counterpart to the defensive tank that is Rhino. Purely offensive with no room to defend or maneuver around swiftly, the Behemoth warframe takes down opponents with sheer, overwhelming force.

Edited by khimera

The cat frame seems a little silly

That's the point. We've never had a truly 'flashy' warframe, and the fact it's based off the Cheshire cat just a bit makes it amusing. I had fun coming up with the ideas, and I didn't optimize them for statistically efficient play. Of the two, Cheshire is actually by far the more squad-friendly.

Two things.

First: If a moderator sees this please move it to the fan concept subforum. I don't know how long that's been around but I definitely didn't see it when I made this thread so I apologize since I'm almost certain this thread is in the wrong place now.

Second: IMAGES. I sketched up (rather quickly I might add) a basic body concept of Cheshire and a few possible helmet designs. I'm not totally satisfied with them, but I suck at the female figure to begin with.

Theres already a cat frame concept, and my opinion theirs is better lol :P.

I agree with you (And they can do art much better than mine too, so I'm kinda jelly about that) but this is my take on the cat frame. Personally, I think the art for the cat frame concept they have would work with just about anything anyone puts down for abilities. I actually hope to sketch up something for Behemoth soon, but I have no means to upload images for the next 19 or so days. I see him being bulky, but lacking the armored look of Rhino on his torso and pants region.