Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expansion > Shiny And New

ArmaMalum

So I think we can all agree Warframe is definitely incomplete. I also think we can all agree that complaining about stuff that hasn't been patched yet (i.e. "I want the better stuff NOW") isn't exactly fair to DE, seeing as they started fairly small and is now trying to update AND maintain a game with 3 million+ players. This game starts off unpolished but fun, figuring out mods, claiming that first built item in the foundry, unlocking all the planets, finally getting to the void. But the pace for new content has both slowed and also never been wanted more. Because of this, people hit end/late game and begin the monotonous farming, mastery leveling, using weapons they don't like to max them and never touch them again. I know, I'm currently there. So the problem is content as of now, but the real question is, which content and how? I personally want to see less drastic but more practical expansion of current content more than new content as of right now. We need more "stuff" in general, not necessarily "new stuff".

Here are some ideas:

Expand Current Tilesets

The Galleon and Settlement expansions are all well and good, but these new sets are confined to where they were introduced. I still have times when I run through the same room three times in a row, let alone the fact that a random map generator with such a limited pool accomplishes very little. The main idea behind a "random" map is to introduce variance and make repeated runs keep their interest for longer. Expanding the current tile pool for every level won't be flashy but it will make going back to the same mission more fun.

Balance current weapons

A new weapon came out?? Awesome! Wait it's worse than the acrid? *&^%*&^%

DE has the issue right now that if it brings out a new weapon it needs to be either better than the best so people will build it or else they'll release and it wouldn't have been worth the time for most players. Balancing isn't easy don't get me wrong, but until they have enough different tiers of weapons to contest for "viability" at all points in the game the only reason to build a mid level weapon is to grind it for mastery. Why not balance the current arsenal to shake things up a bit instead of bringing in a new weapon? They're going to have to be balanced eventually or else some weapons will just be wasted data space.

Note: I do know armor needs to be re-balanced before weapons can hope to be balanced

Work on enemy AI instead of new units

A new grineer with a jetpack, sweet. He's still surrounded by a bunch of lancers that are derping around and stumbling towards you......through fire....and poison clouds. New units are great but why not make the current enemies smarter? I would much rather see stupid lancers in Mercury and smart lancers in Eris (Scaling AI) than a new unit that is slightly more frustrating and spawns less. Yes it would be the same enemy, but you approach to it would be different and that's what matters.

New Nightmare Challenges

Nightmare mode itself was a great idea and falls within this argument of "using what you got". This is a recent addition so that's a valid excuse, but just putting the idea of expanding possible Nightmare "Modifiers" to bring more variety to the challenge.

User Interface

This has been relatively untouched for a while, but it can improve! Improved, not replaced. Move the pop up text so +3 credits appears to the left and +3 control modules appears to right. Change the ridicule to show the weapon's accuracy. There are plenty of small things that can be done to improve the current UI and placate the masses until a new one comes.

Add new abilities, not new frames

We have a good amount of frames, but one ember can't do anything more than the next besides passive increases. Why not give just one more ability mod for each warframe? It's brings a choice and while probably more work than a new frame with 4 new abilities, it would be an incentive for people to dust off their old Mag or Volt and give it another go.

These are just a few ideas for an example. I just want to see improvement of current content over shiny new content so that way we have less 'dead' weapons and missions. I just think there's no point in DE releasing new content if an equal amount of old content gets abandoned and forgotten.

If this was said a month ago I would have said "Good post, great ideas" but this is everything the developers and warframe team are working on but I cant see them adding more than 4 abilities, maybe improving abilities such as nyx's abilities, we love the frame but only the 1 ability :\ *spams chaos*