Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluid - A Liquid Based Warframe Concept

x1MW1xGRILLMASTERx

Fluid is a female warframe that harnesses the power of liquid to control and destroy enemies.  She is a highly mobile, lightly armored frame.  I gave quite a few examples of some abilities that I think would be interesting (and beneficial...) to wield.  Ultimately, her overall classification would be determined by which abilities are chosen.  There are some intended for crowd control, camoflauge/shape-shifting, and heavy damage.

Abilities:

1) Drench/Jet-Stream - Shoots a straight stream of liquid pushing enemies back and dealing minor damage. The damaging effect is more powerful against corpus robots.

2) ? - Gyrating liquid capsules that are similar in appearance to nova's null star. They absorb the damaging effects of toxins and flames, while they have no effect on other types of attacks. The absorbed toxins deal damage to non-toxic enemies.

3a) Rapids/Waterfall - Liquid flows down like a waterfall, creating a wall of liquid, forcing enemies away from the point of attack (Enemies closer to the point of attack will be forced away at greater speeds). Continuity will increase the duration and focus will increase the force that enemies are pushed away with. High level enemies will simply be slowed down similar to the snow globe effect.

3b) Flux - The frame transitions into an all-out liquid suit, allowing bullets and other attacks to pass through the tenno with no ill effects. This will not make the tenno immune to toxin effects.

3c) Metamorphosis - The frame takes the shape of a nearby enemy (similar to t-1000 from terminator 2), allowing the tenno to pass through enemy territories undetected for a determined amount of time.

3d) Puddle - The frame takes the shape of a puddle (also similar to t-1000 from terminator 2), allowing the tenno to pass through enemy territories undetected for a determined amount of time.

3e) Hypotonic Explosion/Osmosis - The frame takes fluid form and enters an enemies body, dealing heavy damage and causing it to explode from the inside.

4a) Sublimation - Enemies within range are dealt heavy damage, eventually causing their solid matter to transition into gas, bypassing the liquid state.

4b) Undertow - All enemies within range are knocked down and dealt heavy damage (simulating drowning). Energy is scattered along the floor line within the range of the attack for the duration.  Continuity, focus, and reach will affect this ability respectively.

Edited by x1MW1xGRILLMASTERx

4) Sublimation - Enemies within range are dealt heavy damage, eventually causing their solid matter to transition into gas, bypassing the liquid state.

I...don't know why would controlling Liquid do that...If it controlled Matter on the other hand, wouldn't it just be like Seikon no Qwaser?

I...don't know why would controlling Liquid do that...If it controlled Matter on the other hand, wouldn't it just be like Seikon no Qwaser?

If she can control the entire state of liquid, since liquid is an intermediate state, she can convert solid into a gas.  Maybe sublimation isn't the best choice of words, but it sounds good.

I edited ability #4 to better serve the liquid relationship.  Not sure about everyone else, but I think this would be a great frame.  Open to criticism/suggestions...

Well, Sublimation makes sense if you put it this way: Fluid denies anything from turning into liquid, making them Sublimate straight away after...something.

Ability 3b is some pretty damn good invincibility.

Ability 3e is just single target so...no.

To be honest, I didn't have my heart set on sublimation.  I had originally thought of dehydration (All the liquid of enemies within range is evaporated, causing them to disintegrate), but decided that would be a better fit for a frame like ember, so I kind of BS'd my way into sublimation.  

I think undertow is a much better fit and more unique in comparison to other frames.  Rather than killing every enemy, it will knock down every enemy, and kill the weaker ones.

3e) I agree, but it would look pretty awesome.  That ability was recommended to me by a friend, so I figured it was worth adding.  

• 7 months later...